The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Jan. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Timrafan is ok once you muddle through his SwEnglish; his points are often confusing to us Unilinguals.

Because of GD Quebec, I took 6 years of Francais in school and still can't understand a word of it.

(Except Burr's, Da Turd.)

Please point to Trudeau and not Quebec for that mandatory french language instruction requirement. I was able to study music instead--a transition loop hole I guess. Then I regretted it when I started meeting Quebecers. Perhaps your professor or language aptitude also share some of the accountability for the 6-year wasted investment. I'd rather the money go to health care.

5 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Please point to Trudeau and not Quebec for that mandatory french language instruction requirement. I was able to study music instead--a transition loop hole I guess. Then I regretted it when I started meeting Quebecers. Perhaps your professor or language aptitude also share some of the accountability for the 6-year wasted investment. I'd rather the money go to health care.

Really, the thing that really, really bugs me is the amount of money spent shoving French down our throats.

Like wasting time asking Dr Henry and Dickey to repeat everything in French; that should be the journalist's job, not high value talent like Wee Bonny.

The whole world speaks English; they can have all the French they want in Quebec; but the billions wasted forcing it on people who will never use it is ridiculous.

All the money wasted on packaging, signs, Ottawa, etc; we should not waste our money like that, we have much more important issues, like as you say, health care.

I tried; I really did; but it is not one of my skills apparently; I'm a math guy (that's why I chew up some of the ridiculous math that untrained posters put up).

Not to mention any names (Baumerman77 or some such like, and posters predicting doom 10 games into the season, etc.)

Cheers!

Oh yeah, Quebecers don't speak the French they taught in the schools in BC.

Le regle ... I think I remember that.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, tas said:

it'll be funny to laugh at whichever team is dumb enough to do it. luckily it won't be this one. 

Honestly I’ve been thinking about this more and more.  What’s the worst that can happen? If He’s still a POS, he’s signed for league minimum and we just waive him.  If there’s ever a hint of locker room problems from him he’s gone absolutely no ramifications for us.  But I bet he wants to at least try to be in the NHL still and if he does we got the best bargain in the league.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I still feel more optimistic about this season despite what the record says compared to last season.

He’s trying to be a buzzkill however comparing the two records with how bad we were at the beginning of this season is pointless.

How about we compare game 25 to 39 stats?Those are the only stats that are relevant.

Also our goals against is way down so there’s that.

What a great way to end a tough road trip. Team showed a lot of character especially this game with Bo and Garland out, lovin it!!! Looking at the team stats the top two Plus/Minus players are Hughes at +11 and Schenn at +8. Never would have expected that at the start of the season, each for different reasons of course.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s trying to be a buzzkill however comparing the two records with how bad we were at the beginning of this season is pointless.

How about we compare game 25 to 39 stats?Those are the only stats that are relevant.

Yep he's a total chump. Par for the course with him.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I was right there with you so I thought I’d look it up:

Games 26 thru 39          

Last year    9 W + 4  L   + 1 SOL      37 GF + 40 GA   We feasted on the Laffs with 4 wins, 2 against the Habs & Sens, and 1 against the Oil.

This year    10 W + 3 L  + 1 SOL       41 GF + 31 GA  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I still feel more optimistic about this season despite what the record says compared to last season.

Wow, Paterson can't even get the stats right. Our goals for/against numbers are 101/111, not 98/109

• Vintage 1