The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Green to be Fired

Rate this topic

Me_

15 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

What I don’t understand is why it’s taken the Canucks so long and why Montréal was so quick to dismiss their GM and AGM. 

Apparently Montreal has less patience amd tolerance for failure and mediocrity 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Green’s conduct is fine, his time as a coach here is or should be at an end. 

I still think he should be manning up and taking some accountability for what's going on, since, he's obviously a huge part of the problem.  Throwing the guys under the bus after the Vegas game was simply disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Apparently Montreal has less patience amd tolerance for failure and mediocrity 

That’s good right? 

If we have more patience for failure and mediocrity that just isn’t acceptable. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Green’s conduct is fine, his time as a coach here is or should be at an end. 

Yeah. I don’t have an issue with Green personally. But I think his voice has gotten stale. I think if he lands somewhere else, I think he could be a really good coach and have tremendous success. But at least here in Van and with the Canucks, his time is just up. He’s become stale, and it’s time to move on. 

• Cheers 2

On 11/27/2021 at 8:29 AM, Devron44 said:

Is the defence the reason we can’t score?

in this recent skid we lost 1 game because Hughes took a dumb penalty late

and another when OEL took a dumb penalty late

oh but you were probably talking about the rest of the D

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Wright's playing himself out of the 1OA right now.  No point in trading up for him when there are several other guys who should be as good or better, especially Jiricek and Miroshnichenko.

Wright’s start to the season raises some serious questions indeed.

But I’m still very comfortable with what I’ve seem from him to assert that he would be a game changer for us.

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

What I don’t understand is why it’s taken the Canucks so long and why Montréal was so quick to dismiss their GM and AGM. 

Well you see Berg was gonna get fired awhile ago. But last season the off-season and season they had saved his job.

this year was it.

and our team has a much more complex ownership dynamic and different relationship with their GM.

That’s what I think 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Any minute now… right?

Post Game 41..

with a record of 6-33-2 heading into game 42 

the Canucks win miraculousy off an own goal late in the third period giving them win number 7!

the team dog piles like the won the Stanley cup! 

green puts his hand up high like he’s just won a championship boxing match and walks off into the tunnel.

Denies all media coverage and disappears. 

canuck nation unclear if he quit or was

fired and was never seen again in Vancouver or the NHL. This year destroyed his love for the game and he was done. But he walked away from the game with a W.

the end

ps the Canucks didn’t live happily ever after in fact they move down the draft and Boston who narrowly missed the playoffs wins the draft lottery thanks to Taylor Hall.

Merry Christmas. And Goodnight

Edited by R3aL
  • Haha 1

Maybe Aquaman will wait til next season to find a coach at this point. They hire multiple goofs as coaches and now they are taking their sweet time to find a replacement. The ownership, management and coaches are a bunch of clowns right now. If management doesnt care, then it shows why players wont care either.

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Post Game 41..

with a record of 6-33-2 heading into game 42 

the Canucks win miraculousy off an own goal late in the third period giving them win number 7!

the team dog piles like the won the Stanley cup! 

green puts his hand up high like he’s just won a championship boxing match and walks off into the tunnel.

Denies all media coverage and disappears. 

Green disappears into the wild of the Yukon, never ever seen again. Rumour has it he is a hermit in a far away cabin. Panning for scant gold in the Atlin River. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nergish said:

Wright’s start to the season raises some serious questions indeed.

But I’m still very comfortable with what I’ve seem from him to assert that he would be a game changer for us.

Don't worry, we are not getting 1st overall.

I'm sure there are good players to be had from 5th overall onwards.

You know there is a winning streak coming at the end of the season right?