The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I just finished listening to the Aquilini and Smyl segment of the availability. Probably reading too far into this, but it sounds like Aquilini basically admitted he gave JB too long of a leash. Loved the whole interview, Smyl for POHO please. 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

I watched the press conference and it was refreshing to hear him talk about his plans and having a bunch of small goals to build on.

My favourite line from Green was “we talked about that a lot as a group”

Then the team steps on the ice and doesn’t display anything they “talked about”.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Could be really good.

Both sides get to see if it’s a fit. Leaves the door open for the new GM to go a different direction.

Keeps Boudreau motivated to prove himself. Even if it ends up being an audition for another team.

In a perfect scenario he fits here perfectly, they pick up the option and even extend him. If not there should be some quality coaches available in the summer.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

BB is going to have the Vancouver media eating out of his hand with his jovial, everyman nature.

Until they turn on him. Which they will. The Patterson’s and Sekeres’s of the world have a selection of very sharp knives in reserve.

Listening to BB, not anticipating much in the way of advanced systems going forward. :lol:

45 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

As long as BB can treat the media sours like he did in this locker room, I think we're in great shape, lol.  This is awesome.  This is exactly the kick in the ass that I was hoping the players would get.  Not gonna lie, I was hoping for AV back but now that I've seen this clip, I'm starting to get entertained again which is great.

• Vintage 1

We're basically out of the playoffs at this point, but I feel like he's going to make hockey fun to watch again

And you know what, at this point in the season that's good enough for me, just give me an honest effort every night and the chips will fall where they will 

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Wild Thing will be PK coach not PP. The guy you quoted is misinformed...

If you remember how he was as a player you'll know he will get instant respect in the locker room.. 

Rest of it remains to be seen how it goes.. but he's a guy players will listen to.. 

The question wasn't about Walker roll with the team, it was about what King would be doing.

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

Boudreau is so excited.. makes me excited.

Man that was a hell of an interview. His vibe is so infectious and so refreshing. I really like his theory of gaining 1 point a week gets them in the playoffs. I fully admit I wasn't on the fire TG thread but I can also admit to being wrong and I really hope I am.

• Cheers 1