Horvat's not going anywhere

Goals Prediction (2022/23)

Pettersson - 35

Boeser - 33

Horvat - 32

Miller - 30

Mikheyev - 25

Kuzmenko - 20

I think the Canucks are going to have a high powered offence this year. The D is a different story.

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Horvat's not going anywhere

Goals Prediction (2022/23)

Pettersson - 35

Boeser - 33

Horvat - 32

Miller - 30

Mikheyev - 25

Kuzmenko - 20

I think the Canucks are going to have a high powered offence this year. The D is a different story.

Garland's pretty much good for 20 as well, and if we trade him it's for a D so there's that. 

Podz and Hogz for depth scoring. That forward group is scary, young, fast, and tough on the boards.

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Garland's pretty much good for 20 as well, and if we trade him it's for a D so there's that. 

Podz and Hogz for depth scoring. That forward group is scary, young, fast, and tough on the boards.

Garland and Rathebone for Weegar and we would be looking pretty good. I know people love Rathebone but he’s a left D and because of that he’ll not see good minutes unless he plays his off side which isn’t ideal. Weegar is a right D who can play either side and he has a strong 2 way game with a physical edge, he’s the perfect partner for Hughes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

Garland and Rathebone for Weegar and we would be looking pretty good. I know people love Rathebone but he’s a left D and because of that he’ll not see good minutes unless he plays his off side which isn’t ideal. Weegar is a right D who can play either side and he has a strong 2 way game with a physical edge, he’s the perfect partner for Hughes.

I think you’d have to add to make that happen. 

3 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

Okay, they can have Poolman too /s…. But seriously I’d not have a problem adding a 3rd round pick of that moved the needle.

The way right D are coveted around the league i don’t think that gets it done. Assuming they wanted Garland, that pick is probably going to need to be a 1st…. Unless they reallllly like Rathbone. 

Edited by J-Dizzle

1 hour ago, Vanisleryan said:

That might for us but it likely wouldn't work for Florida, they're already pretty capped out and don't need another forward in Garland. Scoring wasn't their issue last season. If they move Weegar they'll need a replacement, Rathbone is unproven and doesn't move the needle enough on LD. Great prospect but not a sure thing. 

Would you trade a top 3D on one of last seasons best teams who put up 44 points in 82 games for Garland, Rathbone, and even a middling pick? I wouldn't. 

I don't think this brass would hesitate to move Bo if the offer is great and Miller extends. 

Why wouldn't they?

Highly loved players are traded now and again. It happens.

I think we should all expect that JR was serious regarding EP, QH, and Demko as the only 3 not to be considered.

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't think this brass would hesitate to move Bo if the offer is great and Miller extends. 

Why wouldn't they?

Highly loved players are traded now and again. It happens.

I think we should all expect that JR was serious regarding EP, QH, and Demko as the only 3 not to be considered.

Any player is available for the right price, that goes without saying.

JR/PA have only really spoken really highly of Horvat recently though and wanting him back. So I am less inclined to think that he’s someone they’d consider to move.

IMO he’s probably up there in terms of importance to them. 

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Any player is available for the right price, that goes without saying.

Well, sure. But they said those 3 are not on the table.

JR/PA have only really spoken really highly of Horvat recently though and wanting him back. So I am less inclined to think that he’s someone they’d consider to move.

They have spoke very highly of JT too but he is very discussed in trade speculation.

IMO he’s probably up there in terms of importance to them. 

But brass did not put him on the same level, so he is not as important as those 3 to them.

I don't want Miller or Bo to leave. But they are very comparable in value. JT is a better producer but is a bit older. Both are leaders, centres etc...

Just think that some teams may lean to Bo and would perhaps offer more...I wouldn't be surprised if this front office shocks the Nucks world with signing JT to an extension and moving Bo. 

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

They have spoke very highly of JT too but he is very discussed in trade speculation.

But brass did not put him on the same level, so he is not as important as those 3 to them.

I don't want Miller or Bo to leave. But they are very comparable in value. JT is a better producer but is a bit older. Both are leaders, centres etc...

Just think that some teams may lean to Bo and would perhaps offer more...I wouldn't be surprised if this front office shocks the Nucks world with signing JT to an extension and moving Bo. 

I think age and contract with Bo probably favours where we’re at more compared to Miller. 

I don’t think management wants to commit to the sort of contract demands Miller wants personally. Things can change but management seems kind of dead set on not caving in. 

I can’t see teams offering more for Bo than Miller personally. 

Management also seemed high and keen on getting Bo’s sticking around as much as the others. Media has even stated they haven’t heard anything to counter managements claims and said if they did they’d be all over it. So nothing we’ve heard has suggested otherwise. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

See below, seems unlikely. Talks with Bo, and the way negotiations have been spoken about, appear much more positive. 

It's telling when multiple members of top brass aren't just involved, but vocal about things in a positive light. I've yet to see this sort of reporting done on the negotiations with Miller. 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:13 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

On 7/6/2022 at 12:45 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

See below, seems unlikely. Talks with Bo, and the way negotiations have been spoken about, appear much more positive. 

It's telling when multiple members of top brass aren't just involved, but vocal about things in a positive light. I've yet to see this sort of reporting done on the negotiations with Miller. 

Thanks Nuts.

I hadn't seen these but saw the one about the org 'loving JT' in that thread so it got me thinking.

But you are right, these statements seem stronger regarding commitment than anything they have said about JT.

• Cheers 1

Rutherford on Donnie and Dhali show about 2 minutes ago:

"He is the captain of this team, This should be his team going forward,...hopefully we can get something done soon"

• Vintage 2

6 hours ago, Darius said:

Rutherford on Donnie and Dhali show about 2 minutes ago:

"He is the captain of this team, This should be his team going forward,...hopefully we can get something done soon"

But he's gonna be traded 

Wink wink nudge nudge 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Expected to sign before the season starts hmm

That would be great for the fans and the team.   Horvat signed before the season starts is smart.   It shows this teams direction .... as well as creating a domino effect in what to expect going forward.   6.5 x 8 is what i'm expecting..,

Edit:  After posting this did some googling and was a bit shocked to see what the Hockey Writers had to say about Horvats next deal.   7.85 x 8.   They listed Hertl and Schenn as his best comps (and here I thought Kevin Hayes was expensive lol!).     

Last year they said based Horvat outproduced his contract by one

million dollars.   But they by the year 2023-2024 he no longer would.    

Is it just me, or does this seem like a gross overpayment for a good second line C with leadership abilities?   Once we get to that dollar amount ... doesn't it make a bit more sense just to bite the bullet and sign Miller instead (the better player, at the same age too).... 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

That would be great for the fans and the team.   Horvat signed before the season starts is smart.   It shows this teams direction .... as well as creating a domino effect in what to expect going forward.   6.5 x 8 is what i'm expecting..,

Edit:  After posting this did some googling and was a bit shocked to see what the Hockey Writers had to say about Horvats next deal.   7.85 x 8.   They listed Hertl and Schenn as his best comps (and here I thought Kevin Hayes was expensive lol!).     

Last year they said based Horvat outproduced his contract by one

million dollars.   But they by the year 2023-2024 he no longer would.    

Is it just me, or does this seem like a gross overpayment for a good second line C with leadership abilities?   Once we get to that dollar amount ... doesn't it make a bit more sense just to bite the bullet and sign Miller instead (the better player, at the same age too).... 

Wait, what? How can they say Schenn is his best comparable and then say he should get 1.35M per year more than Schenn? That just doesn't make any sense.

I'm definitely with you on expecting closer to 6.5 x 8 (coincidentally Schenn's current deal).