The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

15 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Maybe. He is also an old man. It’s all about legacy and producing another Cup. JR may not have time or patience to rebuild. We may all be looking at this wrong and JR might be the one blocking the tear down. 

It could be, but I question whether it's about legacy for JR.

He's got three cups, he's in the hockey hall of fame too ain't he? He's got nothing left to prove imo, his legacy is already set. 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Greed.

These power guys always want more,

IMHAO JR wants the big chair.  He loves having a high profile nhl job.  Our owner wouldn’t have hired JR without a guarantee the direction would be what the owner wants.  So JR has autonomy within the perimeters of the owners direction. NHL owners layers coming back in trades.  No steps back.  Try to compete now.  

Edited by Alflives

8 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Greed.

These power guys always want more,

Ehh maybe, I'm more inclined to believe he just wasn't ready to let go as he's been a hockey lifer 

He's been in the GM game long enough that he almost certainly doesn't need the money 

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

We may all be looking at this wrong and JR might be the one blocking the tear down. 

So we should've rebuilt for a decade and didn't,  then all of a sudden ownership decides to rebuild and hires a GM out of retirement, who then blocks the attempted rebuild. 

Suspicious Mr Johnson GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

Can you imagine if we make some hockey trades to clear cap, etc and don't get any extra 2023 first round picks back aside from our own #10-15 pick? I’ll be pulling what remains of my hair out. Ffs, this is the year to collect more 1st and 2nd round picks.

The good news is you won’t be able to see how bald you are? Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Muttley said:
The one that sparks some interest on this is the one that has the Canucks getting Seth Jarvis, Stefan Noesen, Scott Morrow + 2023 third.

I'd do BoHo for Jarvis/Morrow in a heartbeat if that was on the table.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'd love to get our hands on Seeley. I think he's got something special.

Ditto. LH'd but I'd love to snag him regardless, even if it means retaining on Horvat or adding Schenn or something.

3 hours ago, awalk said:

Horvat seems like a perfect Rob Brind'Amour player

Yup.  Like I said, I think they're a good fit for each other. Good for the player and team.

25 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Lol everyone salivatating at what Bo can bring.He brings more to the current roster than a trade imo but maybe we need to move in that direction just can’t help think that losing Bo equates to a Tanev situation.Lord knows we miss him at RHD

If he's not going to extend.....

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s your opinion, which you are (of course) entitled to but IMHAO JR is following the direction of our owner.  JR is an old boys club guy.  He will never challenge his owner.  He should.  But he won’t.  JR likes the big seat on an NHL club.  He’s selling his soul to have one here.  Very sad. 

Nah the owner would never challenge him, Jr would walk away in a heartbeat. 

2 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

Which ever team Bo gets traded to ima be cheering for them. 

That’s not a bad thing actuallly… back almost 20 years ago me and a buddy were partners in a Florida condo, went to all sorts of Panthers games back when they were a very crappy franchise. Tickets were cheap, food was cheap, flights were cheap lol and if I wasn’t married I bet the women are cheap too lol

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Not up to management.  Our owner is the guy setting the direction.

Not according to Shannon who says he knows Rutherford well.  Fwiw Burke earlier this season said Rutherford isn't built to rebuild - he's too impatient for that.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fanuck said:

So we should've rebuilt for a decade and didn't,  then all of a sudden ownership decides to rebuild and hires a GM out of retirement, who then blocks the attempted rebuild. 

Suspicious Mr Johnson GIF by ABC Network

it's just one screw up after another. 

52 minutes ago, mll said:

Not according to Shannon who says he knows Rutherford well.  Fwiw Burke earlier this season said Rutherford isn't built to rebuild - he's too impatient for that.

too impatient? seems like another Benning. I heard Benning say the same thing when he was here. 

Impatience usually leads to poor decisions. 

Isn't it said that patience is a virtue? 

6 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Can you imagine if we make some hockey trades to clear cap, etc and don't get any extra 2023 first round picks back aside from our own #10-15 pick? I’ll be pulling what remains of my hair out. Ffs, this is the year to collect more 1st and 2nd round picks.

thing is, based off of JR and Allvin's drafting, I wouldn't put a ton of confidence that they will draft well. I mean, the two greatest picks they made in Pitts was two generational, hall-of-famers - that's literally not hard to do. Who else did they draft that's produced for them? 

54 minutes ago, mll said:

Full control within the perimeters set by the owner, sure.  No rebuilding moves.  Been the direction set by this owner since he bought the club.  And we’ve heard many reports from other “insiders” that’s the case.  

• There it is 1