The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Wasn’t Scott Walker on the Canucks Scouting staff 2 seasons ago. I think I remember seeing him in the war room pre draft videos. Then he left for some reason.

Anywho this Coaching change was much needed. 

its a new Era now.

Go Canucks Go

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I think after a cool down period I think the Islanders may have interest. Their team would fair much better under greens systems. And he is an alum. No shame in assisting Trotz.

Green should have cut his teeth as an assistant coach in the NHL before becoming a head coach IMO.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Nice guy, bad coach.

Results speak for themselves. 3 playoff apperances out of 9 professional seasons (ahl and nhl).

Worst penalty kill in NHL history - and we certainly dont have the worst roster ever iced in nhl history. 

Bad systems including: a collapsing PK that doesnt pressure, 1 man zone entries that result in turnovers, perimeter shots only and praying for deflections, and a neverending line blender that ensures players have no chemistry or clue where each other are going to be on the ice.

Definitely too late to make the playoffs, but betting Boudreau gets a FAR better record than Green the remainder of this season, even with no player changes.

Chiasson on the 1st unit PP to start the season is grounds enough for firing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Erm, doubt it about Green. He has literally no track record with this team. Why do people just assume Green will get another job soon? He's proven nothing as a coach.

Dallas Eakins went back to coaching in the AHL for a few years after getting fired from the Oilers. 

Must have done some good for him as he's now back behind a NHL team's bench.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Wont change anything if the players play like they have been. 

Does Pettersson do anything anymore? Seems like Garland is the only one playing with any heart. 

Honestly i dont know. I dont get to watch games, but at this point i dont even watch highlights unless they win or maybe if its close. 

They rarely win, and they lose biiiiig so i cant remember the last time i got to....

Green was a bit reason for the top players struggling.  He destroyed their confidence, and then added in a bad system and terrible lineup selection.  Boudreau is the first NHL coach that our core have played under, I would expect improvement now that the cancer has been removed from the room.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Wasn’t Scott Walker on the Canucks Scouting staff 2 seasons ago. I think I remember seeing him in the war room pre draft videos. Then he left for some reason.

Anywho this Coaching change was much needed. 

its a new Era now.

Go Canucks Go

Yes, I think he was involved with scouting.

He's also part owner of Guelph Storm and was just hired in September as President of hockey ops.

• Cheers 1