The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks place Luke Schenn, Juho Lammikko on COVID-19 protocol, Both test Positive

Rate this topic

cuporbust

4 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Condoms are roughly as good at doing their job as the vaccine. Oddly enough, I reckon it's the same group of idiots that would try to argue against condoms, as the covid vaccine.

I’ve never heard of anyone injecting a condom into their bloodstream.  Really intelligent generalization though.

• RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, bad alice french said:

Pathetic 

hey Bad Alice, have you joined the Control Group?

My buddy has, they gave him a card and everything.

It says right on the card, "must not be discriminated against"

it looks really official

you should get one

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Actually it is quite amazing. The mRNA vaccines effectively prevent symptoms, or at least serious symptoms.

I think the product you are looking for is head to toe shrink wrap. No vaccine could do what it does and if you want even more, try oubling up with duct tape around you facial orifices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

What can I say, conversations with antivaxers make everyone involved more stupid. 

The best are the folks that go on a full rant about it. 

it a government conspiracy( guy on internet said so) 

we don’t know whats in it

it’s poison

it’ll kill you

all while smoking a cigarette

those are my favourites.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, combover said:

The best are the folks that go on a full rant about it. 

it a government conspiracy( guy on internet said so) 

we don’t know whats in it

it’s poison

it’ll kill you

all while smoking a cigarette

those are my favourites.

The "I know better", all with a grade 9 education. Not ripping on those who didn't finish highschool, my dad didn't and he is a very intelligent man. Wouldn't take his advice on science though.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Antivaxers can't stand with the rest of us, they aren't allowed inside Rogers.

Yeah looks hilarious on television no one wearing masks all sitting around drinking beer screaming in peoples faces. And then people are wondering why these fully vaccinated hockey players are all getting infected. Blane the unvaxxed though.  Such a mystery.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

All of these guys are fully vaxxed. So what is going on with this covid $&!# ? 

If you test everyone vaccinated you will find positive cases. Same with polio vaccine, but we don't test THEM.  

The goal is to prevent disease. 

In case of nhl, they are trying to prevent spread. Vaccinated people can spread, but at a reduced rate vs unvaccinated. 

They are testing every third day, unlike back in bubble when it's done daily. So now they are finding cases. Early report is that both guys are asymptomatic. So vaccines are working just fine. 

Heard on radio that Schenn's positive test was from Sunday AM, before the Hurricanes game. Slow test turn around times sucks. So Schenn probably exposed the entire team by now. But so far only Lammi is positive. Let's see what they find later today.  If most stay negative, then vaccines are working at reducing spread. It's possible both guys got it from the community instead.  Maybe one of them went to Whistler :D

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Microbiology 201.  Vaccines don't act like a force field where the virus bounces away 2 metres from the innoculated.  They just give the body something to recognize as "hostile matter" so that when a real infection happens, the body responds and minimizes the possibility of mass production by either reducing the instances of virus latching onto a cell for replication, or attacking the virus before it latches onto a cell.  There will still be instances where the virus will succeed in latching onto a cell and convincing the cell to produce more copies of itself, but that should be greatly diminished compared to without vaccination.

I know the basics of vaccines.

But we are years into the biggest vaccination drive and disease control measures in history. 

2 hours ago, bad alice french said:

Yes discrimination. Another word for it is mandate. This group can go out to dinner but this cream can’t. This group can take the train but this group can’t. This group can go out for a drink but this group can’t. This group and go to a hockey game but this group cannot. This is discrimination am I speaking clearly?

Let everyone out of prison so they can go to the game. Stupid society. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2