The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

This is excellent: The End of the 'Fun to Play Against' Canucks. 

(Loved him as a player, don't know much about him as a coach, but he doesn't put up with any B.S.)

man I sure hope so. 

It was interesting to hear Stan say basically what Bieksa has said for weeks about the team having no identity. If Bruce can solve that I'll be very happy.

I just love his answers and attitude. It might not make a major difference with the roster we have but at least we can expect a better post game show. If nothing changes then it is a definite sign it is the make up of the club. There are major holes on defense, third, and fourth lines. So I hope everyone understands that there is still a lot to fix.I am just happy we aren’t going to have Benning making bad trades with little in return and giving up too much for short periods of time.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

4 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

The way that Boudreau is telling everything like it is and revealing all his plans and outlook to the point is very refreshing. 

From the years with Green being so secretive and smug towards the fanbase I feel almost guilty or like we shouldn't be hearing these things because I've been so accustomed to not having any clarity as a fan. 

It feels great and I hope he really succeeds here. I'm sure the players also have some relief and rejuvenation. 

give it time. once the gotcha journalism begins and people start dissecting every single word, he'll stop giving us anything.

• Cheers 1