The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Jan. 16, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Well said!

Getting him back and hopefully playing at his best should be a big boost and while I respect how much the d has stepped up since Bruce was hired, the previous 3 games against elite teams has been a bit of a wakeup call as cracks have started to show.

The contempt people have against him for excersing his fundamental right to take his time before getting vaccinated, regardless of what made him hesitant to get it seems silly especially since he ultimately received his jabs in the end.

I don’t think anyone here has contempt for him, frustration he wasn’t able to play for us after signing a contract sure, but not to that level. Sometimes there’s a lot more to a situation then what we know. He’s got indigenous heritage and given the hundreds of years of documented/substantiated poor government treatment of their people both vaccine related (like when they vaxxed for smallpox in order to continue removing tribes from their lands) and otherwise it put his hesitation in a whole new light for me. In the end though I’m just glad he and his family are protected now regardless.

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Still would never want him as a Nuck... he is that...Yuck

no more rhymes now, I mean it..

Hope he trips on a puck

Dirty little face licking........

suck

• Haha 2

"Noice"

Even better  as I was watching the game with a caps fan.

Unless it's ppd (or w/e) will be going to the return Nucks v caps in March.  

Hopefully see some Ovechkin magic (but only if the Nucks win).

also +1 on the rat-faced weasel hate.

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Hope he trips on a puck

Dirty little face licking........

suck

Haha there isn't a nucks fan anywhere that wouldn't take him on this team in a mila second. 

Your typical pest that you hate till he's on your team. 

Same as our Burrows/Kesler, but even more talent. 

His Jersey would be in the rafters in 10 years if he was a Canuck. 

4 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

I like Petey on the wing.  His playmaking looks looks dangerous which the tram really needs right now.  

Long term tho, I wonder what JR/new GMs vision for down the middle is

Peteys a natural centre.  He has the ability to be the franchise center we need.  He played like it his first year and a half.  Its all mental with him.  We are lucky we have Horvat and Miller down the middle while Petey gets his groove back. 

Wouldn't mind seeing them try Petey-Miller/Horvat-Podz though.

6 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Peteys a natural centre.  He has the ability to be the franchise center we need.  He played like it his first year and a half.  Its all mental with him.  We are lucky we have Horvat and Miller down the middle while Petey gets his groove back. 

Wouldn't mind seeing them try Petey-Miller/Horvat-Podz though.

Might be for this season only. Depends on negotiations come this off-season. Management needs to know if they want to come back and at what term and price. They cannot, absolutely cannot, afford to enter into next season with those two guys out of the roster.