The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

6 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Yes but if we get this years cap on players then they become ufa we are done and get cap space if they are the Pearson type players.

That way come summer we have the money to get a couple ufa's.

That’s the only hope, I agree.  I don’t think they find a taker on Myers or Pearson though

44 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Because the Canucks blew it. They failed to give him a team worth being a captain of. 

He’s the Captain. Maybe he should start using some pull and show some passion instead of being passive aggressive and mute. Speak to management and make his feelings known about the types of players we need. Oh wait….he’s like the fifth best player on our team, of course the management isn’t going to build the team around him

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

from NHL.com:

image.png.c003095c0bb6fda11dc601ff006251e8.png

2009-10.

https://www.nhl.com/player/ryan-kesler-8470616

Kes' big year was his 41 goal year but he never exceeded 75 pts. 

As far as outlier years are concerned, I was thinking about Kes as a comparable for Bo's output this year. If Bo wants top line money based on his goal scoring for the last 1 1/2 years, then I think management is wise to be wary about handing it out. Bo is a good player and will be missed if dealt, but I don't think he's a top line play driver, just like Kes wasn't (although Kes was a better defensive player).  I'm sure Bo will be good whenever he goes, but probably ideally in a more supportive top 6 role in a deeper team.

20 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Well again if we trade a few higher paid players and get a good return for Bo and Brock we should have money to keep Kuz and find a center in the summer to play with Miller.

Maybe Johansson comes over and is a good fit with QH and we get one more rhd.

There are ways to make the team better just have to have other teams trading with us.

You are referring to Bedard, right? :bigblush:

Just now, EP Phone Home said:

Yup and that’s why I gladly filled out the customer satisfaction survey that the team sent to season ticket holders and wrote a very long and truthful explanation why I will not be reupping my tickets and that they should expect many others to voice the same. Congratulations Francisco, your team mandate, vision has made a toxic relationship with the fanbase and this team. Apathy is here to stay until we get what we want, what we deserve. A proper plan and constructed team!

Jesus, enough with the ridiculous ownership bullish!t

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, ey40 said:

Name one achievement he accomplished for the organization so we could appreciate him.

Naslund and Henrik would deliver when the team need them the most, can you say the same about Horvat? Besides that bubble Playoffs he is pretty much a non-factor in his career as a Canuck.

That's an unfair question. The team has sucked most years Bo has been here, but because of inept management and ownership, not because of Bo. Good teams draft well or find good wingers for a player like Bo. What have we done with anyone here since 2011? Pretty much F all. So that blame can be spread all over. To single out anyone player is ridiculous. Honestly, if I single out anyone, it's Aqua. Keep the F out of hockey opps. 

7 minutes ago, jyu said:

Bo has been casted as a defensive centerman but in truth, he is an offensive 2C.

He is a responsible player at both ends of the ice. But he has limitations at both ends of the ice, preventing him from becoming a first line center. He does not possess high end offensive skills, i.e., maintaining puck possession, cycling the puck, making plays, etc. Nor does he possess elite defensive skills like reading the play develop to cut the passing lane, blocking shots, creating turnovers, physicality along the boards, etc.

I see him as a better player than RNH but below Kadri. Considering that, the fair value for him is probably 6.5 mil. 

On this team, Brock Boeser, whose contribution is far below Horvat's, is making 6.6 mil. So the Horvat camp's starting point was probably around 7 mil. Whether we re-signed Miller or not, the negotiation wasn't going to end well with the two sides that far apart; re-signing Miller made things harder capwise but may have also caused some emotional damage.

I think the right team for Bo is a team that already has a dominant 1C, like Colorado. He could put up points on the PP while being freed up to score against secondary defenders. He could give you 70+ points under the right circumstances.

Finally! Someone with an accurate assessment on Bo. I tried to argue this when they were trying to sign Miller too. It was never going to work out having him here anymore with the personnel we have. Miller produces more as a #2 Center and well, lets face it, Petey is the most talented out of all of them. 

Miller is the lesser of the 2 evils in respect to who plays behind Petterson but he still doesn't carry enough defensive awareness to my liking. Many have pointed out his laziness which is detrimental to his defensive play. 

You are also right in that Boesers contract grossly over paid him which off set the contracts following him. He should never have been given that kind of money and I think it was based on what he MIGHT be able to produce. Its looking less and less likely at this point that he can produce at that level.

We are looking to fill holes in other areas then the center position so he should be moved to fill these or for picks.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

from NHL.com:

image.png.c003095c0bb6fda11dc601ff006251e8.png

2009-10.

https://www.nhl.com/player/ryan-kesler-8470616

Now I see it's PIMs.  Massive self-fail.  :picard:

Haha! 75 points is nothing to sneeze at though. And man, I didn't realize what an ironman he was. Hardly missed a game over all those years, which is really impressive considering how hard he played.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

He’s the Captain. Maybe he should start using some pull and show some passion instead of being passive aggressive and mute. Speak to management and make his feelings known about the types of players we need. Oh wait….he’s like the fifth best player on our team, of course the management isn’t going to build the team around him

How do you know if he did or not? Oh right, you don't. 

By the way, being the captain doesn't mean that you're the best player, it means that the team sees you as the leading voice in the room. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Jesus, enough with the ridiculous ownership bullish!t

Fair enough. You do you and enjoy this ridiculous way of running a hockey club. Because it’s been this way since he lost faith in MG in 2013. You are entitled to your opinion Stawns and I have mine. Agree to disagree

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1