The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

12 minutes ago, R3aL said:

If we trade Bo has to be a RHD or a C that’s younger but shows promise to be as effective as a player as Bo in their respected positions plus a pick. 

We can’t give a C entering their prime and not get a younger premium asset back (C/D)

I worry this management will trade Bo for yet another winger. They signed 2 in the off-season, use up our 1st rounder to draft another young winger, meanwhile we have only 1 young center in the organization after our NHLers and zero good young defencemen coming up...

I still think there's a world we can keep Bo and it'd be better than a world without him. We'd have to shed a lot of cap to keep him but that cost would be worth more than trading him and keeping the bad cap. Pearson has shown he's getting older and out-lived his contract, flip him to a contender. I think it's worth trading Garland or one of our 5M wingers for a pick or prospect just to keep Bo. Ideally we'd move Myers but then we'd need two top 4 defencemen and this management can't even get us 1 in a year.

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Signing Miller signaled that management made a huge judgment lapse as to how close this roster was to contending. Here's hoping the course correct.

Trading Miller and getting a top 3 pick makes us better while giving us cap flexibility.  A top prospect on an ELC that's an impact player for the future.  Allows us to be creative in clearing more cap while giving us assets and the space to make a move/s for a RHD we desperately need.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Why would you count that?

I noted it wasn't "real" but it was likely a consideration for why mgmt was willing to agree to a seven year deal at $8M.

Regardless, it was a mistake any way you look at it and they can't let another TDL pass by without collecting assets by trading any of the UFAs or 26 years or older players they can.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Petey Castiglione said:

Trading Miller and getting a top 3 pick makes us better while giving us cap flexibility.  A top prospect on an ELC that's an impact player for the future.  Allows us to be creative in clearing more cap while giving us assets and the space to make a move/s for a RHD we desperately need.

Sorry but we aren’t getting a top 3 pick for JTM.  He would be traded to a top team, so the pick would be late round.  Bottom 10 (20-30) 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

I noted it wasn't "real" but it was likely a consideration for why mgmt was willing to agree to a seven year deal at $8M.

Regardless, it was a mistake any way you look at it and they can't let another TDL pass by without collecting assets by trading any of the UFAs or 26 years or older players they can.

Tell our owner that.  

3 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I worry this management will trade Bo for yet another winger. They signed 2 in the off-season, use up our 1st rounder to draft another young winger, meanwhile we have only 1 young center in the organization after our NHLers and zero good young defencemen coming up...

I still think there's a world we can keep Bo and it'd be better than a world without him. We'd have to shed a lot of cap to keep him but that cost would be worth more than trading him and keeping the bad cap. Pearson has shown he's getting older and out-lived his contract, flip him to a contender. I think it's worth trading Garland or one of our 5M wingers for a pick or prospect just to keep Bo. Ideally we'd move Myers but then we'd need two top 4 defencemen and this management can't even get us 1 in a year.

If we traded Bo for a winger I would lose my mind even if it was Drake Batherson + we absolutely cannot trade one of our only true C for a winger.

I would lose complete faith in management and be a CANUCK KAREN  and write letter tooall the mangers to sn650, Canucks, aquaman etc.. EVERYONE getting a letter.

I agree and would keep BO over Miller if given a choice.

BUT

Hes at a crossroads in his career. And he not only would want to be paid what JT miller gets at minimum but in team pyramid it's pretty clear he deserves it more as of this sample size of this season right now.

Bo is a weird C though. FACE OFF ACE, historically pedestrian at 5v5 (I think he feasts on lighter matchups or lower quality teams 5v5), PP Goal Scorer, no PK Ace, and not a strong playmaker, and in Jr and in limited sample with us elevates / shows an extra gear during the playoffs

He could very well end the year 40-50 Goals with around 20ish assists. Would be the strangest stat line.

He could also really just want to win. And if we start retooling or rebuilding here or just a plan he cant buy into to show him hey we are gonna be a cup contender with you here in 1-3 years and this is how it could be hard for him to keep drinking that koolaid.

If I was him I would be ready for a change.

But cap wise. It should be a nonstarter 8 Million should be fine to Bo if we can pay Brock almost 7. Makes no sense if thats an issue.

But we absolutely cannot have both Bo and Miller its just no the right mix stylistically or financially if they truly believe Miller is a C.

If we keep one of them we need a more defensive 3C that is pref RHC, that kill penalties wins face-offs and.can also score 20 goals.

And I think we should continue to play them together to drive up there values and to trade both Miller and Horvat.

Have a change in leadership core and a little reset to the team.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sorry but we aren’t getting a top 3 pick for JTM.  He would be traded to a top team, so the pick would be late round.  Bottom 10 (20-30) 

I believe he's suggesting selling vets to ensure we continue to hover around the bottom of the standings, to collect said pick.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Drance saying Hughes is playing injured.  No “pop” in his stride.  Playing him with Myers v the LOSER LEAFS.  

If we move Bo it has to be for a proper partner for Hughes.

I've seen Hughes live only a handful of times, but he was noticeably less noticeable these past 2 games than I can recall. 

33 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Signing Miller signaled that management made a huge judgment lapse as to how close this roster was to contending. Here's hoping the course correct.

That's one opinion. 

Everyone and their dog, regardless of the Miller divide, has known we need to bolster the defense.

But this brass are crapping the bed. You dont go half way and thats where they sit.

Trading Bo or miller is a huge mistake. Either one gone leaves us depleted in the dot. We dont win faceoffs, we dont have the puck. Possession is very important. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Bo is a weird C though. FACE OFF ACE, historically pedestrian at 5v5 (I think he feasts on lighter matchups or lower quality teams 5v5), PP Goal Scorer,

12 goals

5 on the power play

2 short handed

5 regular strength

1 game winner

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's one opinion. 

Everyone and their dog, regardless of the Miller divide, has known we need to bolster the defense.

But this brass are crapping the bed. You dont go half way and thats where they sit.

Trading Bo or miller is a huge mistake. Either one gone leaves us depleted in the dot. We dont win faceoffs, we dont have the puck. Possession is very important. 

Ya it sure has made a difference in the amount of wins we have. So we just stick with the status quo and hope it get better?

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

12 goals

5 on the power play

2 short handed

5 regular strength

1 game winner

Ya this season has been his best for spreading the goals out.

But historically most of his goals come on the PP.

And not to take away from the shine but the short handed goals, 1 was with Petey and Petey made a great play to set it up with him. and the other end of game empty net.

Also regular season pts most of them have been against worse teams I believe (not 100% sure). I know the last two came against Ottawa and I thought that was his best 5 on 5 game maybe I have ever seen.

I was just saying the could have a funny stat line like this projected numbers right now are 70 goals and 23 assists.

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sorry Alf, I should've been more clear.  Trade Miller for what we can get and bottom out the season for a top 3 pick.  Hopefully clear more cap at the deadline/offseason and make moves for a RHD.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I've seen Hughes live only a handful of times, but he was noticeably less noticeable these past 2 games than I can recall. 

ITs been the whole season. I think the flu and injury to start the year has really messed him up and he's not 100%.

Feel like thats the excuse or underlying story to our entire team:

Hughes: Flu and broken Nose to start year

Mikehyev: Hurt Knee to start year

Dermott: Concussed

Myers: Cant remember injury but he came back early

Boeser: Hand Laceration

OEL: Fractured foot in offseason

Poolman: concussion

Demko: Offseason Surgery

Bear: Covid recovery and hasn't played much in a long time.

Lazar: Out

I mean injuries do effect people, they are human. Its hard to be at your best when you had a shortened or interrupted offseason training or training camp vs a team or players that didn't. Playing through injuries and pain is aa part of being professional athlete though and its haired not to think this amount of injuries could really be a difference maker in our teams composition and the fine margins of playing well for an entire 60 minutes.

Mikehyev has clearly been improving though game by game in my opinion and his speed more noticeable. So there clearly was a difference in play due to his injury.

I cant really remember how many successful seasons have started out the gate with that many injuries to a team. Maybe our guys are just soft. But even Bieksa commented on how his worst years as a Canuck were when he was playing though injuries and felt like the fans were super hard on him (I am paraphrasing) but ya its ought to perform when hurt.

I have dealt with some chronic injuries and its rough to be at your best when your body just ion cooperating or you are just unlucky.

I know we have more wrong with the team and it seems like a culture, compete and commitment to team system are big red flags.

But its frustrating when we can see flashes from the team of hoe great they Can be and how individually skilled os many of our players are.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, JCorgi37 said:

Here's a question for the Forum...Does anyone think Bo is going to sign for less than what Miller's extension was? 

No. I don't think so. No way. 

Miller can't even play centre. Bo's on record pace to score 40 goals probably? He's not going to keep up his pace to score 75 goals.