The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Handing the other team the puck again and again and letting them attack was killing us.

We need to be carrying the puck much more and pushing the pace offensively. It will likely cost more rush chances back but at least we won’t be sitting back defending constantly.

Think about how the Blackhawks played in 2010. They gave up a ton on the rush but their transition game was deadly. They’d catch other teams up the ice and attack in numbers the other way. Exactly how we need to play.

That wasn't Boudreau in Minnesota.   They were a defence 1st team under Boudreau.  Might be because of the make-up of the team.  Their D was their strength.  Top guys like Parise, Koivu weren't comfortable carrying the puck either.  

7 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

I am very wary of Miller.  He puts up points but there is a reason two teams moved on from him before he became a canuck.  His style of “leadership” I don’t think resonates with most of the younger core.  I see a trade coming before seasons end.

I disagree. What kind of leadership do you want? Passive/aggressive? And if it doesn't "resonate" with the young bucks, too fricken bad. Give those whiney punks a good kick up the back side. This isn't daycare. Move on.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Asked to compare his Minny team to Ducks and Caps, he said they had little Smurfs.  Liked his discussion on what speed without size can do though.  

Great interview.  This is the guy this team needs.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, mll said:

That wasn't Boudreau in Minnesota.   They were a defence 1st team under Boudreau.  Might be because of the make-up of the team.  Their D was their strength.  Top guys like Parise, Koivu weren't comfortable carrying the puck either.  

Hiring Boudreau in Minny made as much sense as us hiring Torts.

Square pegs in a round hole.

2 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

The experiment in stoicism is over.

Hope they keep a defibrillator close by!

Man, you might be onto something. The players liked Travis initially because he is always straight - but the stoicism just became a front for not knowing what to say or do, and being outcoached every night.

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Perfect, a coach who can adapt his system to suit the players he has.

Asked to compare his Minny team to Ducks and Caps, he said they had little Smurfs.  Liked his discussion on what speed without size can do though.  

When asked about Canucks, he said he was watching the team, just in case someone calls. This was posted Nov 24.  

Im sold on BB. Definitely worth a try

1 minute ago, nergish said:

Man, you might be onto something. The players liked Travis initially because he is always straight - but the stoicism just became a front for not knowing what to say or do, and being outcoached every night.

You mean “move feet, move puck” isn’t a winning strategy??

I thought he was really onto something there. Was curious to see where that led.

When asked about Canucks, he said he was watching the team, just in case someone calls. This was posted Nov 24.  

What a great interview. He's a really likeable, self-aware guy with a very good track record. Man I'm pumped for the rest of this year, and especially next year when he gets a full season to work his magic!

• Like 1