The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Despite what Dhaliwal says I seriously doubt Montréal has any interest in a Boeser for Monahan swap.  His info was based on a bubble offer.  Totally different management groups on both teams and Boeser has struggled mightily since then 

There is less than ZERO chance we would want Monahan.  Guy is done. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

so why would the 2 best teams in the league take away from their current roster when it's working to add players? boston literally have 0 need for Horvat this year.. is horvat going to play wing? or are you planning on bumping hall up to zacha spot while horvat push krejci down to play with nobody?.. horvat is a terrible fit in boston... krejci plays with pastrnak.. Horvat is not a good playmaker.. and he ain't taking bergeron's place.. so unless they plan on playing him on the wing.. or play 3rd line by himself with no capable wingers lol. 

and new jersey?? the 2nd best defensive team in the league right now going to trade away a top 4 defenceman for a 3rd line winger and a 7/8th defenceman?? 

none of those trade makes them better.. both makes them worse.. adding bo? great where's he playing? he ain't playing on pp1.. he ain't playing with pastrnak or marchand.. you think he'll continue to score at his pace playing with nobody?

Wasn’t intending to ruin your day over the proposal.  Just combined some of the fairly mainstream rumours together which would meet our needs well if they turned out.  Maybe Bo goes somewhere else that fits better but with the same type of pieces coming back.

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

Can’t wait to see the reaction on this board, when the return for Horvat is mid. Something like a young project (eg: Wahlstrom, Turcott, McMichaels, etc), a late first, and a roster player. 

People need to lower their expectations on the return. GMs around the league, knows that a rental player rarely works out (history has proven that), and they certainly won’t pay a premium price for a pending FA. 

Ehhh, I'm not as convinced. But I also believe that most teams who have interest in Horvat wouldn't be looking to acquire him as a rental. I'd be a bit surprised to see a team acquire him without having negotiated some sort of extension first. 

The Canucks can't play the Miller game this time around and not allow teams to talk to his camp because unlike Miller last season Horvat can actually walk for nothing. 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Any Bo trade will likely include a conditional pick (eg. a first round pick if he signs extension). What are some comps? Fiala got a prospect and a 1st.. you'd think Bo would be worth more.

You can’t have picks conditional on the player re-signing anymore . 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Ehhh, I'm not as convinced. But I also believe that most teams who have interest in Horvat wouldn't be looking to acquire him as a rental. I'd be a bit surprised to see a team acquire him without having negotiated some sort of extension first. 

The Canucks can't play the Miller game this time around and not allow teams to talk to his camp because unlike Miller last season Horvat can actually walk for nothing. 

Maybe so, but I look at the Stone trade in comparison to Horvat’s value.

It wasn’t a package that wow’ed you in any way for a guy that was probably one the best defensive forward in the league, and in hindsight looks very underwhelming now.

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

Maybe so, but I look at the Stone trade in comparison to Horvat’s value.

It wasn’t a package that wow’ed you in any way for a guy that was probably one the best defensive forward in the league, and in hindsight looks very underwhelming now.

That's a fair point, my counterpoint would be that despite being a fantastic defensive player Stone is still a winger though. Any team would love to have a Stone but he's not a top six center. There is a market for Horvat, if he were to walk to UFA he'd likely have Boston, Carolina, and Washington interested in him at the minimum. The other center in his age bracket who might make it to UFA is Larkin, Horvat could very well be the top center available. And I mean, Larkin is from Michigan, he could very well stay put. 

Horvat ticks a lot of boxes for any team looking for a top six center. 

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

That's a fair point, my counterpoint would be that despite being a fantastic defensive player Stone is still a winger though. Any team would love to have a Stone but he's not a top six center. There is a market for Horvat, if he were to walk to UFA he'd likely have Boston, Carolina, and Washington interested in him at the minimum. The other center in his age bracket who might make it to UFA is Larkin, Horvat could very well be the top center available. And I mean, Larkin is from Michigan, he could very well stay put. 

except for maybe the Canucks....

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

In Alf’s (drunken) opinion we will re-sign Bo before the coming TDL.  Garland and Boeser will be traded.  Garland as a full dumperoo.  Boeser will go for an equal cap hit that’s expiring June 2023.  

I'm not as convinced as you Alf. I think Bo's done here in Canuck colours. 

Next major contract that management absolutely needs to get done ASAP, is Petey. LOCK HIM UP

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Agreed 8x9 this summer for petey 

Give him whatever he wants if it means he stays for the rest of his career as a Canuck. 

Petey's going to be one of the all-time great Canucks. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

17 points in 25 games says he’s doing pretty well still. 

Considering how much hate Boeser receives something tells me those numbers are absolute garbage by CDC's lofty standards. Which reminds me of the time when kids needed to average 2 points a game in the AHL to be considered good. CDC really does churn out some gem takes when we really want to hate someone irrationally.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Boston and Carolina need to re-sign their own players, both have under 15 players signed for next season. In Boston’s case, I highly doubt they’d be willing to give up a roster who is signed long term (Carlo) for a player who might not re-sign with them. They also need to re-sign Pasta, which takes a good amount for their cap space for next season. Signing Horvat and Pasta, will give them very little wiggle room to fill up the rest of the roster. Neely also mentioned, if they aren’t able to re-sign Pasta, they’d be looking at a different direction. Possibly rebuilding. 

Carolina has Pacioretty’s and Staal’s off the books for next season, but in two years they will need to re-up a bunch of their core players. Necas, Aho, Pesce, and Tervo all need a new contracts. Plus, they don’t have a goalie signed after this season, which probably is going to be their top priority going into the summer. 

Washington will be a good fit, but what realistically do they have that we want? Their prospect pool is pretty bare as it is and as I mentioned, McMichaels and a late first would probably be the centrepiece; add in a cap dump like Eller. Is that a good enough package for Horvat?

Like I said, if Horvat does get traded. Don’t be surprised how little the value coming back, is going to be. 

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Considering how much hate Boeser receives something tells me those numbers are absolute garbage by CDC's lofty standards. Which reminds me of the time when kids needed to average 2 points a game in the AHL to be considered good. CDC really does churn out some gem takes when we really want to hate someone irrationally.

No one “hates” BB6.  He’s an awesome person.  He’s just an overweight hockey player who is a slugaroo on the ice.  Add to that he wants to move on, so let’s accommodate him.  The trouble is he has negative value.  So to move him we would need to take back an equally bad contract, retain on him, or add sugar.  Moving him makes no difference to us being craperolla though.

• Huggy Bear 2