The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

He wasn't the best fighter when he played for the Canucks.  He can teach the Canucks how to take punches.

Albeit this is a very different weight class. Walker was a courageous player though and didn't back down.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

I for one am kinda meh. on this. Boudreau may have some short term success but I don't think he is the right answer. 

I think it is needed to get Petterson, Boeser going.  Boudreau is one that I wanted to coach for the Canucks a few weeks ago  Great hire.   He knows how to get his stars going like he did for Ovie.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’m saying people would have bitched either way and that fans forced their hand on announcing a move early. We don’t even know that Benning isn’t out as well. Take a breath. 

I'm out of breath from fighting with a tidal wave of Benning Bros on CDC for 8 years.  That rat has sucked all the joy out of watching Canuck games for me.  But you may be right, sounds like he might be out.  :towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Don’t know he was a FA hire in the summer and rumours is interim I guess? 
i don’t know much about him except he was suppose to help Jb tire fire job of managing the cap. 

He's worked with the team for 9 years and was promoted almost 2 years ago.

Just now, CJ44 said:

I wish Green all the best, he deserved better but it's an unforgiving results oriented gig. He seems like a great person but It's tough to win when your top players refuse to produce and you don't have an NHL blue line past your top pair...Green will land on his feet and the work has now just begun. 

Yeah Green will coach again.  There's been a few coaches and assistant coaches of ours that have gone on to have success. 

4 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

I'm out of breath from fighting with a tidal wave of Benning Bros on CDC for 8 years.  That rat has sucked all the joy out of watching Canuck games for me.  But you may be right, sounds like he might be out.  :towel:

I think you might have to keep on sucking. 

Iirf is the only one that reports JB as out as GM

Edited by Hairy Kneel