The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Motte drawing interest

10 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

But don't player agents still use comparable contracts the club has given out regardless who the current GM is? 

It's like If my manager hired me with a salary of $60,000 a year. Even if that manager leaves other employees in the same or similar position as myself would want the company to give them a similar salary 

By that reasoning Loui got 6 million to average 10 goals and 20 points a year meaning every agent should ask for 6 million dollar 4th liners contracts.

23 minutes ago, coryberg said:

By that reasoning Loui got 6 million to average 10 goals and 20 points a year meaning every agent should ask for 6 million dollar 4th liners contracts.

It will be a talking point. End of the day ownership allocated those funds. 

51 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I get why Benning signed him, he's a solid person and great 4th line C/PK guy. I never liked the slamming of the player because Jim liked to overpay. 

Yeah. I think it was in Sportsnet that they said Benning has a tendency to get a particular player he wants instead of getting a player that might cost less and had similar qualities.

I guess another analogy is why go Maldives (which is very expensive) for a vacation in the beach when there's probably cheaper alternates ?

• Vintage 1

Motte is the engine that drives our fourth line. He gives them an identity.

We’ve seen how important our fourth line has been setting the tone with their aggressive forecheck in this run.

Plus he’s a great spokesman for mental health.

B3E9F0B9-0483-4739-A5EC-DB0F9193DB3A.gif

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

That sounds like an agent advocating for more money. He's a great player, but unless he's signing a pretty friendly deal, we just can't afford him if he's asking for 2.5+.

If somehow Poolman and Dickinson can be traded I would consider going 2 million for 2 or 3 years

Just now, iinatcc said:

If somehow Poolman and Dickinson can be traded I would consider going 2 million for 2 or 3 years

Not sure we could afford to trade away picks to move them. Maybe after a trade but it looks like Miller’s gonna stay. 

53 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not sure we could afford to trade away picks to move them. Maybe after a trade but it looks like Miller’s gonna stay. 

I'm secretly hoping Benning becomes GM in another team gives the Canucks some picks for them ;)

Can anyone say 1st round for Poolman :lol: ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I'm secretly hoping Benning becomes GM in another team gives the Canucks some picks for them ;)

Can anyone say 1st round for Poolman :lol: ?

Rumour/talk going around that if EDM collapses and either fails to make playoffs or has a really poor showing in them, that Holland will be shuffled into a head office job beside Nicholson and they will be hunting for a new GM.  I wonder what a Benning GM'd EDM club would involve in terms of turnover?