The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

41 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

With the strong play of Beniers, Seattle CAN move Wright. Its a but unnerving for them to move on from a highly touted guy that dropped in the draft, then trade him so soon. 

He's gotta have some saltiness in his personality or something. I'm ok with that, I'd say Petey has a bit of that himself. As do a lot of highly competitive players. 

Getting Wright for Bo i'd do 1 for 1. It gives the Canucks some cap flexibility. Likely improves the lottery odds, and gives the Canucks fans a clear signal that they are going to rebuild. Landing Wright and if the Hockey Gods take pity on the downtrodden, getting Bedard is a very clear path to building something fantastic. 

Getting a mid level 1st and some 2nds this draft is imperative to hopefully get a shot at a D man like Strbak. 

I wouldn't do that 1-for-1, even if it's Wright.

Wright could bust, he wouldn't be the first top 5 pick to bust in the NHL. And 2023 draft happens to be full of centers. We could get a center at Wright's caliber in 2023 draft, whose timeline to make the NHL may be more or less similar as Wright's timeline to make the NHL.

I think whenever you trade an established veteran, you need to get quantity as well as quality back so as to increase the probability of the trade paying off. If you go 1-for-1, the risk is a bit too high that it fails and you get nothing out from the trade. 

I'd ask for at least a 1st round pick, a defenceman, and a forward/prospect from Bo trade.

If Seattle is willing to give us Wright, then the price could be lowered a bit to include a D man or a 1st rather than both pieces since Wright is a high end prospect.

1 minute ago, jyu said:

I wouldn't do that 1-for-1, even if it's Wright.

Wright could bust, he wouldn't be the first top 5 pick to bust in the NHL. And 2023 draft happens to be full of centers. We could get a center at Wright's caliber in 2023 draft, whose timeline to make the NHL may be more or less similar as Wright's timeline to make the NHL.

I think whenever you trade an established veteran, you need to get quantity as well as quality back so as to increase the probability of the trade paying off. If you go 1-for-1, the risk is a bit too high that it fails and you get nothing out from the trade. 

I'd ask for at least a 1st round pick, a defenceman, and a forward/prospect from Bo trade.

If Seattle is willing to give us Wright, then the price could be lowered a bit to include a D man or a 1st rather than both pieces since Wright is a high end prospect.

There is risk in every deal.

Schneider for Horvat for instance. 

57 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

With the strong play of Beniers, Seattle CAN move Wright. Its a but unnerving for them to move on from a highly touted guy that dropped in the draft, then trade him so soon. 

He's gotta have some saltiness in his personality or something. I'm ok with that, I'd say Petey has a bit of that himself. As do a lot of highly competitive players. 

Getting Wright for Bo i'd do 1 for 1. It gives the Canucks some cap flexibility. Likely improves the lottery odds, and gives the Canucks fans a clear signal that they are going to rebuild. Landing Wright and if the Hockey Gods take pity on the downtrodden, getting Bedard is a very clear path to building something fantastic. 

Getting a mid level 1st and some 2nds this draft is imperative to hopefully get a shot at a D man like Strbak. 

There's no way Seattle does that trade. We'd have to add Lekerimaki and maybe a 2nd+

They struck gold by getting Wright at #4. They aren't gonna give him up lightly. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

You’re correct, he overpaid aging players instead.

That is true, but we wouldn't have been wondering, if Bo was going to stay or not. 
Is 7x8 for Miller any better?

or Nearly 7 for 3 years for Brock much better... hmm at least its only 3 years for Brock before he can leave on a free...

20 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Bo is approaching 30 and is going to get a max contract. This devalues him a fair bit.

We would need to add to get Wright & maybe Laffrenier. Imagine we had these guys. And what we'd want for them. 

Wright would cost a lot.  Lafrenierre is appearing to be a bustaroo.  His value has dropped significantly.  

4 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

No he just let everyone walk while he was considering getting to working on contract offers for our teams starter, top defenseman and key players at the time.

The goalie situation has been debated into obliviousness... it was either Marky or Demko. 
As soon as Bubble Demko showed up, the problem arose. 
Prior to that, they may have held on to Marky and tried to sneak Demko through. 
Way too much crying (only my opinion) over the winger, and the fact that Tanev turned into iron man in Calgary, was not something anyone could foreseen.

the list of trade proposal including Tanev was endless as he was 'too old' and 'too injury prone'.... He was never properly replaced and that was/still is a major problem. He has still not been replaced...
It was disappointing to see Tanev and Marky go, but understandable. 
If anything, Benning should be held accountable for not knowing, that Demko was good enough to take over, and thus trade either Marky or Demko at TDL. 

For the record I was also annoyed to see Tanev go...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I think we are falling into that unrealistic expectations range again.

If you land Morrow, the right handed offensive dman to go with Kotkaniemi whom is still projecting to be a top six centre and say a 2nd or maybe a 2nd in 23' and a 2nd in 24' you probably take that for a rental do you not ?

Maybe if Horvat had a high cap hit or had some sort of NTC that handcuffs the team. He has a cheap cap hit and lots of teams are interested. Price goes up

Your proposal is fairly on par with what Giroux returned. Tippet 1st and a 3rd.

Giroux had all the power and would only agree to being traded to (2) teams and wasn’t having as good a season as Horvat 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, spook007 said:

The goalie situation has been debated into obliviousness... it was either Marky or Demko. 
As soon as Bubble Demko showed stood up, the problem arose. 
Prior to that, they may have held on to Marky and tried to sneak Demko through. 
Way too much crying (only my opinion) over the winger, and the fact that Demko turned into iron man in Calgary, was not simething anyone could forseen.

the list of trade proposal including Tanev was endless as he was 'too old' and 'too injury prone'.... He was never properly replaced and that was/stiil is a major problem. He has still not been replaced...
It was dissapointing to see Tanev and Marky go, but understandable. 
If anthing, Benning should be held accountable for not knowing, that Demko was good enough to take over, and thus trade either Marky or Demko at TDL. 

For the record I was also annoyed to see Tanev go...

Yeah, the goalie/ED situation was what it was. Who was management at the time doesn't really matter.

Tanev, was the biggest loss there and even then, I get with the age, injuries etc that there was certainly reason to move on there. The problem is that we never replaced him.

I more upset that they didn't move Virtanen that year while he still had some semblance of value. I would have added to him to get the also at the time, struggling "18 year old". Imagine how much better we'd look right now with Bennett at 3C....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

LA has always been the team I’ve hoped for . Turcotte would be the main piece and their 1st rd pick would actually be decent. Could potentially slip out of playoffs 

Edmonton I wonder about Broberg 

LA is deep in RHD, if there's a deal to be made it should include that piece +.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1