The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

DET is building a championship team with their prospects:

Lucas Raymond - ?? - ??

Filip Zadina - Joe Veleno - ??

Robert Mastrosimone - Michael Rasmussen - ??

Albin Grewe - ?? - ??

Simon Edvinsson - Moritz Seider

Shai Buium - Antii Tuomisto

Jared McIsaac - Gustav Lindstrom

Sebastian Cossa

I wonder if there could be a trade sending Boeser their way. They could use RWs and the Canucks could sure use a couple of their prospects.

Edited by NUCKER67

23 hours ago, stawns said:

all of whom I would take before Boeser, without even thinking.  THey re far more complete players than Boeser

18 hours ago, zimmy said:

I can’t imagine anyone challenging you on this take but Mantha? Really? FAR more complete? Kane and Wheeler are better but they’re near forty years old. FAR better? As players? Assets?

After a little bit of thinking that’s my take, for what it’s worth.

15 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Stawns had had it out for Boeser for years now 

I know Stawns hasn't been the biggest supporter but those players have all been far more valuable than Boeser, and were even better when signed. We are talking about Patrick Kane the Calder, Hart, Art Ross, Conn Smythe, and Ted Lindsay Award ... or is that Evander? It's not really close.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

If he’s putting up 65 points it’s not bad at all but he’s on pace for 50 right now. So 7.5 million for a guy playing top line and top PP and only getting 50 points isn’t very good. Also adding into the fact that the guy he’s riding shotgun beside is on pace for 90 points.

Yep. 65 is just an average over his career (over 82 games). He has 11 points over his last 11 games and his poor start was probably more of an anomaly than a norm. He probably doesn't average that out this year but that is about where I rank him - some years he might average out 60, others 70. I think he does have potential to be a point per game player so I don't think it is a terrible contract but might not be great value. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Yep. 65 is just an average over his career (over 82 games). He has 11 points over his last 11 games and his poor start was probably more of an anomaly than a norm. He probably doesn't average that out this year but that is about where I rank him - some years he might average out 60, others 70. I think he does have potential to be a point per game player so I don't think it is a terrible contract but might not be great value. 

It can be amazing how little bang you get for your buck in the NHL.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

DET is building a championship team with their prospects:

Lucas Raymond - ?? - ??

Filip Zadina - Joe Veleno - ??

Robert Mastrosimone - Michael Rasmussen - ??

Albin Grewe - ?? - ??

Simon Edvinsson - Moritz Seider

Shai Buium - Antii Tuomisto

Jared McIsaac - Gustav Lindstrom

Sebastian Cossa

I wonder if there could be a trade sending Boeser their way. They could use RWs and the Canucks could sure use a couple of their prospects.

Joe Veleno and a 2nd but I'd settle for a 3rd

Thoughts on Boeser + ($$$ would likely need to go out) to CBJ for Laine?

personally I wouldn’t do it simply because I don’t like Laine’s personality  type, streakiness, and concern for his next contract value, but wanted to see what others thought.

Edited by RWJC

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

personally I wouldn’t do it simply because I don’t like Laine’s personality  type, streamlines, and concern for his next contract value, but wanted to see what others thought.

so why ask.

We don't need 1 dimensional scorers we need guys who win in the trenches. Our battle per 60 will be exposed in the playoffs if we even make it. Guys like Brock/Laine can go to Toronto where they over pay regular season players. 

• Vintage 1

On 2/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, canucklehead44 said:

7.5 QO isn’t ideal but it isn’t terrible. Based on an average of 65 points we would be looking at $115k per point which puts him in the range of Mantha, Marner, Stone, Wheeler, Kane.

Yeah no.  If the Canucks want to be a playoff winning team, they need to cut back this salary by a lot or go out and get guys who perform in the playoffs which requires more areas of the game.  FOs, hits, blocks, PK, cycling, solo efforts, forechecking......all of these are pretty big needs in the playoffs and I don't believe you win without your 7.5M guys contributing to multiple of these in addition to scoring.  I like Brock, but if we keep him, he has to be a borderline bargain for his scoring level because aside from his scoring he's mostly a passenger.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

so why ask.

We don't need 1 dimensional scorers we need guys who win in the trenches. Our battle per 60 will be exposed in the playoffs if we even make it. Guys like Brock/Laine can go to Toronto where they over pay regular season players. 

because i like hearing what others think

Edited by RWJC

3 hours ago, RWJC said:

personally I wouldn’t do it simply because I don’t like Laine’s personality  type, streakiness, and concern for his next contract value, but wanted to see what others thought.

I'd do Boeser for Laine.  I doubt Columbus does it though...

• Cheers 2

If we're going to try and resign Miller, Boeser has to bring in some help on defence. Yes we have really good GAA since Bruce there it is has come in but a lot of that is due to Demko saving us. 

Boeser for Bodqvist and Seiganthaler.

Bodqvist has been on Jerseys 3rd line putting up decent numbers. Put him on Peteys line. He has the speed and skill management is looking for. Seiganthaler is a good shut down defender and would round out our left side nicely. 

Hughes

Oel

Seiganthaler 

Rathbone

How about something totally different.

Boeser +2022 3rd, + 2024 5th

for

Pierre Luc Dubois

Boeser goes to Winnipeg, they get their Laine replacement and he's literally only miles from home.  We get PLD who is/is not seeming to fit in as well as some might have hoped in the Peg

Just a thought

Just now, Boknows08 said:

If we're going to try and resign Miller, Boeser has to bring in some help on defence. Yes we have really good GAA since Bruce there it is has come in but a lot of that is due to Demko saving us. 

Boeser for Bodqvist and Seiganthaler.

Bodqvist has been on Jerseys 3rd line putting up decent numbers. Put him on Peteys line. He has the speed and skill management is looking for. Seiganthaler is a good shut down defender and would round out our left side nicely. 

Hughes

Oel

Seiganthaler 

Rathbone

Don't see NJD trading Siegenthaler - Lindy calls him their top defender on the left side and says he's been their best guy to clean up the trouble areas.  He's playing on their top pairing with Hamilton.  

I would trade Boeser 

keep muller if he will resign I would resign him to whatever 8/9 mill 

go higher cap shorter term 

garland has identical numbers compared to BB and he is doing it in a cheaper contract abd with less PP1 and less top 6 min 

biesser to NJD for Mercer and Severson and a 3rd

do this at deadline - actually makes us a better team as severson >>>Hamonic 

severson is ufa so if we don’t like him then don’t resign and use the cap flexibility in offseason 

nJD had a ton of Cs- Hughes, zacha, hirschirr, Yegor, Mercer etc

alternativeky I would do BB for holtz straight up 

I think BB and hilts may have similar ceilings but holtz more of a risk as he is likely further from realizing this 

BB was all star mvp and Calder winner

2 hours ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Hmm not sure about getting Laine the talented sulky sniper at least Brock doesn’t cry around but he does have beautiful hair better than PL..

Laine is 6'5" so at the very least we increase our size up front and get rid of some of the smurfs.  He can become a 40 goal scorer again playing with Miller.

We need to keep Miller and trade some of our wingers for more size and speed up front and a couple of young big Dmen as well.  Pearson, Dickinson, Boeser and Garland should all be on the table to achieve this goal.  Garland has the speed and is on a good contract, however you must give to get and Miller isn't going anywhere, so Garland could be the chip we use to get a stud RHD.  We can sign the Russian dude Kuzmenko in the summer to replace him.

13 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I think Boeser is the likeliest trade candidate.

It'll all come down to $.  He's the one guy that I could see taking a sweetheart deal.  $6.5M AAV ... would you keep him?  I think I would if that's his cost.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, mll said:

Don't see NJD trading Siegenthaler - Lindy calls him their top defender on the left side and says he's been their best guy to clean up the trouble areas.  He's playing on their top pairing with Hamilton.  

What are your thoughts on Shakir Muk.? Im really high on him. Devils have a ton of Lhd prospects coming and could use some of that capital in other areas. Switch Seiganthaler for Muk. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, HKSR said:

It'll all come down to $.  He's the one guy that I could see taking a sweetheart deal.  $6.5M AAV ... would you keep him?  I think I would if that's his cost.

nope, both his shot and skating is trending downwards. Calling for a trade for years