The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

The eye test says otherwise. He gets a free pass from many fans for his passenger play, for some reason. Granted, he is a scoring machine and good at faceoffs, but he's not a defensive player and floats an awful lot like Miller does when the team doesn't have the puck.

I think fans put their blinders on when we talk about their favorite player. He played behind Hank so he was obviously better at defense but yeah he definitely is a floater. We had no one else so he was the guy by default for years. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Love Bo, but he is not a solid two way player.  He’s actually not that good at all defensively.  He’s good on faceoffs.  And he can score.  But for a 60 point centre he was offered a very fair contract.  It is sad, but BoHO looks to be GOHO. 

He finished 34th in Selke voting the year before last. He is a solid but not great 2 way player. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

Why?

He wants to play on a winning team. Why would he want to be here on a rebuilding team? He has already said he wants to win, and unless they pull off miracles that won't be the case here. 

I would love to be wrong

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We saw the havoc caused to the team because Gillis was stupid enough to retain on the Lu deal.  There is simply no excuse for creating dead cap; wait a season to acquire the player instead of sabotaging the future of the team.

Gillis knew we should do a proper rebuild, so holding dead cap is fine.  Our owner felt otherwise, and he’s been proven wrong.

There is no arguing Gillis was the GM who assembled the best clubs we’ve ever had.  And then our owner, in his foolishness, when told by Gillis we needed to rebuild (so the Luongo retention was moot) was fired.  The owner is th3 cause of ou4 current horrible team and terrible cap situation.  He is the guy setting the direction and pushing management unto making these “win now” at the expense of a better future moves.  

• There it is 1

39 minutes ago, jyu said:

McDavid is outscoring his own defensive woes.

Miller isn't. Miller's mistakes tend to come at a crucial moment, a sign that he isn't the guy you are going to win with.

Uh Miller was tho (+ 15 last year) and I’m confident he will again, what I’m saying is if that style of hockey is so highly praised should it not be an issue if he gets rolling again? 

Just now, NHL97OneTimer said:

image.png.e54f80e007d9f36349e5dcc7c5140b94.png

image.png.55f1195a69b7c4fd4c75301116ada97a.png

image.thumb.png.47731879d00a9070cbed807fe5b3cada.png

If we’re going down that path, we’d be better off waiting until the offseason (besides expiring contracts.).

That’s the point of a rebuild - take it slow and maximize assets.  

Guys will be worth more in the offseason when the cap goes up and teams get a little more room. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

If we’re going down that path, we’d be better off waiting until the offseason (besides expiring contracts.).

Guys will be worth more in the offseason when the cap goes up and teams get a little more room. 

Allvin has one more year, on his contract and where do you think his priorities will be: a contract for himself or doing a good move that will help the club longterm ?

• There it is 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He recently finished 34th in selke voting so solid 2 way player is suitable. 

Regardless the Bergeron quip is laughable considering when he retires you could make an arguement to call it the Bergeron Award… 

I'd bet he got votes based on his faceoffs. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Gillis knew we should do a proper rebuild, so holding dead cap is fine.  Our owner felt otherwise, and he’s been proven wrong.

There is no arguing Gillis was the GM who assembled the best clubs we’ve ever had.  And then our owner, in his foolishness, when told by Gillis we needed to rebuild (so the Luongo retention was moot) was fired.  The owner is th3 cause of ou4 current horrible team and terrible cap situation.  He is the guy setting the direction and pushing management unto making these “win now” at the expense of a better future moves.  

So you think our owner was stupid for not trusting an unqualified clown who couldn't draft, made a ton of terrible trades, and created a mess so bad that Bill Torrey couldn't fix it to do a rebuild?  Gillis should have been fired on the spot the minute he even suggested that Luongo trade.  A GM with a functioning brain would have just used the compliance buyout.  No more dead cap after this season; let's learn from mistakes.

Just now, Alflives said:

This is all moot anyway.  Our owner will not allow a key core piece to be traded.  Bo will get extended.  

Might be a case of Bo wanting out 

This is his chance to get a windfall and play for a winning team 

I think he wants to go elsewhere, in which case, he saves us from our ownership 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I have no problem with that.....but trading Bo will start setting this course for one, and two......we need a course charted at this point because right now we're doing circles.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Allvin has one more year, on his contract and where do you think his priorities will be: a contract for himself or doing a good move that will help the club longterm ?

If Allvin has the courage of Nonis and Gillis he will tell our owner to suck pucks and that he will not sacrifice the club’s future for short term (hopeful) and short lived improvement.  Or he’s Benning and will do the owner’s bidding, regardless of the damage it does.  

• There it is 2

12 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I wouldn't say he floats.  He's just not smart enough in the defensive end.  If he would block more shots, or uses his size more in the defensive end, it might be a different story.  I don't blame him for not blocking as many shots though, his last season ended while taking a shot in the foot.

He does, indeed, float. Pay attention only to him when he's on the ice. When the team doesn't have possession he's not hustling to engage defensively but rather playing disengaged until they get the puck back. If he and Miller and Brock played defence like Petey we'd be a playoff team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NHL97OneTimer said:

I have no problem with that.....but trading Bo will start setting this course for one, and two......we need a course charted at this point because right now we're doing circles.

Doing circles cause the FO, are also unsure about their future...  Hard to plan something, if one is unsure he/she will be staying 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1