The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Dec. 01, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

My wife said:" Our heroes won tonight, so stop complaining and enjoy it while it last"

So, win as a win, even it is against Ottawa. Let's forget about yesterday, let's not worry about tomorrow, let's live merrily till the end of today.

We'll have tons of time to complain about Green, JB and Co .

GCG!

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Our no name defense comes through, even Hughes was good on D. Hughes and Schenn know how to play off each other. Burr and Pool with some good play, OEL same old steady game. Ham will slot back in over Burr or Pool because Schenn adds much needed toughness, he challenged Tchuk early on, out muscled their two 6'4" forwards and took them to task. Schenn is our only answer to that fracas in our crease. 

Hamonic will add more strength too. 

Note: We need our trainers to outfit Poolman, Schenn, Myers, Dickinson, Burr, Dowling, and Motte with beefed up shin pads like Tanev got, for shot blocking. One thing we're missing on the pk. Our pk needs to sacrifice their bodies more on the pk. But they need added protection. 

Dude, theres only one burr.  Dont do that.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Sure enjoy it. It’s great but this organization standards are so low that fans are just ok when we get a win. You should want change to get things rolling. We are already behind teams who started their rebuilds after us. Two wins bother me because we have seen this story. It’s the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over (Benning being here) and expecting different results. As fans we should be holding the ownership to a higher standard. Sorry to be negative but I want a higher standard set for this organization. 

No GM has been more active the last 3 years, your " doing the same thing over " makes no sense.

You assume some new GM or coach will somehow break the slumps some of the young kids are going through I think they will do that on their own. Look at the Islanders, how gm and coach top 5 team the last 3 seasons are 5-10-2 , is that on Lou and Trotz?

Since the Hawks game the only game they deserved to lose was the Pitts game.

The simple fact is majority of our best payers are slumping bad at the same time and admittedly some truly awful PKing. 

If they turn a corner the next 10-15 games and climb the standings awesome for us if they don't I guess we find out if it's all on TG and not the players but I don't think it's the latter personally.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Imagine getting rolling and then getting a coaching change?

Could really springboard this team back into the mix.

We beat the only 2 teams in the league that suck worse than us this year.  
Let’s not get carried away and call this a roll.  

Also. We would have to play the best hockey in team history for the rest of the year to get ‘back in the mix’

We should keep our expectations ii the bottom of the barrel this year, because math says we will be disappointed.  

They might get out of this skid, but they aren’t keeping up.  

So in short, yeah. I’d still make the coaching change. 

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

My wife said:" Our heroes won tonight, so stop complaining and enjoy it while it last"

So, win as a win, even it is against Ottawa. Let's forget about yesterday, let's not worry about tomorrow, let's live merrily till the end of today.

GCG!

any wife who call our loveable friends 

"Our Heroes"

is a good wife

kudos to youdos

7 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

GCG!

A3CE07B4-D687-4E37-9DC3-E5EA5C92207B.gif

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Sure enjoy it. It’s great but this organization standards are so low that fans are just ok when we get a win.

I don't believe this. I mean, that might suffice for some odd few but most of the true fan base has been aching for a cup for some time, and for many, only the cup will ultimately do.

What most fans have with a couple of wins is hope. That's it.

Hope that the team might start playing to their potential. Hope that a couple of wins might give them confidence. Hope that the season might not be lost.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Playoffs folks? It would be one hell of a turnaround if Green is able to steer this team into the postseason after a horrific start to the year. I’ve always been a Green supporter but obviously not when this team performs poorly. What a night though. Huggy Bear with 4 apples. Miller registered a goal and 2 assists. Schenn scored his 1st as a Canuck. Many more to come. Pearson, Motte, Bo and Chiasson all got on the board too. Demko shut the door once more. Hope we keep it going! GCG!

The way things are trending now, looks like they would have to win about 70% of the remaining games. Without giving anyone there chancing a looser point as well. 

Hate to be negative but we will not do that. Not many teams past, present could sustain that for 3/4's of a season. 

They should just focus on keeping Demko's confidence up. Petty, Brock, Bo will get back to each other's individual levels no doubt. 

Hugh's is just special and will always thrive and figure out little lapses here and there on his own. 

Keep the rest in check, and come back stronger next year. New attitude, management and all. 

• RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

No GM has been more active the last 3 years, your " doing the same thing over " makes no sense.

You assume some new GM or coach will somehow break the slumps some of the young kids are going through I think they will do that on their own. Look at the Islanders, how gm and coach top 5 team the last 3 seasons are 5-10-2 , is that on Lou and Trotz?

Since the Hawks game the only game they deserved to lose was the Pitts game.

The simple fact is majority of our best payers are slumping bad at the same time and admittedly some truly awful PKing. 

If they turn a corner the next 10-15 games and climb the standings awesome for us if they don't I guess we find out if it's all on TG and not the players but I don't think it's the latter personally.

how many 3rd pairing defensemen has Jim acquired in the last 3 years?

that might be "Doing the same thing over"

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The forward corps needs some players like him. Oh wait…..

Dowling, Petan, Chiasson, Dickinson, Lamb, Highmore, on our bottom 6.

We could use some added muscle in those spots. We need a balance of skill and size, Hogs, Pods, Petie, Bo, Pears, Garland all have what we need in skill. 

We need role players to keep other teams honest. Schenn did that in spades tonight but we need that in our bottom 6. In our 3rd and 4th lines. 

With as hard a NOSE as Schenn. 

• Like 4