The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

This is so huge. We have a guy coming in that runs an offence first system that our team should be running anyways due to personnel. 

Our defense won't improve anytime soon with only 2 legit NHL blueliners and the atrocious system Nolan Baumgartner implemented all these years.

For now, the only way we can have a fighting chance in every game is getting our offence (PP especially) clicking on all cylinders. I really hope Boudreau gives a new life to our forwards and freedom to maximize their potential.

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

I for one am kinda meh. on this. Boudreau may have some short term success but I don't think he is the right answer. 

I think this is exactly why he is the right choice. Will provide some entertainment and help the players get back on track. 

if he hasn’t hit a home run by the time the new GM and President come in, he will be gone also before long. 

14 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I'm not sure what to think. Coaching is such a touchy, feely issue .... far more than GM. I can see things improving and I can see things continue to sputter. Boudreau isn't bringing any top-4 Dmen on the plane with him. 

Yah we got a good top 4.  We just can't score any goals.  I don't know why everyone is always saying it's our D that's the issue this season.

11 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I think it's more likely Boudreau has a stroke watching the current versions Pete and Bess play. The roster is ripe for some serious ass-chewing. 

You're probably right, but it's going to be an ongoing process anyway

Changing the staff is great, unlearning bad habits and learning new systems and all that will be a work in progress

But better late than never 

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Green is a crappy coach, plain and simple. People can make excuses about the rosters he's been given. But guess what? Good coaches make full use of what they have. Green has been marginal.

I agree completely. A great coach will bring out the best. Obviously no one or nothing is perfect, but Green's well past his expiry date. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You're probably right, but it's going to be an ongoing process anyway

Changing the staff is great, unlearning bad habits and learning new systems and all that will be a work in progress

But better late than never 

If I was BB i would enter the room and say forget everything you were taught from that incompetent ahler coach. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Not sure what all the fuss is about, as Bourdreau hasn't exactly been known as a playoff winning coach.

We needed a change. We got a change.

Now we will see if anything changes.

Lets become a team that can win in the regular season first. Then we can worry about playoffs.

Boudreau was the best coach available for how our roster is currently built. He should at the very least spark our forwards. The D on the other hand will be a work in progress.

• Cheers 2