The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

I’d do Petey and Brock straight up for Barzal right now. And if anyone thinks that’s crazy? Look at our record and look at their stats. Problem is Lou would want more 

I wouldn’t go both, but I’d be tempted at Pettersson + 1st pick that is not a top 10 overall for Barzal. He’s struggled this year too. 

1 minute ago, VforVasili said:

I’m not saying I agree with throwing sweaters on the ice, but if someone really wants to, I do have this Virtanen jersey in my closet that isn’t seeing a lot of use these days. 

People complaining about throwing a jersey on the ice…….I would say throwing a beer or garbage is way worse.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

You're right, they don't, and it's not fair. 

But the reality is that people are paying money to go to these games, and even now those tickets aren't all cheap. 

Is it fair that the players have to experience it? No, but the fanbase only has so many avenues of getting their voices heard and this was inevitable. Fans can't exactly make an appointment with the Aquilini's or management to voice their complaints. 

This season is ugly, fans are fed up, management would have to have been pretty naïve to have not seen this coming. 

Well I'd say the first step is don't go to games if you're dissatisfied.

I will still go because...(I'm stupid lol?).  I love this team and I feel for them as they're going through this crap.  I feel like they need new direction but who?  I'd get rid of the coaches first....I mean, changing Benning right now won't have an immediate impact.  His track record isn't great and he's put us in some tight spots, but we need something at ice level, on the bench.

The season is ugly but that stuff makes it even moreso.  Watching Demko on this interview just really reinforces how I feel.  Some of these guys are giving it their all and they deserve better (too).

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Brad Marchand said:

I hate that booing the team and throwing jerseys on the ice is the only way to get the attention of these morons.

The Aquilinis are ones who really deserve to face the heat, so of course they leave their players, coaches and management in the line of fire. Cowardly, but they've built their entire business careers on the backs of others, so who's actually surprised?

The players tonight absolutely did not deserve booing, but I will say that it's hard to discern who is booing who in an arena. Owners, staff, and players kinda get all lumped into one there.  

I was hoping for a &^@# Aquilini or &^@# the owners chant every game this season, but people aren't ready for that for some reason.