The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Dec. 01, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Ah Canucks doing everything wrong again.  Win 2 games to feel like we are a contender. Gonna finished bottom 10 again this year instead of tanking for a top 3 pick.

rinse and repeat. Fk this

Nah doing it wrong is when Canucks are already out of the playoff chase and start going on a run late March early April as what normally happens to this team :P

58 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

As I said earlier, the current 4th line of Motte/Chiasson/Dickenson is currently a writeoff.

Motte is a great player, but he can't make up for Dickinson wandering around the ice like some half deflated balloon and Chiasson doing next to nothing 5 on 5 except take bad penalties.

The fact Chiasson scored on the PP against Ottawa is not a recomendation, he was gifted that goal, anyone on the team could have put it in... and doesn't excuse his 4th line play.

The 4th line was the only Canucks line which Ottawa got any traction against, and it was scored on again.  Demko had to bail it out multiple times.

Management has decimated the resources it had in Abby by allowing them to be snapped up by other teams... but guys like Danila Klimovich should be given a chance to show what they can do.

He is a decent skater, with reasonable size, and could be a fit.  Justin Bailey should also be given another chance.

But what is really needed is for management to go shopping in Europe and find some free agents who could fit this role.

Right now the situation is horrible... other teams just feast on this line.  Maybe its just the coaching, but as it stands, this is the worst 4th line in 10 years.

the 4th line just needs Sutter, if he's ever back. Some combination of Sutter, Dickinson, and Highmore or Bailey would be decent

I haven't seen an NHL team play that bad since... 

Ottawa Senators played last season at the beginning of the season. 

An AHL team could have killed that team. That was pathetic hockey. 

But props to Vancouver for taking advantage! But my God nothing about that team looked in sync at all aside from ten minutes of hockey. 

Big win, loved what I saw from Miller, Hughes, Garland, Hoglander, Podkolzin, and OEL the usual suspects.  Thought that fourth line really started to show some chemistry and quick reads off one another.

In a game where the Canucks offensively took it to the Sens on the scoreboard, Petey and Boeser seemed very invisible tonight. Petey seems to be getting his groove back but Boeser is starting to stick out in not so good ways. He seems to do very little as a whole if he isn't providing offensive production.

Really question whether he is a long term fit here, he really seems to disappear every other year. 

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Tanking to a bottom 3 position would spoil so much of the talent that we have on this team.  

It would mean that Petey, Brock, Bo, Hoglander, Podz and Garland never get to clicking and playing well this year.  It's not worth changing your odds by a few percentage points.  

Worst team gets a significant chance at 1st overall, and then the odds plummet.  Ain't nobody beating Arizona to that worst overall this year.  

I would laugh so hard if Arizona doesn't even win the lottery. Justice. JUSTICE! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AC30 said:

Who is Tucker?

LOL at the guy with the "Extend Benning" sign. Must be a guy that Francesco paid to hold that sign up. 

So we win two games in a row, against two of the worse teams in the league. Can't criticize a win I suppose, even if it is against a bad team (I mean, we're bad too..sooooo). Momentum is momentum, and I guess we have some at this stage coming home. Could we make it 3 in a row? Who knows. The boys must be feeling a little better about themselves, since this is the first time they've actually won two games in a row (am I right or wrong?). 

Still doesn't change the fact that Benning and Weisbrod both need to go. Green probably also needs to still go, but their winning streak now just delays, what I think is eventually the inevitable. 

Anyone actually think the Canucks can get back to .500? 

• Like 1

The Canucks are about to do 1 of 2 things after these two bottom feed team wins. Build confidence from the 2 game streak and start to go on a tear or make these 2 games tiny blips in the never ending continual downward spiral of struggle this season. As much as I want Green gone, I hope it’s the former, because as a fan I just can’t stand watching my team lose. It sucks too much for everyone involved. On the 4th we’ll get our answer one way or another. Slightly hopeful this may be the turning point? Dangerous thinking for a Canucks fan, I know.

Also off topic, but if anyone is looking to donate in honor of indigenous appreciation night in Ottawa yesterday I myself have started to give monthly donations to True North Aid. They focus on indigenous people in northern communities including BC for specific needs unique to each tribe, who are often the most in need of help due to their remoteness. Last month they bought proper beds for people who’ve never had one in their lives before. Very transparent in what the money goes towards, which I also really appreciate. I won’t post a link to avoid getting in trouble, but it’s easy to look up for anyone who wants to. Feel free to join me in the month of giving!

Let’s go streaking! :towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Zhukini said:

Quinn Hughes took this game over. If it’s the last Signing/trade Benning makes it might be his best. He’s the best player on the team and that contract will be a steal for years to come.

Right now it certainly appears Hughes is Benning's best acquisition, but not his last.  Since the Hughes signing Benning traded for Lammikko and Juulsen and signed Alex Chiasson as a free agent.

14 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I'm not sure what the reasons are but fans who cheer to lose suck..

Maybe they didn't play spirt at a high level, or it's the thing to do I have no Fn clue.

If this team turns it around why the hell would someone still want the coach or gm to be fired?

I know guys like Horvat, Petey, Brock have struggled but it's not easy to draft that caliber of player and with guys like podz, Hogz Garland Hughes (best game I've seen in reg season by him) like you said why waste that with a tear down.

Everyone talks about TGs system but the team is tip 5 in offensive possession and top 5 GA 5on5.

If the guys struggling had even their worst shooting% prior to this season, we're right near the top of the pacific. 

Imagine if our pk of the last 8 games was that over the 24 games.

Unless people think 24 games trumps 2+ seasons I wouldn't start over it's ridiculous. 

It's quite simple to pinpoint the problem, 16 games 2 goals or less, they are better than that.

I’m going to disagree with you on whether Green should be fired if we go on a win streak. Barring a massive 10-15 game miracle stretch he’s used up all his chances as far as I’m concerned. He doesn’t adapt and makes dumb in-game decisions. The team he asked for left guys we could really use out to dry. Benning is the one I’m on the fence with who I could be convinced to keep if we go on a run with the players we have. Other then that I agree with everything else you said.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, tyhee said:

Right now it certainly appears Hughes is Benning's best acquisition, but not his last.  Since the Hughes signing Benning traded for Lammikko and Juulsen and signed Alex Chiasson as a free agent.

OJ has been on IR almost the whole time since being traded. What was he supposed to get for him. OJ is heading to Europe after this season

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

My take on the game (live).  Garland is obviously our best forward this year.  He's incredibly creative, and has the same motor Motte has - all out or nothing.    QHs is getting his Brian Campbell game on, as in a little D who can control the pace of a game....and produce even more.   Guys didn't turtle, giving credit where it is due, OTT doesn't play a meek game.   Miller's boss goal was just fun to watch.    Troops came out to play to start the first ... faded a little but after that it was mostly us playing against a much worse team.    Like watching an NHL team play an AHL team lol.    Didn't know Gaudettes number, but sure recognized that celly...and despite the way the game went, was still worried we'd blow it until the last minute or so lol.   

Overall a fun game, and a lot of Canucks fans we're there ... attendance haven't checked but seems maybe half full.    One beer, popcorn, water, coffee, parking > price of the ticket.   Also was directly above the cameraman who took a puck in the forehead .... bled all over the place for 7 minutes or so before the EMTs got him up the stairs.   We gave him an ovation....and what the heck did Garland say to the OTT bench, one of their players was leaning over giving our bench the sh!t for a good couple of minutes.     Glad we won, and very happy for the players.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1