The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks place Luke Schenn, Juho Lammikko on COVID-19 protocol, Both test Positive

Rate this topic

cuporbust

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Microbiology 201.  Vaccines don't act like a force field where the virus bounces away 2 metres from the innoculated.  They just give the body something to recognize as "hostile matter" so that when a real infection happens, the body responds and minimizes the possibility of mass production by either reducing the instances of virus latching onto a cell for replication, or attacking the virus before it latches onto a cell.  There will still be instances where the virus will succeed in latching onto a cell and convincing the cell to produce more copies of itself, but that should be greatly diminished compared to without vaccination.

So it doesn’t  prevent getting or transmitting COVID. 
Helluva product. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

57 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Well sad. I would only add to this that we also proceed by having people comfortable with immunization get vaccinated and people who aren’t find other means to say healthy with a strong immune system. This social divide Hass to end. We all have to come back together this is getting to be ridiculous.Well sad. I would only add to this that we also proceed by having people comfortable with immunization get vaccinated and people who aren’t find other means to say healthy with a strong immune system. This social divide Hass to end. We all have to come back together this is getting to be ridiculous.

The other thing is mental health has been completely ignored.

I don't know about other people but I've had really bad anxiety attacks the 2nd part of this year - to the point of feeling an existential crisis every day (at one point) - and its something I've never experienced in my life, nothing even close to it. And I'm someone who's tried to stay away from the hysteria of the daily news intake.

I'm sure there's many more people suffering, and the consequences of ignoring the mental health crisis may be extremely costly in the long-run. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Unknown at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just them

Or if the game was canceled

It would kind of suck to get your shot at the NHL and be brought up to a covid hot house

talk about your double edged sword

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The other thing is mental health has been completely ignored.

I don't know about other people but I've had really bad anxiety attacks the 2nd part of this year - to the point of feeling an existential crisis every day (at one point) - and its something I've never experienced in my life, nothing even close to it. And I'm someone who's tried to stay away from the hysteria of the daily news intake.

I'm sure there's many more people suffering, and the consequences of ignoring the mental health crisis may be extremely costly in the long-run. 

How do you figure that?  I see a ton of stuff on the toll this pandemic has had on mental health.  There's a lot of resources out there for people if they want them

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Me_ said:

Is Vancouver stupid or something? Why is this happening there and not even in American cities?

What the hell is wrong with the Canucks’ Covid protocols??? Are they not taking this seriously?

Am I a fan of a team full of losers? 

welcome to reality

I have felt this way for a lot longer than Covid

remember the Mumps?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Helluva product. 

Actually it is quite amazing. The mRNA vaccines effectively prevent symptoms, or at least serious symptoms.

I think the product you are looking for is head to toe shrink wrap. No vaccine could do what it does and if you want even more, try oubling up with duct tape around you facial orifices.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Actually it is quite amazing. The mRNA vaccines effectively prevent symptoms, or at least serious symptoms.

I think the product you are looking for is head to toe shrink wrap. No vaccine could do what it does and if you want even more, try oubling up with duct tape around you facial orifices.

I’m good. Thx 

3 hours ago, John_Guest said:

With any luck it's just Omicron.

At present it looks like Omicron is very contagious can't be stopped or slowed by vaccines, but not that harmful. The best way of dealing with it might be natural immunity.

So if it's Omicron and the science bears it out just let them play.

Measles Party!!

bring back the 50s!

35 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Helluva product. 

Condoms are roughly as good at doing their job as the vaccine. Oddly enough, I reckon it's the same group of idiots that would try to argue against condoms, as the covid vaccine.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Condoms are roughly as good at doing their job as the vaccine. Oddly enough, I reckon it's the same group of idiots that would try to argue against condoms, as the covid vaccine.

They should put that on the box!

Eaov2u.gif

• Haha 3