The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

46 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

Horvat with a contract in place and podkolzin and a first MIGHT get it done..lol boeser lol

lol so that'll leave us with no 2c and we already don't have a 3c and losing a top 6 winger. JR/PA betted on Miller to be the 1c so they could move horvat if needed.. well looks like they betted wrong and we have nothing worth while to trade for a rhd.. if u move horvat for RHD.. that leaves even more holes than before with missing a 1c or 2c whatever u wanna call horvat and a 3c.. unless miller magically starts playing like a center which if you watch all his games.. hes always playing near the wing.. and as a center.. your responsibility should be first forward back and last forward out of the defensive zone.. he's always been last forward back first forward out..

if horvat doesn't re-sign and is traded.. this team gotta look at asking miller to move and go on a full rebuild.. i've seen enough of Miller the past 3 season as a center to know he's not a real center.. with horvat gone this team doesnt even have 2 capable top 6 center.. and doesn't even have a center over 50% in the faceoff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol so that'll leave us with no 2c and we already don't have a 3c and losing a top 6 winger. JR/PA betted on Miller to be the 1c so they could move horvat if needed.. well looks like they betted wrong and we have nothing worth while to trade for a rhd.. if u move horvat for RHD.. that leaves even more holes than before with missing a 1c or 2c whatever u wanna call horvat and a 3c.. unless miller magically starts playing like a center which if you watch all his games.. hes always playing near the wing.. and as a center.. your responsibility should be first forward back and last forward out of the defensive zone.. he's always been last forward back first forward out..

if horvat doesn't re-sign and is traded.. this team gotta look at asking miller to move and go on a full rebuild.. i've seen enough of Miller the past 3 season as a center to know he's not a real center.. with horvat gone this team doesnt even have 2 capable top 6 center.. and doesn't even have a center over 50% in the faceoff. 

I agree that Bo needs to be resigned, given that it's now blatantly obvious that Miller cannot be relied upon to play centre. Petey I think moving forward is establishing himself as the No. 1 centre on the team, and Bo's a clear No. 2. Miller is either on the wing on Petey's line, or Bo's, but he's not playing centre on this team. He's lazy on defense, so no to playing him on centre. 

I thought before the season began that management had the upper hand, but now, Bo's camp clearly has the upper hand. If they trade Bo, they need to replace him, and a player of his calibre is going to cost just as much to keep, so why not sign the guy the team has drafted? If he's asking for 7M range, that's looking like a good deal. Sign him up, and get it done. December is just around the corner. 

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I agree that Bo needs to be resigned, given that it's now blatantly obvious that Miller cannot be relied upon to play centre. Petey I think moving forward is establishing himself as the No. 1 centre on the team, and Bo's a clear No. 2. Miller is either on the wing on Petey's line, or Bo's, but he's not playing centre on this team. He's lazy on defense, so no to playing him on centre. 

I thought before the season began that management had the upper hand, but now, Bo's camp clearly has the upper hand. If they trade Bo, they need to replace him, and a player of his calibre is going to cost just as much to keep, so why not sign the guy the team has drafted? If he's asking for 7M range, that's looking like a good deal. Sign him up, and get it done. December is just around the corner. 

problem is given how bad this team looks at time.. and the great start horvat is off to.. would he even agree to 7M anymore.. it would have been a no brainer back in the summer.. now i dunno anymore.. and given the rumor the cap is expected to go up 3-4mil next season. his agent might be telling him to wait as there's no rush to re-sign as based on his play so far this season mind you very small sample size his value have only gone up and not down.

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

problem is given how bad this team looks at time.. and the great start horvat is off to.. would he even agree to 7M anymore.. it would have been a no brainer back in the summer.. now i dunno anymore.. and given the rumor the cap is expected to go up 3-4mil next season. his agent might be telling him to wait as there's no rush to re-sign as based on his play so far this season mind you very small sample size his value have only gone up and not down.

Then we have trade Bo or trade Miller.  Can’t afford both and fix the other holes. 

30 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Would like to know where this rumour is coming from?  After two years of covid, the league was very clear on how long it would take to be made whole again.   Now it looks like they might role it back one year.   Which means we only have this season and the following one with flat cap (expect for one million added).   Even last year fans and crowd sizes were limited.   Despite that they had record sales, in part thanks to adding another team.  That for sure mitigated things to a degree, which is why they've been hinting only one more year after this one, not two.    League would have to make an extra billion or so ... 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Would like to know where this rumour is coming from?  After two years of covid, the league was very clear on how long it would take to be made whole again.   Now it looks like they might role it back one year.   Which means we only have this season and the following one with flat cap (expect for one million added).   Even last year fans and crowd sizes were limited.   Despite that they had record sales, in part thanks to adding another team.  That for sure mitigated things to a degree, which is why they've been hinting only one more year after this one, not two.    League would have to make an extra billion or so ... 

bettman himself couple weeks ago? he literally said there's a good chance the players could finish off paying off the escrow this season well ahead of schedule and the cap could go up 4mil or more.. because of that horvat's agent might be wise to advise horvat to hold off on any extension.

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Then we have trade Bo or trade Miller.  Can’t afford both and fix the other holes. 

if u trade bo u have to trade miller too and prolly go straight into a rebuild.. there's simply 0 chance this team will be competitive enough during whatever's left of Miller's prime if you move bo and leave a gapping hole down the middle.. move bo.. you don't have a 2c.. with EP as your 1c and miller on the wing.. u don't have a 3c either.. and of coz they can keep both.. they just have to figure out how to move out the last year of pearson move poolman or figure out how to move one of boeser/garland.

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Thanks 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

bettman himself couple weeks ago? he literally said there's a good chance the players could finish off paying off the escrow this season well ahead of schedule and the cap could go up 4mil or more.. because of that horvat's agent might be wise to advise horvat to hold off on any extension.

if u trade bo u have to trade miller too and prolly go straight into a rebuild.. there's simply 0 chance this team will be competitive enough during whatever's left of Miller's prime if you move bo and leave a gapping hole down the middle.. move bo.. you don't have a 2c.. with EP as your 1c and miller on the wing.. u don't have a 3c either.. and of coz they can keep both.. they just have to figure out how to move out the last year of pearson move poolman or figure out how to move one of boeser/garland.

Yeah, if we trade Bo, Studnicka is our second line centre, Aman third and Maybe Dries is fourth. That is very young and particularly terrible. 
‘Money needs to come off the wing not off the centre of the ice Boesser, Garland, Pearson more likely unless Bo’s contract demands go crazy.  Need to clear one of the big contacts off D as well but not going to be able to move OEL. 

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Thanks! Ive been away for a couple weeks and only have so much time i can do hockey or i might lose my testicles lol... That would be amazing - it also makes more sense with some of the deals signed this summer.    GMs had to be aware of this possibility.   Did he make a statement? Bettman that is. 

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Thanks! Ive been away for a couple weeks and only have so much time i can do hockey or i might lose my testicles lol... That would be amazing - it also makes more sense with some of the deals signed this summer.    GMs had to be aware of this possibility.   Did he make a statement? Bettman that is. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-salary-cap-could-increase-by-at-least-4-million-in-2023-24/c-336522332 

consider they made more than half a billion more than what they were expecting i think it's reasonable to expect the same if not higher this season so good chance it'll go up, and for sure the following season

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Yeah, if we trade Bo, Studnicka is our second line centre, Aman third and Maybe Dries is fourth. That is very young and particularly terrible. 
‘Money needs to come off the wing not off the centre of the ice Boesser, Garland, Pearson more likely unless Bo’s contract demands go crazy.  Need to clear one of the big contacts off D as well but not going to be able to move OEL. 

i'm not sure if we can move boeser at this point without retaining or adding a sweetener.. it's probably something i don't want to see the team do.. so i prefer them trying to move pearson and offload poolman on ltir.. and if that doesn't work consider moving garland.. basically anything to make sure we dont have to add or retain.. moving garland would hurt a little.. but we are pretty deep on the wing and hopefully we can re-sign kuz to a reasonable number. although hoglander and podz production again this season is a little concerning.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Ok i found it - Oct 20th... Says they made 500 million more they projected last season.   In the early summer they reported that they made more then expected, but not the amount, and hinted that it would mean one less year of escrow payments...now they are saying that they will either be made whole or it will be very close (and that means two years ahead of schedule!).

They said IF they are made whole, that they would increase next years cap by 4-4.5, but if they don't then it will be the same as what they hinted at early this summer, one less year of escrow, one million added, then a significant increase the following season.   

Either way, it's very promising.   Already reduced by one year for sure.   Also hinted in the off-season when a lot of head scratching deals were been handed out, that cap would be going up at a rapid rate as soon as escrow/covid is paid up.   The NHL has already proved that even a global financial crisis doesn't affect it.    Us fans need our hockey no matter how bad things get lol.   

I'd bet that the GMs might vote for cap going up regardless if they make up lost cash...too many teams are going into next offseason with little or no flexibility.   If they made 500 million more last season, i'm sure they will do it again this year - that's their billion right there.  Going up 4.5 would mean they expect around 290 million in growth again after this season.  50/50 split and all. 

Edited by IBatch

On 10/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, SilentSam said:

The sports media here should all go back to Toronto.

Yes, yes, yes.

Why are we saddled with reporters who don't even like the Canucks?

Jim Robson showed the world what great play-by-play is without bias while still a Canucks fan.

Shoulda cloned that guy.

I enjoyed myself Saturday night even though the Canucks did not play, because I didn't have to watch or listen to any of that crap HNIC production.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i'm not sure if we can move boeser at this point without retaining or adding a sweetener.. it's probably something i don't want to see the team do.. so i prefer them trying to move pearson and offload poolman on ltir.. and if that doesn't work consider moving garland.. basically anything to make sure we dont have to add or retain.. moving garland would hurt a little.. but we are pretty deep on the wing and hopefully we can re-sign kuz to a reasonable number. although hoglander and podz production again this season is a little concerning.

There will be teams that would take a gamble on Brock, it just means the return is cap space at this point, more then  anything else.   Reinhardt in Buffalo ... was heavily criticized and is a pretty good comp stats wise anyways.   He got a one year deal, then another 3 year deal which is pretty close to what Brocks got ... Was a total minus magnet, way beyond Brock, while in Buffalo.   It's pretty amazing what a change of scenery and what playing on a good team can do for a player. 

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ok i found it - Oct 20th... Says they made 500 million more they projected last season.   In the early summer they reported that they made more then expected, but not the amount, and hinted that it would mean one less year of escrow payments...now they are saying that they will either be made whole or it will be very close (and that means two years ahead of schedule!).

They said IF they are made whole, that they would increase next years cap by 4-4.5, but if they don't then it will be the same as what they hinted at early this summer, one less year of escrow, one million added, then a significant increase the following season.   

Either way, it's very promising.   Already reduced by one year for sure.   Also hinted in the off-season when a lot of head scratching deals were been handed out, that cap would be going up at a rapid rate as soon as escrow/covid is paid up.   The NHL has already proved that even a global financial crisis doesn't affect it.    Us fans need our hockey no matter how bad things get lol.   

I'd bet that the GMs might vote for cap going up regardless if they make up lost cash...too many teams are going into next offseason with little or no flexibility.   If they made 500 million more last season, i'm sure they will do it again this year - that's their billion right there.  Going up 4.5 would mean they expect around 290 million in growth again after this season.  50/50 split and all. 

If they are short by a little maybe they’ll increase the cap maybe not the full 4-4.5 but maybe 2.5-3 who knows.. but regardless this benefits Horvat not so much the team. He could easily hold out wait and see the cap situation and get a higher pay whether it’s Vancouver or elsewhere

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yes, yes, yes.

Why are we saddled with reporters who don't even like the Canucks?

Jim Robson showed the world what great play-by-play is without bias while still a Canucks fan.

Shoulda cloned that guy.

I enjoyed myself Saturday night even though the Canucks did not play, because I didn't have to watch or listen to any of that crap HNIC production.

In the 80's and early 90's, listening to games on the radio was pretty normal still.   The broadcasts were so good, we'd often watch the TV with the volume off and listen to the radio. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

There will be teams that would take a gamble on Brock, it just means the return is cap space at this point, more then  anything else.   Reinhardt in Buffalo ... was heavily criticized and is a pretty good comp stats wise anyways.   He got a one year deal, then another 3 year deal which is pretty close to what Brocks got ... Was a total minus magnet, way beyond Brock, while in Buffalo.   It's pretty amazing what a change of scenery and what playing on a good team can do for a player. 

Well Reinhardt actually earned his 3 year deal he signed. Not so much brock who’s been mediocre for a while now and when he signed his deal. No team is going to take a gamble on a 2+ year deal including the current year on a project hoping he can regain his form or they are f for years