The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

His mobility is definitely a big issue and he has foot speed. He has got to be injured and has probably been overplayed.

As for the giveaways, take your blinders off. No one likes to talk about QH, Bo or Petey giving the puck away but when Miller does it, haters like you zoom right in on that. Highly skilled players give the puck away, deal with it. Most times, they connect and unfortunately sometimes they miss. Did you know that the mighty Avs are the number one team for giveaways on the PP for most short handed goals? Explain that.

It's not just the fact it is a giveaway,  how the player reacts, the time of game, location on the ice, the score.

drop pass or blind pass on the PP is one that if not executed properly its an easy shirt handed breakaway.

When Petey or Hughes mess up, they recover the puck or ar back in proper position. 

miller has given up and sadly skates off the ice, causing a bad line change, adding to his turnover and the odd man rush for the other team...

We"ve all seen it many times, thats why its frustrating and fans become vocal.

Remember when KB3 used to pinch and always get caught?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Since you obviously have all the facts, how much money was Bo offered, was it fair value or was it a lowball offer?

Gut feeling that it was the latter.....

None of us know either way but the way this has dragged on does not look like he was enthusiastic in resigning. Maybe he thought he was worth way more but I am sure he was offered some kind of fair deal. If not at first, I am sure the last one had to be in the ball park. We won't know for sure until this plays out either way.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Since you obviously have all the facts, how much money was Bo offered, was it fair value or was it a lowball offer?

Gut feeling that it was the latter.....

How can there be a low ball offer?  

What is "fair value" - what the agents say or what he's really worth - cause face it, bang for buck, the Canucks are NOT worth the payroll.  

I'm guessing more than what he makes now but less than what he "could" get.  
Still makes him a "I care first about how much I make" type of player.

I hope we get a good defenseman in return.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

How can there be a low ball offer?  

What is "fair value" - what the agents say or what he's really worth - cause face it, bang for buck, the Canucks are NOT worth the payroll.  

I'm guessing more than what he makes now but less than what he "could" get.  
Still makes him a "I care first about how much I make" type of player.

I hope we get a good defenseman in return.  

I am guessing this and I am starting to wonder about the getting rid of the "Country Club" atmosphere now too. Maybe management seen him as the spokesperson for this group and decided to not offer him what he is asking. Either way, its probably better we move on from him then to cave for some outrageous contract demand. 

Maybe this is why Miller was signed and Bo wasn't too ? Makes you wonder.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I may get flamed for this, but I personally LOVE the Mikheyev contract and the player. He has so many unique traits that, in combination, are almost impossible to find. I think the Garland Contract is okay, but it is not great considering how ineffective he has been this season. Ekman-Larsson... I like him, but he is overpaid by about a mil. And Myers?? Womp womp. 

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That’s why I don’t believe it’s about money.

I have a feeling they made their decision about Bo in the summer. They wanted new leadership.

They could get rid of Myers if they really wanted. I don’t think they’re that motivated to re-sign Bo though. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

His mobility is definitely a big issue via foot speed. He has got to be injured and has probably been overplayed.

As for the giveaways, take your blinders off. No one likes to talk about QH, Bo or Petey giving the puck away but when Miller does it, haters like you zoom right in on that. Highly skilled players give the puck away, deal with it. Most times, they connect and unfortunately sometimes they miss. Did you know that the mighty Avs are the number one team for giveaways on the PP for most short handed goals? Explain that.

Quinn doesn’t bend over and stop skating when he gives the puck up, neither does anyone else but Miller. Miller has coughed up the puck bent over and stayed where he gave it up while the play went the other way then glided to the bench. Never seen any other Canuck do that even once let alone multiple times… 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

So who becomes captain? Petey or Miller.

Miller is not accountable enough and is too emotional.

Petey has enough responsibility on his shoulders. It would just become another Naslund situation where the burden is too much and eventually grinds him down.

So do we just leave no captain for years?

If they move Bo, I doubt Petey re-ups.  Same with Demko, Hughes etc.  Moving Bo signals tear down, imo 

1 minute ago, Petey Castiglione said:

If we go by media's recent track record, Horvat will be signed long term at a reasonable deal.  Here's hoping.

Lol no kidding.

Same thing happened with Miller. Like did management tell them this was their final offer? How do we know there’s not a counter offer pending?

• Cheers 1