The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

This is just to prevent a full on meltdown jersey toss $&!# show. It had to be done

I'm not against letting Travis go, and don't really have a firm opinion of Bruce B; however, imo, winning now is just going to screw up our pick slot.

• Wat 1

7 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Like old-fashioned and expired Claude Julien?

Like toxic and expired Mike Babcock?

Like Green-lite and OEL hater Rick Tocchet?

Boudreau worked with what he had in his past. He’s never had this young a team with this much upside and this much character and leadership. 

Pretty sure he coached the young Caps with Mike Green on d and Alex Semin and Backstrom and of course young OV.

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

A winning record and playoffs almost every year. Yeah I don’t like that sounds of that either 

Potato, Potawto.

Someone else might see a coach who had very strong teams that won regular season games but was unable to get those teams past one round.

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

Not a well timed move at all.

The Canucks are 7 points back of .500 and  12 points behind a play off spot. 57 games left to catch up.

They get a new coach 'bounce' and win a few more games, yay?

All they can do now is ruin a high draft pick opportunity, and wait for next year.

Hopefully some trades will be made to better next season's team.

If your going to post facts maybe post the correct ones? Nucks are 8 back of the playoffs, not a big difference but I can't stand you sooo.

• Haha 2

I look forward to the future playoff disappointment. But at least it's making future playoffs.

Too bad this hire wasn't made two weeks ago, while the season was still salvageable, but hopefully we get some good systems hockey now.

Very telling that Aqua fired Green before Benning...see if anything moves on that front.