The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Ummm, no it's a private company and Luigi can do whatever he wants.  He's the majority shareholder.  Who exactly would be voting him out?  His own family members?  His brothers aren't involved with the team.  I know this for a fact.  They are involved with the other businesses Luigi has, not the hockey team.

His brothers have equal stakes in the team.

It doesn’t matter if they are involved in the day to day, they have just as much stake. 

The two brothers can remove him if they believe he is no longer fit to run the business.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Okay, I get everyone saying fire Benning and Greene, but when do the players have to be responsible for their own *&^* actions? Seriously 20 PP goals they've let in. When you know your PK sucks, stay out of the darn box. Those penalties tonight were disgusting. Just undisciplined and lazy and totally uncalled for. These are penalties they know not to take. 3 penalties in 2 minutes but yeah let's fire Benning.  The boys can't hit the broad side of a barn. Petterson has taken 61 shots towards the net this yet and hit the net 6 times. Hoaglander 59 shots only hit the net 8 times. Horvat 64 shots this year and only hit the net 10 times. Now I know a lot of these shots get blocked but my gosh these are bad stats and they need to hit the damn net and shoot! You can't win a game if you only take 15 shots on net. All I'm saying is this isn't Benning and Greene's fault, the players are lazy and responsible for their own game play and taking bad penalties. Boeser, Horvat, Petey, Hughes, Miller, these guys can score we know they can, but they aren't even hitting the net now. That's just sad. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

The Canucks were in this up until the penalties, 2 of them were unmistakable delay of game penalties though, it’s not as bad of a loss compared to the triple 7 goal against games but in the end it’s another loss

Outshot, out played. Score wise the Canucks were in it, but the Pens gained our zone and kept the puck there at will. Our team has no breakout, no transition, no hitting. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

8-15-2. 64% PK. 8 years of Benning blunders and poor management. It’s more than the game itself. Stop putting the blinders on. Somebody has to have high standards.

Yes boo the team off the ice because those players are responsible for the last 8 years. Who has to answer reporters' questions for those classless fans? Who has to hear those boos? Who has to come back to play in front of these fans on Monday?

2 minutes ago, dougieL said:

We got scored on twice on 5-on-3's. Surely fans in the building understand that it's not easy defending those. To boo the team, chant fire Benning, and throw a sweater on the ice is embarrassing and dumb. 

Aqua man's fault.  His impatience and inaction when clearly something needs to be done results in fans being frustrated.  Outside of not going to games and not buying merch what else can fans do to persuade a cheap owner.  The old boys club needs to stop and he needs to stop cutting corners.  

Fans were onboard with a rebuild but they chose a different direction to speed things up and that has blown up in their faces.  We are literally dead last, Arizona doesnt count and they can laugh at us having got out from a bad contract, for 1 year of useless plugs and got our first round pick out of it.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, dougieL said:

Yes boo the team off the ice because those players are responsible for the last 8 years. Who has to answer reporters' questions for those classless fans? Who has to hear those boos? Who has to come back to play in front of these fans on Monday?

Comes with making a lot of money and not performing. Easy solution for them. WIN!! 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Ya , weeks ago. I didn't even watch tonight. Apathy has set in personally.  Not interesting enough to follow anymore 

I can't do that. Win, lose, I know when the Canucks are playing and look forward to it. Brutal, I know. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Jt took two lazy trips to start the whole pk clown show? Then Myers closing hand and motte taking unnecessary roughing cross check when he could have easily just returned to the bench after the dump?

players deserves the booing as much as the coaches and management 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They’re booing management and ownership not the players necessarily.

Although with the lack of heart and determination they’ve shown they deserve some of it too.

And it wasn’t just about the 5 on 3 it was about the entire season and beyond that they’re booing.

Who hears the boos? Who sees the sweater on the ice? Who has to play again on Monday in front of fans who boo'd them off the ice two nights ago?

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

The Canucks were in this up until the penalties, 2 of them were unmistakable delay of game penalties though, it’s not as bad of a loss compared to the triple 7 goal against games but in the end it’s another loss

I thought we were playing hard 5 on 5 but the penalties killed us. Not disputing the calls except for the one on Motte.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, sassypantsonfire said:

Okay, I get everyone saying fire Benning and Greene, but when do the players have to be responsible for their own *&^* actions? Seriously 20 PP goals they've let in. When you know your PK sucks, stay out of the darn box. Those penalties tonight were disgusting. Just undisciplined and lazy and totally uncalled for. These are penalties they know not to take. 3 penalties in 2 minutes but yeah let's fire Benning.  The boys can't hit the broad side of a barn. Petterson has taken 61 shots towards the net this yet and hit the net 6 times. Hoaglander 59 shots only hit the net 8 times. Horvat 64 shots this year and only hit the net 10 times. Now I know a lot of these shots get blocked but my gosh these are bad stats and they need to hit the damn net and shoot! You can't win a game if you only take 15 shots on net. All I'm saying is this isn't Benning and Greene's fault, the players are lazy and responsible for their own game play and taking bad penalties. Boeser, Horvat, Petey, Hughes, Miller, these guys can score we know they can, but they aren't even hitting the net now. That's just sad. 

Don't forget their faceoff skills and spending 1/2 their shift trying to get it back before dumping it in and leaving for a change, hard to generate offense when you have no face off skills

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, sassypantsonfire said:

I had to give you a wat for bashing Hoglander. He's the least of our problems 

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

His brothers have equal stakes in the team.

It doesn’t matter if they are involved in the day to day, they have just as much stake. 

The two brothers can remove him if they believe he is no longer fit to run the business.

Well, they should’ve done it a long time ago, because it’s obvious to anyone who can see that he’s not fit to run the business. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Jt took two lazy trips to start the whole pk clown show? Then Myers closing hand and motte taking unnecessary roughing cross check when he could have easily just returned to the bench after the dump?

players deserves the booing as much as the coaches and management 

Nonsense. Watch both "penalties". Both pens players dropped like a sack of potatoes when they felt the stick grace their legs