The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

32 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Boeser + Rathbone for 1st + Zacha + Bahl. Or am I completely unrealistic here.

Their first is sitting 4th overall so unrealistic that’s why I didn’t even ask for that. Zacha is a third line winger and Bahl might not even be a full time NHLer. Honestly people keep bringing up NJ because they’re interested in Boeser I don’t think they have good enough assets to trade for Boeser. They won’t trade the pieces we should be asking for and I wouldn’t settle for average/their b prospects just to facilitate a trade with them. Their are teams that have better trade needs for us that are rumoured to wanting Boeser. I keep going back to the LA Kings they have some intriguing prospects.

Edited by flickyoursedin
  • Huggy Bear 1

I’m putting some pieces together and I think I’ve figured out a trade we will end up making due to reports, Rumors and comments made by JR. New management has been on record saying they want and are going after a “stud Dman” in the mold of a Chychrun, this leads me to Philly. We have had scouts at their last two games and the GM/POHO know them well as they were in the same division as the Penguins. 
No question in my mind they are targeting Provorov as that stud Dman and we have the pieces to make it happen, but who would they want? I can see us trying for Boeser, but I think it ends up being Horvat as a Giroux replacement. Horvat is cousins with Koneckny and plays a Flyers style of game, would look great with Couturier as a 1-2 punch as both are two way Centers. I think we use Boeser to then find a Horvat replacement in the mold of a Newhook or Necas, speed and skill.

I swear this all makes sense in my head lol

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I’m putting some pieces together and I think I’ve figured out a trade we will end up making due to reports, Rumors and comments made by JR. New management has been on record saying they want and are going after a “stud Dman” in the mold of a Chychrun, this leads me to Philly. We have had scouts at their last two games and the GM/POHO know them well as they were in the same division as the Penguins. 
No question in my mind they are targeting Provorov as that stud Dman and we have the pieces to make it happen, but who would they want? I can see us trying for Boeser, but I think it ends up being Horvat as a Giroux replacement. Horvat is cousins with Koneckny and plays a Flyers style of game, would look great with Couturier as a 1-2 punch as both are two way Centers. I think we use Boeser to then find a Horvat replacement in the mold of a Newhook or Necas, speed and skill.

Giroux is a winger for Philadelphia and not a C (when everyone is healthy - Couturier had season ending surgery and Hayes is on IR).  Was moved to wing several seasons ago now.  He only takes draws just like Miller did for Pettersson on the Lotto line.  Flyers apparently have Konecny on the trade block.  

Can't imagine they are looking to trade Provorov.   They acquired Ellis to play with him but Ellis had a season ending injury 4 games into the season.

Edited by mll

12 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

I like the concept, and I would really like Provorov on the Canucks. I had the thought of Horvat going to PHI as well. They need real help at C. Does Provorov make sense though?  He's a LD, so would they use Hughes as a RD?

OEL - Myers

Provorov - Hughes

Also, can they afford him? He makes $6.750 for 3 more years.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

As for Boeser, I still think he's going to NJ, maybe for Zacha and Smith

Is Smith what we really need though?

Small left shot D man? He’s not gonna get any prime minutes with Hughes here.

Wouldn’t it make sense to just give Rathbone a shot?

We gotta get that big rugged right shot D man. It’s been a need for awhile now. Any trade involving any of our core needs that pieces as a return.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mll said:

Giroux is a winger for Philadelphia and not a C (when everyone is healthy - Couturier had season ending surgery and Hayes is on IR).  Was moved to wing several seasons ago now.  He only takes draws just like Miller did for Pettersson on the Lotto line.  Flyers apparently have Konecny on the trade block.  

Can't imagine they are looking to trade Provorov.   They acquired Ellis to play with him but Ellis had a season ending injury 4 games into the season.

Konecny would be an interesting fit for us maybe, cousin to Captain Bo...sign Domi in the off season and maybe that will be enough to keep Bo here long term at a good cap hit if we deal JT (don't think we will this TDL).

Canucks would have to add to Boeser to get Konecny one would assume, as he has a high QO and Konecny is signed for 5.5m...

Thoughts on a deal that might involve Boeser and Rathbone to Philly for Konecny?? Would probably need to have Boeser signed to an extension maybe?

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like the concept, and I would really like Provorov on the Canucks. I had the thought of Horvat going to PHI as well. They need real help at C. Does Provorov make sense though?  He's a LD, so would they use Hughes as a RD?

OEL - Myers

Provorov - Hughes

Also, can they afford him? He makes $6.750 for 3 more years.

We are after Chychrun, so I imagine Provorov is right up their alley. You have to imagine they were admiring him when he was in their division in Pittsburg. He’s the right age and pedigree. Hughes has already stated he’s comfortable on both sides, he says more offensive opportunities arise being on his off side. 

Edited by KyGuy123

18 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Well thank goodness you’re not evaluating for our trades if you think Zacha=Boeser+. Zacha is a bottom 6 Center that can’t win enough draws to stay at Center. Boeser in an off year is still paced to at least 50 points which is better than any of Zacha’s 7 NHL seasons. Sure the QO on Boeser is higher than you’d like but Boeser is still the more desired player between the two. Pretty sure NJ wants to trade Zacha right now because he is having his best year and will price himself out of what they’d want to pay for a 3rd line winger.

Yourw comparing a player who gets more prime opportunity to put up points vs one who plays lower down the depth chart.  Zacha was drafted 6th overall  is bigger, stronger and faster than boeser.  He can play all 3 forward positions.  The upside for zacha is high compared to brock who just gets slower and softer every yr.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Yourw comparing a player who gets more prime opportunity to put up points vs one who plays lower down the depth chart.  Zacha was drafted 6th overall  is bigger, stronger and faster than boeser.  He can play all 3 forward positions.  The upside for zacha is high compared to brock who just gets slower and softer every yr.

Zacha certainly has some upside.  But he didn’t blew past anyone on the depth charts as you say.  So as of right now…Boeser has more value than Zacha.

18 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Youre living in a fantasy world if you think Boeser is worth more than zacha.  We'd be the ones sweetening the deal if it were brock for zacha.

Ron Burgundy What GIF

Yikes.....Boeser is 100% worth more than Zacha, Boeser has literally outperformed Zacha in every single year of his NHL career and they are both 1st rounders similar in age...nothing at all on paper or otherwise suggests Zacha's value is higher, he's unperformed as a 6th overall pick, to put it lightly. Zacha has never cracked 35 points, Boeser has done that 5 years in a row lol.

Boeser - 241P in 303 Games, 0.79 PPG

Zacha - 169 P in 367 Games, 0.46 PPG

You're simply incorrect with that assessment

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Cheers 2