The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

17 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

These moves make us a bottom feeding team.

Zacha is not a good centre and this idea of putting players that are best suited in offensive roles in positions that require you to be good defensively doesn't work. 

Gaudette as our 3c is a perfect example.

Our 4th line is the best example of what a 4th line should be in regards to our team since 2011.

Why would you take a guy like Klimovich who isn't great defensively but has the potential to be a legit sniper and waste him on a checking line.

As for Brock the hyperbole around him is silly, he's put up 30 goal pace and 65+ points every single season but this one where he's still on pace for 26 goals without the benefit of being paired with a playmaker on his line. I get the fact he isn't playing up to QO but unless his agent is a complete moron or   Brock wants to get the hell out of here that will not be his AAV.

But even saying that one down half season doesn't erase the fact he's been producing at a top line winger for the previous 4 years.

Based on comparable deals he's easily worth 6+ on a long-term deal and him leaving creates a huge hole that we can't fill internally meaning we pray that we luck out and draft one with the picks he would get us which is doubtful and would be years away meaning we over-pay someone else to fill his loss.

All you guys advocating to move him seem to think 30+ goal scorers are easy and cheap to replace so you're idea is to move him for Zacha who is an inferior, wants to get paid and is a floater and a D prospect who plays the left-side when we have no need for one?

I'm all for change if it lines up with our current window which both Benning and JR feel is in the next 2 years so basically guys over the age of 24 is who we should be targeting. 

If we're honest with our team currently we have 2 forwards that can drive a line on their own, JT and Petey and 2 guys Brock and Garland who I consider high-end finishers and 2 young kids Hogs and Podz who aren't ready for the type of offense their roles they are being asked to do and 1 guy Horvat who is just to wildly inconsistent to be counted on as a guy that a team with cup aspirations uses as a 2C, he would be the perfect guy to have as a 3c.

But back to Brock, every team would love to have a guy that is clearly capable of scoring 35+ goals if he is given a centre that can feed him the puck just like he's had with Petey and playing him with line-mates that are better scorers than passers isn't utilizing our easily best natural goal scorer.

We are 27th in GF it baffles me that people want to move him because of the fact he has a high QO he's in the same boat as Laine who gets crapped on because of his contract despite being one of the best pure scorers.

We need to get a better mix that's obvious but for me to accomplish that we should  be moving Dickenson, Pearson,  Myers or Poolman and Hamonic, personally the 2 latter over TM. And the wildcard would be Horvat if it was a genuine hockey trade, not for a tweener like Debrusk and a guy like Carlo who has  been so overhyped and is someone Bruins fan have started to sour on.

Sorry for the long post and not trying to be a dink, I just think the guys your targeting are downgrades and it would kill me to see us trade Brock only to watch him explode when he gets utilized properly.

It baffles me why Brock isn't with Petey based on the first 16 games of this season when both were slumping when we've seen how good those two are based on a much larger sample size.

There's a reason the devils have targeted him because they know him with Jack feeding him will be magic just like it was when he was next to a healthy confident Petey.

We are too soft with the players I’m speculating we trade.  They are a liability.

Time and money (too much) now and in the future is not going to change their game.

We have had Horvat for 8 years.. he is silent on the ice.

NOT Captain material .

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I just think if it goes to arbitration, thats the end of Brock's time here, most guys would want to go to free agency after that experience.

I'm hopeful an extension is possible, tho. 

Forget Brock, move him..  we risk valuable time trying to sort him out, with more potential for problems than a fix.

11 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

You are obsessed with Brock in a bad way. The guy next to a playmaker  centre has proven him as a guy that will score 30+ probably closer to 40 if he could stay healthy.

You are so far off at 4.5 million that it's obvious you just don't like the guy and have blinders on.

He's put up top line numbers every year except this one and surprise surprise this is the year he's not with a centre that can utilize his assets.

Take a look around the league and show me a guy with Brocks numbers at his age making 4.5 million. Give me a frigging break, this hyperbole surrounding him by some here is just silly.

Guys who can score like him are either drafted and developed or seriously expensive in UFA.

Who is going to replace his production? Even in his worst season he's still on pace for 26 and if he stays healthy my bet is he scores 30 this season. Lock him up for 6+ years at 6.5+ and put him back with Petey or get him a playmaker first type of guy.

You guys  seriously undervalue how hard it will be to replace the best pure sniper on the team.

If other teams see what you do then we will get a great return for our needs.

We don’t need Boeser.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Forget Brock, move him..  we risk valuable time trying to sort him out, with more potential for problems than a fix.

I don't think Rutherford is going to wait beyond the TDL. They should know pretty soon how far apart they are on a fair deal. Can't see this going into the offseason or to arb. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

You are obsessed with Brock in a bad way. The guy next to a playmaker  centre has proven him as a guy that will score 30+ probably closer to 40 if he could stay healthy.

You are so far off at 4.5 million that it's obvious you just don't like the guy and have blinders on.

He's put up top line numbers every year except this one and surprise surprise this is the year he's not with a centre that can utilize his assets.

Take a look around the league and show me a guy with Brocks numbers at his age making 4.5 million. Give me a frigging break, this hyperbole surrounding him by some here is just silly.

Guys who can score like him are either drafted and developed or seriously expensive in UFA.

Who is going to replace his production? Even in his worst season he's still on pace for 26 and if he stays healthy my bet is he scores 30 this season. Lock him up for 6+ years at 6.5+ and put him back with Petey or get him a playmaker first type of guy.

You guys  seriously undervalue how hard it will be to replace the best pure sniper on the team.

The issue with Brock isn't his numbers it is his play without the puck. I will not be surprised to see him go. 

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The issue with Brock isn't his numbers it is his play without the puck. I will not be surprised to see him go. 

I’m hopeful we can move Brock shortly and make our next deal with Tyler Motte far before he goes to UFA this Summer.

Edited by SilentSam

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Read an article on potential idea trading with PIT.  Insurance in case Rust or Rodrigues leaves as UFA.

Boeser for Kapanen + prospect (Nylander, etc)

Boeser for Kapanen Poulin, and Puustinen... I'd definitely think on it.

Edited by aGENT

43 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’m hopeful we can move Brock shortly and make our next deal with Tyler Motte far before he goes to UFA this Summer.

Boeser's elite skills (his shot) is harder to replace than Miller's overall game.  (Miller is a good player, but not elite at any one skill)  So we will keep Boeser and trade Miller.  That's how to build a winner.  We want guys who are elite, especially the big money makers and minute munchers.

25 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would for sure do that, but would Pit? that is a lot to give up for boesser?

Is it though? Kap's been struggling and doesn't have Boeser's ceiling. They'd definitely need to add, and more than just a token piece.

29 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Did you start the "Burrows, do we realy need him?" thread?

From 2017-present day Brock leads the team in goals, assists and points. We need to score goals to win games.

Perfect,  he and Bo can stay on the 4th line and really produce then.

They played against the Kracks 4th line last night,. Didn’t look good at all.. 

ghosts actually.    But maybe next game, and then next game,. And then

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Is it though? Kap's been struggling and doesn't have Boeser's ceiling. They'd definitely need to add, and more than just a token piece.

And you know JR is salivating over reuniting with Kapanen again.

Bye Tanner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Boeser's elite skills (his shot) is harder to replace than Miller's overall game.  (Miller is a good player, but not elite at any one skill)  So we will keep Boeser and trade Miller.  That's how to build a winner.  We want guys who are elite, especially the big money makers and minute munchers.

So very wrong.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Brocks 25 this is his cieling. Highly doubtful he's gonna emerge from his chrysalis. 

Not a fan of his compete level. He's 210lbs with as many hits this season as Schenn Miller combine for in a single game.

He doesn't engage in puck battles. He just skates around waiting for someone to put the puck on his stick. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Can we stop saying that?  He's had one year where he got 29 and it's been downhill since.  He is a 20-25 goal scorer, that's what he is.  If he actually scores 30, then we can call him a 30 goal scorer.

Lol exactly. For Brocks case its all "he wouldve done this, done that" "if he had a playmaker"" or "hes on pace for this " blah blah blah. He either did it or he didnt, fact is he doesnt have a 30 goal season under his belt. Good player, yes. Elite? Hardly

He might see his ceiling in another team who knows, im actually ok with keeping him if the offers arent up to snuff. But lets not kid ourselves that we are trading Brett Hull in his prime

• Vintage 2