The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

4 hours ago, The King of Kings said:

I really cannot think of any team who would want to pick up the multi year contracts of Miller and Boeser.

Unless the Canucks are willing to add draft picks again, or retain salaries.

We cannot afford to part with any of our 1sts just to get rid of contracts at this point. 

I can see someone taking on Miller. He's producing. What's he on pace for this year in terms of points? It's not what Bo's on pace for. 

Boeser if we trade, we wouldn't get much back for him. Management made a mistake in signing him to that 3 year deal. Thank God it's only three years, and not longer than that. I'm not sure if he can get a long term contract after this one given that he hasn't proved to stay healthy at all in his career. The man is Sami Salo resurrected. Made out of glass sadly. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

We cannot afford to part with any of our 1sts just to get rid of contracts at this point. 

I can see someone taking on Miller. He's producing. What's he on pace for this year in terms of points? It's not what Bo's on pace for. 

Boeser if we trade, we wouldn't get much back for him. Management made a mistake in signing him to that 3 year deal. Thank God it's only three years, and not longer than that. I'm not sure if he can get a long term contract after this one given that he hasn't proved to stay healthy at all in his career. The man is Sami Salo resurrected. Made out of glass sadly. 

I wouldn't give him that much credit as Salo was noticable every game he played.Brock not so much less he is on a good streak.

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Me too. He had a strong game tonight. 

Miller had 1 goal in an 8 goal game. Petey had 5 frickin points. You know who we need to absolutely keep? That number 40 dude...

Ya that number 40 dude ain’t staying once Horvat is moved. This team have so much holes as soon as Horvat is gone to be competitive while ep is still here with his rfa status. He’s going to leave as soon as he reaches ufa 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I think he already has to be honest. I'm preparing for him to leave Van....

I'm not hopeful that management can resign Bo to a value contract. And I don't see Bo wanting that badly to remain here. 

management already burnt all the bridges to get bo signed to something reasonable like 7mil. i really don't see bo signing for anything less than Miller at this rate.. JR/PA messed this up so badly i honestly don't see any other choice but to go on a full rebuild once horvat is traded or leaves.. if that does happen the management needs to go into a full on rebuilt right away.. and not waste another year or 2 trying to solve problems they keep on creating. once horvat is gone we are done to EP only as a center and Miller as a fringe center.. so literally our center is so weak there's really not a scenario i can not foresee the canucks being competitive enough the next 2 season.. ep's remaining rfa years.. aka he's going to be traded or tell the management he won't be signing past his rfa years. and we'll literally be stuck with a team with just miller hughes and oel. demko will probably have to be traded too so might as well get the party started early. if they are trading Bo.. do it sooner than later.. i want a chance at bedard not at a 15-16 overall pick thx.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Ya that number 40 dude ain’t staying once Horvat is moved. This team have so much holes as soon as Horvat is gone to be competitive while ep is still here with his rfa status. He’s going to leave as soon as he reaches ufa 

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

management already burnt all the bridges to get bo signed to something reasonable like 7mil. i really don't see bo signing for anything less than Miller at this rate.. JR/PA messed this up so badly i honestly don't see any other choice but to go on a full rebuild once horvat is traded or leaves.. if that does happen the management needs to go into a full on rebuilt right away.. and not waste another year or 2 trying to solve problems they keep on creating. once horvat is gone we are done to EP only as a center and Miller as a fringe center.. so literally our center is so weak there's really not a scenario i can not foresee the canucks being competitive enough the next 2 season.. ep's remaining rfa years.. aka he's going to be traded or tell the management he won't be signing past his rfa years. and we'll literally be stuck with a team with just miller hughes and oel. demko will probably have to be traded too so might as well get the party started early. if they are trading Bo.. do it sooner than later.. i want a chance at bedard not at a 15-16 overall pick thx.

I don't know I think there is a lot of speculation on your part on what sequence of events are going to happen with this team. I think the plan by management was to have most of the team in the 25-26 year old range. To me, that is some what of a plan and JR did say if this does not work out with these guys that he may have to change it up. 

I would think more of the lines that if we get to that point, anyone over 26 years old is fair game for a trade but that would still leave us with good bones to work with. This would include Petey and Kuzmenko, which are looking like where are future is heading to. 

To build around them as our top line and have Hughes and Demko, would be the common sense thing to do. There are a couple of others in that age range who may stick around as well.

I am thinking its going to take a lot of good management skills to get the team down to those bare bones levels though IMO.

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

All the more reason to trade like crazy at this TDL to remake this team and show EP the potential. Keep the under 25/26 year old players and Mikheyev.. By trading the rest, the team could hopefully re-set the culture and trajectory of this team so they show real potential over the next 2 to 3 years.

Bo for example is a good Canuck but has proven he can't create a winning culture - it is time to maximize his value while he is playing in a contract year - don't expect this same level of performance once he signs a $7.5+M x 8 deal. A new culture and new team leaders is/are needed:

Kuz EP Mikheyev

Xxx xxx Garland

Hogs xxx Podz

Joshua Aman Lazar

Hughes xxx

Xxx xxx

OEL Schenn

Demko/Martin

Extras:

Burroughs, Rathbone, etc.

Trade:

Bo: grade A D/center prospect, grade B+ young D/center roster player, 2023 1st and 3rd round pick

Miller: 2023 first round pick, solid young D/center roster player

Myers salary retained to help with 2023 bonus: Grade B+ prospect, 2023 2nd round pick (or whatever the team can get)

Boeser: 2023 2nd and 3rd round pick and hopefully a B+ prospect/young roster player (I am not optimistic on the return for Boeser)

Pearson/Stillman/Bear/Studnicka: upsell at the TDL and get whatever the team can get.

OEL likely can't be traded.

2023 Draft: draft defense and center prospects only (unless a can't miss winger is available).

Sign a top six center and/or top four d-man in free agency.

In short order this team could be in a very good position if the right moves are made. Mgmt really messed up at last year's TDL - they can't make the same mistake again.

Flame away but you know I'm right ;)

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno

50 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

All the more reason to trade like crazy at this TDL to remake this team and show EP the potential. Keep the under 25/26 year old players and Mikheyev.. By trading the rest, the team could hopefully re-set the culture and trajectory of this team so they show real potential over the next 2 to 3 years.

Bo for example is a good Canuck but has proven he can't create a winning culture - it is time to maximize his value while he is playing in a contract year - don't expect this same level of performance once he signs a $7.5+M x 8 deal. A new culture and new team leaders is/are needed:

Kuz EP Mikheyev

Xxx xxx Garland

Hogs xxx Podz

Joshua Aman Lazar

Hughes xxx

Xxx xxx

OEL Schenn

Demko/Martin

Extras:

Trade:

Bo: grade A D/center prospect, grade B+ young D/center roster player, 2023 1st and 3rd round pick

Myers salary retained to help with 2023 bonus: Grade B+ prospect, 2023 2nd round pick (or whatever the team can get)

Pearson/Stillman/Bear/Studnicka: upsell at the TDL and get whatever the team can get.

2023 Draft: draft defense and center prospects only (unless a can't miss winger is available).

In short order this team could be in a very good position if the right moves are made. Mgmt really messed up at last year's TDL - they can't make the same mistake again.

Doubt anyone is willing to offer this much for Miller unless he turns into vintage Miller again.

The 7x8M will be a tough one to swallow for a lot of teams. 

Myers could fetch a second or maybe even a first if a team challenging, looses a RHD leading up to TDL, especially if we retain.

Timing is everything.

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Doubt anyone is willing to offer this much for Miller unless he turns into vintage Miller again.

Myers could fetch a second or maybe even a first if a team challenging, looses a RHD leading up to TDL, especially if we retain.

Timing is everything.

I could see Boston biting given their long term C situation. Miller might provide a solution. 

Sure hasn’t started out this year as a C well though but can’t imagine he’s gonna stay wing all year. 

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I could see Boston biting given their long term C situation. Miller might provide a solution. 

Sure hasn’t started out this year as a C well though but can’t imagine he’s gonna stay wing all year. 

DeBrusk, Zacha, and a 1st? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Yep, but he definitely didn't enhance himself as a C to start the year, as you say... 7x8M is a lot of dough for player, who maybe can play C... 

It still looks to me, the plan had been laid ,to sacrifice Bo, and let Miller be our new C-man.

But the slow start to the season by Miller in the C position may have taken them all by surprise... and now they are struggling to stay the course...

Its a mess tbh... I have never supported a tank, but for the first time ever, will I not be disappointed if they do so.

1 hour ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Kuz EP Mikheyev

Xxx xxx Garland

Hogs xxx Podz

Joshua Aman Lazar

Hughes xxx

Xxx xxx

OEL Schenn

Demko/Martin

Extras:

Trade:

i think the only chance we have at keeping EP if we end up moving bo is winning the lottery lol. unless we win the bedard sweepstake i really don't see how we can convince EP there's a future with the current canucks in the next 3-5 years once bo is gone.

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

DeBrusk, Zacha, and a 1st? 

Debrusk playing pretty good atm. Zacha playin good too. 

It would be a good get if they were playing normally as they would. They overachieving so far. 

They might want to go all in this year. I’d take advantage of that with taking cap back. Adding Miller(retained on his deal before extension) and getting cap back would probably make them pretty inclined to give us quality and quantity in terms of young assets. 

36 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yep, but he definitely didn't enhance himself as a C to start the year, as you say... 7x8M is a lot of dough for player, who maybe can play C... 

It still looks to me, the plan had been laid ,to sacrifice Bo, and let Miller be our new C-man.

But the slow start to the season by Miller in the C position may have taken them all by surprise... and now they are struggling to stay the course...

Its a mess tbh... I have never supported a tank, but for the first time ever, will I not be disappointed if they do so.

We’re definitely at a crossroads as an organization. 

IMO this core has had enough chances. This is the best roster since the bubble playoffs. If they can’t turn it around I am all for a rebuild of sorts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Kuz EP Mikheyev

Xxx xxx Garland

Hogs xxx Podz

Joshua Aman Lazar

Hughes xxx

Xxx xxx

OEL Schenn

Demko/Martin

Extras:

Trade:

I like this however I think Bear is in the age category where he would be a serviceable dman down the road.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Should have traded Miller and signed Horvat in offseason. His agent is laughing right now watching the dollar amount go up. 

Meh, its pretty convenient to be padding the stats at the same time your contract is up. Besides, he is a streaky player and I believe the numbers will even out by the end of the season anyway.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Timing is everything.

I am not sure of that, he is having an off year so far and is still scoring at close to a point per game. Imagine if he was on his game right now.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Meh, its pretty convenient to be padding the stats at the same time your contract is up. Besides, he is a streaky player and I believe the numbers will even out by the end of the season anyway.

We dont have until the end of the season, a decision will be made by trade deadline. Pretty safe to say he will have back to back 30 goal seasons. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel