The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Jan. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

If Kane wasn't a waste of a decent hockey player he would have been snatched up by now.

Nobody wants to touch him, that tells me he hasn't got his crap together. 

I’ve explained my reasoning why we should sign Kane in the Waivers thread.

Tas doesn’t have the greatest reading comprehension, therefore to keep it simple for him, Kane should be given a look. 

• Sad 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

As much as I think this TDL offers the best chance to trade Miller for a massive return, part of me just wants the roster to stay intact so that they can achieve the improbable and make the playoffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I’ve explained my reasoning why we should sign Kane in the Waivers thread.

Tas doesn’t have the greatest reading comprehension, therefore to keep it simple for him, Kane should be given a look. 

I think I read it.

Cause he's cheap for his abilities, with no real strings attached?

I'm just pointing out that if he was worth it, there would be more interest league wide.

Didn't mean to get in between you two. 

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I think I read it.

Cause he's cheap for his abilities, with no real strings attached?

I'm just pointing out that if he was worth it, there would be more interest league wide.

Didn't mean to get in between you two. 

There’s apparently quite a bit of interest - some teams staying completely clear but he still had options.  There’s a pending NHL investigation where he risks a suspension.  Teams are waiting for that to be resolved before signing him.  It’s believed a resolution will come later this week and if cleared he would sign with Edmonton.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, mll said:

There’s apparently quite a bit of interest - some teams staying completely clear but he still had options.  There’s a pending NHL investigation where he risks a suspension.  Teams are waiting for that to be resolved before signing him.  It’s believed a resolution will come later this week and if cleared he would sign with Edmonton.

Thanks, that makes sense. He is a talented player. I had not read  much about lots of interest but I did think he would find a home. 

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe the reason they haven't traded Miller is maybe other teams aren't offering what you think they could. 

He's 29 in March. It's not like that's his best before date. 

The TDL is 2 months from now - 21 March.   Just too early.  Teams typically wait to see where their group is at before making a move.  There's the pandemic and injuries can derail a season.  Sellers also try and create a bidding war to increase the return.  It's closer to the TDL that teams start and make moves.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, mll said:

The TDL is 2 months from now - 21 March.   Just too early.  Teams typically wait to see where their group is at before making a move.  There's the pandemic and injuries can derail a season.  Sellers also try and create a bidding war to increase the return.  It's closer to the TDL that teams start and make moves.  

Yup, that's exactly it. Even those advocating for Miller to be moved likely don't expect it to be sooner than later, I certainly don't. 

I'm pretty sure Rutherford's still in evaluation mode and that we likely won't see moves til management is fleshed out, if we see any at all. Or at least until we've hired a GM, which should be sooner than later. 

Edited by Coconuts

39 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yup, that's exactly it. Even those advocating for Miller to be moved likely don't expect it to be sooner than later, I certainly don't. 

I'm pretty sure Rutherford's still in evaluation mode and that we likely won't see moves til management is fleshed out, if we see any at all. Or at least until we've hired a GM, which should be sooner than later. 

Seems like forever since we’ve been saying sooner rather than later for the GM. 

Any updates on that front? 

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Seems like forever since we’ve been saying sooner rather than later for the GM. 

Any updates on that front? 

Rutherford says he’s down to 5 candidates.

I believe he’s doing in person meetings right now and he hopes to make a selection in the next week or two.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Rutherford says he’s down to 5 candidates.

I believe he’s doing in person meetings right now and he hopes to make a selection in the next week or two.

So by the end of Jan, beginning of Feb we should know our new GM. 

I hope it’s not Sean Burke. 

Pat Verbeek! 

1 hour ago, mll said:

Also cap reasons.  The longer teams wait, the more cap space they will usually have.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

So by the end of Jan, beginning of Feb we should know our new GM. 

I hope it’s not Sean Burke. 

Pat Verbeek! 

Is Beeker even on the short list? 

So maybe Ferraro can be his assistant GM.

Then we can have both the Big and Little Balls of Hate. :lol:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Is Beeker even on the short list? 

So maybe Ferraro can be his assistant GM.

Then we can have both the Big and Little Balls of Hate. :lol:

I forget where I saw it from, but I heard and read that Pat Verbeek was being interviewed by Rutherford. 

Guess we’ll see soon enough who the new GM’s going to be. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I forget where I saw it from, but I heard and read that Pat Verbeek was being interviewed by Rutherford. 

Guess we’ll see soon enough who the new GM’s going to be. 

Little Ball of Hate...not many guys scored over 500 goals and had over 2900 pims...Just one it's him lol.   Actually only 3 had over 2500 and 400, Tochett and Roberts being the other guys.   Him and Walker would make quite the pair lol.   Don't mind this hire, been learning under Stevie Y, and having a GM that played the in the era's he did, at that level and with that amount of truculence - let's just say i'm sure he gets it.    Without Rutherford i'd be against it....but with him and 3 AGMs feel that hire would be solid.  

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, khay said:

As much as I think this TDL offers the best chance to trade Miller for a massive return, part of me just wants the roster to stay intact so that they can achieve the improbable and make the playoffs.

Rutherford made the point about moving players if the net affect was to make the team a stronger playoff group to challenge for a CUP. I agree with that. I don’t have much interest in making playoffs if it is a quick exit. That said Demko makes anything possible. The offence has enough fire power. The issue is defence and if players are moved it is likely to acquire a defenceman.

It is Rutherford’s biggest challenge this spring in making the decision to be a seller or not.