The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Some Bruins fans saying they'd do DeBrusk + Carlo + 3rd for Horvat.

If we want to stay competitive this deal could work, but we'd take 8M in cap back and only lose 5M so would have to flip Boeser. I'd do Boeser for Monahan then, but we still need to free up cap, so maybe just flip Garland for a 2nd if we're lucky.

DeBrusk is having a hell of a season, 20 points in 26 games so we stay pretty competitive with these deals, and Monahan can play 3C but he's logging around 18-20 minutes a night with Montreal so maybe could play as 2C and Miller on the wing still. We basically just end up shuffling players around, age doesn't change too much and we snag a top physical shutdown RD to play with Hughes. Center gets weaker by a bit (Bo down to Monahan), wingers arguably trade-off or get better (DeBrusk for Boeser), we snag a 3rd and get a massive upgrade on the blueline.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:20 AM, Rush17 said:

an elite right handed D thats at a young age to play with quinn.... i'd consider that as a main piece back.

Conversation starts and ends with Carlo, there's a deal here to be made for sure. Some Bruins fans online saying they'd do DeBrusk + Carlo + 3rd for Horvat and to be honest I'd do that as well. We'd just need to source a center by trading one of Boeser or Garland but we get a replacement winger in DeBrusk and finally a solid defenceman.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, teepain said:

NYR and VAN

lets find a deal there

lol ship sailed long ago on the NYR the moment they signed trocheck they are out.. they have no cap space to re-sign horvat at his asking price.. and they still wouldn't give u schneider or horvat. they need all the cheap elc they can keep

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Yes, there is a reson they were put against the best and killed them off so it worked both ways.

Why would he throw Loui under the bus? 
Loui covered the defensive side.

Because its a lot of money for a defence only forward

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Conversation starts and ends with Carlo, there's a deal here to be made for sure. Some Bruins fans online saying they'd do DeBrusk + Carlo + 3rd for Horvat and to be honest I'd do that as well. We'd just need to source a center by trading one of Boeser or Garland but we get a replacement winger in DeBrusk and finally a solid defenceman.

lol we are still looking at a recipe for disaster.. Miller playing center again?? no one good enough to take faceoff consistently on the top 2 lines.. always starting without the puck.. if we are trading horvat.. i want a full rebuild and futures... carlo is nice.. but i don't see him fitting in the timeline.. he's 26 now.. the canucks are prolly 3-4 years away and we saw how quickly defenceman can decline when they approach 30.. i have no interest in trading horvat to boston when they main piece coming back will be at close to the end of his prime as a defenceman by the time this team maybe competitive.. if we are trading horvat.. the center piece coming back needs to be in the 22-24 range carlo imo don't fit the timeline.

• There it is 1

7 hours ago, mll said:

Dhaliwal/Drance speculate that Vancouver won't give his camp permission to talk extension and that he will be traded as a pure rental.  

This makes sense. Giving teams permission to talk extension has certain risks. For one, after finding out the price, they may lose interest altogether; one less buyer means less chance the price gets driven up. 

Sell Bo as a pure rental to the highest bidder. 

We will miss Bo because we are clearly worse off without him but the team has not been winning consistently with him as the leader and it's time we look for a new player and a new direction.

Per Frank Seravalli, there is at least one team in the NHL that is willing to give him $9M AAV in free agency.

The Canucks continue to embarrass themselves while mistreating their star players, the organizations CEO has reportedly refused to rebuild even though it seems as if they are in need of one if they would like any success within the coming years

The Canucks are a joke around the league.  Good job ruining this club on and off the ice  Francesco. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If you look at the main teams who want a piece of Bo, we have to take cap back, not just now but teams will surely need 8-9M next year to re-sign him.

Colorado could make it work but we'd have to take back Girard (fine with that but where does another LD play on our roster), Erik Johnson as a cap dump (could maybe net us some more picks/prospects) or a forward like Nichushkin or Lehkonen who gives them too much value so I doubt they move. Johnson's a solid RD, plays 3rd pairing minutes, contract expires next year, would be purely a cap dump for us to acquire more picks/youth if we want a rebuild, if we want a re-tool, go for Girard and a 1st if we're lucky. Problem with Colorado is they have MacKinnon's monster deal kicking in next year so take a 6M cap hit on that. They have 10M coming off the books, plus the 5-6M they trade away to us, to re-sign Bo for 8-9M, but then also they'll have to fit in some tertiary forwards and Newhook. Can certainly make it happen though.

Boston certainly has scope to re-sign him with pretty much all their forwards off the books next year, so we'd just have to take 5M in cap space back now. Carlo coming back at 4M would be nice, if we want a pure re-tool we do Carlo + Nosek + 2nd round pick?

I just don’t agree. 
We have zero reason to need to take back cap for Bo.    
He is cheap, and a huge positive asap.  
Teams wanting to resign him isn’t our problem.  

Now if we were taking about Boeser, yeah we need to take back cap.  
Him and his contract suck.  

8 hours ago, Slegr said:

It does feel like it’s Bo’s time to move on.  If he’s not willing to take a bit of a discount, he needs to be traded while he’s playing well.

He was overpaid early in his career by this team, and as captain, there needs to be some give and take.

Who is going to take all the faceoffs........probably the most important element in the game?

• Upvote 1

Horvat and Schenn to Carolina for Kotkaniemi, Scott Morrow and 1st round pick. 

Here me out. Kotkaniemi is 22 would slot in as second line center and be given chance to play with Miller/Boeser. He is overpaid at just under 5 mil / season but to make trade work would need to take money back. Worst case becomes Canuck overpaid third line center. 

Younger team, partner for Hughes, room to sign Kuzmenko and playmaker to play with Boeser. Also can potentially sweeten a Myers deal out of town using the Carolina 1st.

Mikheyev-Petterson-Kuzmenko

Miller-Kotkaniemi-Boeser

Garland-Studnicka-Podz

Lazar-Aman-Joshua

Hughes-Morrow

OEL-Myers

Dermot-Bear

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Carlo is too old........if Bo goes, it's pretty much a full rebuild 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I will be very unhappy if Bo is traded. I have been invested in Bo’s role for this team since his draft year. Big fan of his demeanour and his no nonsense attitude. The guy has been a consummate professional through the gong show years of the Canucks. He deserved a lot better here and got mediocrity back from this team. 

The inevitable question is will the Canucks get enough back in pure value?

in my books if van gets anything less than a package of : a current impact roster player on D, 1st round draft pick, 2nd round draft pick and A rated prospect this will be a complete disappointment for the future of this team and yet another example of the mismanagement of assets by this nhl franchise.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, stawns said:

Carlo is too old........if Bo goes, it's pretty much a full rebuild 

Exactly. Carlo would fill a hole on D, but no Bo creates a big hole at center. Return for Bo will be good. But not near enough to change anything on It's own, and it's really the only trade chip. Too many holes, not enough equity or internal talent to change anything. 

• There it is 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If BO refused 8x8, or even 7.5x8 then I have no problem trading him.  Not worth it on a team that has major holes.  If they get an offer for Miller they should trade him too.  I'd rather just tank and go for either Bedard or Fantilli.  Short term pain for long term gain.  The New Jersey model is what I want.  They had alot of pain but have the best young team in the league now.

At the current rate, we are ending up drafting #10-15 and holding onto Horvat/Miller. Just kidding, that was last season, and it was where I slammed the organization for being indecisive. (And people jump on me for saying this lol)

The time to make a decision is right now. This is decisiveness. Not wait it out until decisions are made for us or too late to make any decisions. 

Bite the bullet, trade Horvat for a haul (not Debrusk pls I have a feeling he will suck playing elsewhere)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

.if Bo goes, it's pretty much a full rebuild

I sure hope so..... build around Hughes and Petey and give them the support they need to flourish.

And the rebuild should start from the net out.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

If Bo goes, I think that's it for petey

So we overpay guys and continue along the owner’s direction of mediocre (at best) to satisfy Petey?  Seems more likely Petey demands out if we follow our current course of being a loser team with overpaid old guys. 

• Like 1