The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Return of Edler and the Kings Vs Boudreau lead Canucks, Dec 6th 7pm pst

Rate this topic

86Viking

3 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Not sure about that Horvat played under Hunter in London

I want to see the old Horvat that would break a stick, beat up the competition, and slam the bench door once in awhile. Boudreau sounds he will want this as well

More emotion, less keeping calm at all costs under Greens suppression system

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

75% of the last 20 cup winners has 1 or more top 5 picks on the team and legit elite players.

Sure, but go back and look at any re draft.  In almost any year half of the top 10 was picked later.  Picking top 5 guarantees you nothing.

2018- Kotkaniemi and Hayton

2017-Nolan Patrick, Hischier 

2016-Joulevi:picard:

2015-Strome, Hanafin

2014-bennett, Dal Colle

Near 40% chance of picking a disappointment each year in the top 5.   Like I said, I'd far rather just have the team play good hockey.  Just for the hell of it, those teams could have picked these guys, who went 10-20:

2018-Bouchard, Dobson

2017-Necas, Suzuki

2016-McAvoy, Chychrun

2015- Barzal, Connor, Chabot

2014- Fiala, Larkin

18 minutes ago, fecklund said:

ah, Mike Patton. One of the absolute greatest musicians and composers of our century that not many people know about. 

Really?

FNM was one of the biggest bands in my time. Love that dude. 

Got to meet Mike a few times. My band once opened for Bungle.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So what happens when the new GM is hired and has a different idea of the coach they want? Will Frankie eat Boudreau's salary too? 

AV survived a GM change here.  I suspect any new GM would at least give Boudreau a chance given he is clearly a good fit for this group.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So what happens when the new GM is hired and has a different idea of the coach they want? Will Frankie eat Boudreau's salary too? 

Its the only thing that raises my eyebrows too Phil.

I like when the GM hires the staff, not the owners.

That said, looking forward to what BB has in store for us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

"We do have the core pieces here that we need to be a successful hockey team. I really believe in our group, I believe in our core players, I believe in our young guys, and I want to win here. I want to be a Canuck, I want to win here as a Canuck, and I really believe in our group. Just looking at management, they believe in us too," he said. "It's up to us now to go out there and prove what type of team we're going to be, our identity, and what we're establishing here going forward. It's really important. It starts now."

Bo Horvat

Wonderfully said by our captain. Really gets me excited again. 

GO NUCKS BABAY!!!

Edited by Nuckin Kingsly
  • Like 2
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

AV survived a GM change here.

That doesn't mean Boudreau will.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I suspect any new GM would at least give Boudreau a chance given he is clearly a good fit for this group.

Seems odd for an owner to hire a coach without ensuring that the potential GM would be in a agreement with the idea. I guess this does provide a lot more impetus regarding the fact that Francesco is a bit of a control freak. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Seems odd for an owner to hire a coach without ensuring that the potential GM would be in a agreement with the idea. I guess this does provide a lot more impetus regarding the fact that Francesco is a bit of a control freak. 

I don’t find it as odd considering it’s a deal for the rest of this year and then next year. That’s pretty much a minimum contract they give to any coach.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Its the only thing that raises my eyebrows too Phil.

I like when the GM hires the staff, not the owners.

That said, looking forward to what BB has in store for us. 

Boudreau is a seasoned coach which is nice. He may very well change the fortunes of the team, and all will be well. I just think it just proves peoples suspicions that Aquilini is a controlling owner.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is a Coach Miller will embrace,.  Horvat won’t be able to take the heat.

Interesting, you think maybe Boudreau will expect more leadership from Bo? 

D depth (from best to least best):

OEL

Hughes

Hamonic

Myers

Schenn

Burroughs

Rathbone

Poolman should not be in the lineup.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Still better than allowing Green to stay while the search is conducted.  At least this hire is qualified for the position, unlike the guys Benning chose.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I don’t find it as odd considering it’s a deal for the rest of this year and then next year. That’s pretty much a minimum contract they give to any coach.

Not to mention it is a Reasonably low salary.  

• Haha 1