The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

45 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Some of us never felt he wasn't.   Burke sure didn't when covering the signing.   Can't wait to see him crush guys with his neck again come playoff time.   

I’m about to change my mind about Myers now. Now I believe we can take back Pouliot and make a star out of him also…

Greens system seems to fit no one.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We just won 5 in a row. Including against some very good teams like PIT and CAR..

Wow. 

Edit SJS up next. Let's make it 6...

SJS are one back of Edmonton now and are one of the teams we need to leapfrog so this one is big.

What a comeback.  Only could watch first so imagine my surprise at breakfast.

Looked like Quinn was all over the ice, love that he seems to have the reins taken off and allowed to just create.

With what happened last year, the positives rolling in the way they did, Poolman getting pulled I am amazed that they pulled the focus together to win this game.  This is hopefully one of those great character moments that pushes this team on like St. Louis before the bubble.

• Vintage 1

Fun game to watch and fun to come in and read the PGT after a series of wins!  

Impressed with the fight the team is showing now, winning a lot more board battles.  Watched Boes last night 3 times in one sequence along the boards behind the net win the puck back, that wasn't his schtick before.  

Team needed management change clearly.  Heard something in the post game TV analysis last night, can't remember who said it but along the lines of the COVID mess and how last year the players didn't feel supported by management and the league when they got that schedule from hell after their COVID recovery.  Made me wonder if that precipitated the start this year as they still didn't feel management had their back?  Also some comments about how Rutherford is willing to meet with the media where Benning wasn't, JB pushed all that to Green which put more pressure on him having to represent the organization to the media and talk about things that weren't just about coaching.  No excuses as clearly he needed to go, but interesting perspective that all was not right in the land of Canucks for quite some time.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Googlie said:

They had the tests, but not all the results

What strikes me as concerning is that the rest of us await results while acting like it will be a positive result. (isolate until you get the results). They had known positive cases and the league acts like you are fine unless you test positive.  

9 hours ago, sxqhfeh said:

Halak gets a $1.25m bonus if he plays 10 or more games. Another 250k if he has a save% of .905 or higher.

Currently playing his 7th game and he was at .910 coming in

I say we trade him before the bonus to a team needing G depth for a mid round pick, but doubt that happens before the bonus