28 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Buffalo is an interesting spot because they have:

Cozens

Krebs

Savoie

Ostlund

Kulich

Wealth of C depth prospects.

Time for them to share some of that with us! Krebs is falling behind but has a ton of skill so very undervalued at the moment. Pair him with one of Ostlund or Kulich and I like that better than any of these other names that people are mentioning.

Edited by flickyoursedin

26 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

They've got to lock Petey up long term this summer. Get it out of the way early. 

Thoughts of where Bo could go (and who I'd like coming back+). I think he's headed east.

BOS - Lysell

BUF - Cozens or Kulich

DET - Kasper or Edvinsson (VAN isn't getting Seider)

CAR - Necas

CBJ - Johnson or Sillinger (VAN isn't getting Jiricek)

NYI - Raty or Wahlstrom or Bolduc (VAN isn't getting Dobson)

PIT - Joseph or Pickering

Really hoping JR/PA don't settle for a pile of scraps, just so they can get another A+ on their cap management.  The Canucks need more high end prospects/young players.

Bos and Lysell - we don’t need anymore small wingers.

Buff has a ton of assets (a lot of them centers too) they might want to buy and would be on board with them.

Det - not in a position to buy at the deadline and both those guys are probably untouchable with that team still not really making a push.

Car - can’t see them moving Necas now being the top scorer on their team, younger and cheaper than Horvat.

CBJ - Same as Detroit. Not in a position to use assets to get him but both might throw huge money at him in free agency.

NYI - prospects are lacking. Rather look somewhere else.

Pitts - I could see them being interested and Pickering is interesting if they’d move him in a package for a strict rental I’d like that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Past decade isn't really the responsibility of this management group. But believe me, I get it and there's still plenty to be critical of.

I was disappointed seeing us extend Miller to a retirement deal knowing the cap crunch that was coming and he didn't fit the timeline, not get assets for him, not extending Bo for cheaper in the summer, not pick up Marino for the equivalent of Rathbone and a 3rd with that cap space. All while not moving either Garland or Boeser, while also adding Mik and Kuz (both of whom I like) and doing next to nothing about the D until Bear (which while decent, is still a bit of a half measure).

Mik, Kuz and Bear are all decent additions, all in the right direction...but those needed to be followed up with other moves.... We're still waiting for those. 

well-waiting.gif

The thing that irks me about the Miller signing is that he could have put up another monster 99pt season this year and we you could justify the same contract. Here we are now with a shite team, Miller is producing at just under a ppg and is looking like he will be another overpaid 30 year old. The frustrating part is that so many fans saw this coming a mile away. We could have been in a position to sell both him and Bo OR trade whoever garnered the best deal for the club and sign the remaining player. Even if they chose to move forward with JT his play this year has not justified an 8x8 extension. There would have been flexibility with cap and asset management moving forward. The front office botched it.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

If we can get Romanov and Pageau for Bo that’s huge for us.  

I think that would be a good hockey trade,  Bo might bring a draft pick back as well.. but that might hinge on replacing Romanovs position ,. Perhaps include Rathbone,  and we get a 2nd rnd pick included?

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

That's an assumption, no different than people assuming JT would bolt instead of extending cause he's American.

Bo isn’t signing, his negging has gone on into almost half the season.  Management has to react to that by moving him , or lose him for nothing.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Bo isn’t signing, his negging has gone on into almost half the season.  Management has to react to that by moving him , or lose him for nothing.

That was said about Miller too. He’ll sign or be moved. But the decision is still another couple months away. 

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Nothing is going to happen until February, for the next month it will be back and forth posturing and if Canucks want to trade them I would assume no more offers or bargaining but I’m sure Bo’s camp will come back with a counter offer yet. I do agree though that ultimately they will trade him.

6 hours ago, Gurn said:

Firstly- what do you think is reasonable for Bo to sign?

2- I don't think Bo cares what we think is reasonable

3-Why does he have to comeback and prove something?

4 why does the team not sign him? are they being unreasonable?

5 If the team doesn't sign him- why is that not the teams fault?

6 Why should Bo do the 'team thing' when the team has show such disrespect; allegedly, with the  paycut proposal, and signing Miller first?

Why Would You Do That GIF by Quixy

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

nothing happening until at least January, but probably February. 

Chances of Bo resigning getting slimmer by every week that passes. Looks more and more like he'll be in a different uniform come the new year. 

The love-hate relationship with this team is real. And right now, I hate this team, from top to bottom (ownership on to management, to some of our players). 

We suck

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

14 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

They've got to lock Petey up long term this summer. Get it out of the way early. 

Thoughts of where Bo could go (and who I'd like coming back+). I think he's headed east.

BOS - Lysell

BUF - Cozens or Kulich

DET - Kasper or Edvinsson (VAN isn't getting Seider)

CAR - Necas

CBJ - Johnson or Sillinger (VAN isn't getting Jiricek)

NYI - Raty or Wahlstrom or Bolduc (VAN isn't getting Dobson)

PIT - Joseph or Pickering

Really hoping JR/PA don't settle for a pile of scraps, just so they can get another A+ on their cap management.  The Canucks need more high end prospects/young players.

Cozens is producing and younger, I don’t see Buffalo trading him for one year of Horvat. Same for Necas. 

Yzerman is methodical and patient. If he wants Bo, he will try to get him via UFA rather than giving up prospects and risk losing Bo to UFA. 

Columbus is far from the playoffs. They don’t have any incentives to lose a top prospect with draft pedigree for a pending UFA. 

NYI, Pit, and Bos are possibilities. 

Boston might consider it because this is probably “last dance” for their group. Getting Bo as their 3C and power play would increase their chances of winning the cup. I’d hate for Bo to go there but it seems very likely a destination. 

Pittsburgh already had 3 centers. Do they meed Bo? I don’t find their prospects sexy enough. How good are Joseph and Pickering?

Islanders, I feel like prefer Miller to up their offensive prosuction. Horvat scores goals but he is not a chance creator. 

I will add Colorado to the list. The defending cup champs are missing a 2C. They need a guy to replace Kadri. If they do, look for them to repeat. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jyu said:

Cozens is producing and younger, I don’t see Buffalo trading him for one year of Horvat. Same for Necas. 

Yzerman is methodical and patient. If he wants Bo, he will try to get him via UFA rather than giving up prospects and risk losing Bo to UFA. 

Columbus is far from the playoffs. They don’t have any incentives to lose a top prospect with draft pedigree for a pending UFA. 

NYI, Pit, and Bos are possibilities. 

Boston might consider it because this is probably “last dance” for their group. Getting Bo as their 3C and power play would increase their chances of winning the cup. I’d hate for Bo to go there but it seems very likely a destination. 

Pittsburgh already had 3 centers. Do they meed Bo? I don’t find their prospects sexy enough. How good are Joseph and Pickering?

Islanders, I feel like prefer Miller to up their offensive prosuction. Horvat scores goals but he is not a chance creator. 

I will add Colorado to the list. The defending cup champs are missing a 2C. They need a guy to replace Kadri. If they do, look for them to repeat. 

Does Colorado have any young players/prospects that serve us though? People keep throwing out girard but he is redundant with us having QH. 

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Does Colorado have any young players/prospects that serve us though? People keep throwing out girard but he is redundant with us having QH. 

Girard is tiny and terrible.

Avs have Byram and Newhook.  That’s who fit the direction of getting younger NHL players. 

18 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Yeah they had potential pieces like Barron etc last year I would have been interested in, but they already traded them. Don't see them giving up Byram and Girard is kind of a "meh" fit for us.

Far prefer a package from CAR like Morrow, Drury, their 1st, with Gardiner's expiring LTIR to help balance cap, and perhaps some mix of Seeley/Heimosalmi/Nikishin with retention on Horvat or adding Schenn etc

27 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I'd go after Byram.

OEL's skating has deteriorated so much, we are going need to replace him shortly. 

Concussion does scare me, so ideally we would need a 1st + a prospect on top of Byram. If we get him, we should afford him all the time in the world to recover from it and do not rush him back in the line up.

• Like 1