The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Jan. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, mll said:

Those numbers include shootouts.  If you go to the NHL website and take the GF and add the shootout wins you'll get the numbers you posted.  

http://www.nhl.com/stats/teams

Or if you add up all the goals under the player stats - it's 98 because shootout goals don't count.

We are talking about the record here, not the technicality

I will make this observation, and not because he's a great player as much as when he's on the ice he generally makes positive things happen, Kyle Burroughs back in the lineup means two game win-streak.  Burroughs in the pressbox and Hunt on the ice equalled a three-game skid.  Do the math, Burroughs should NEVER again be subbed out for Hunt, period!

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

(Quoted myself to say):  Another Tranna pleasing start time in Vancouver; not fair; their team should have to adjust to time zone changes just as we do when we travel.

Preaching to the choir. Tell the eastern based bean counters your plight. Deaf ears there...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think it's pretty evident Burroughs should be in over Hunt. 

He's just a better player overall. 

Im sure his teammates would also agree as he is the first to defend any of them in a fight. Id sure as hell want Burroughs in over Hunt if I was a Canuck. And hes also much more physical. 

No brainer going forward. 

He reminds me of Scotty Walker his shot ain’t quite there but he has a lot of the same attributes maybe Scotty a little tougher also.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

Honestly I’ve been thinking about this more and more.  What’s the worst that can happen? If He’s still a POS, he’s signed for league minimum and we just waive him.  If there’s ever a hint of locker room problems from him he’s gone absolutely no ramifications for us.  But I bet he wants to at least try to be in the NHL still and if he does we got the best bargain in the league.

I'd say the worst is you alienate the 3/4 of your fanbase that possesses any shred of self respect. 

speaking personally, putting up with ryan kesler and raffi torres was the limit of what I can stomach. I will switch teams after 30 years before I support a team featuring kane. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think it's pretty evident Burroughs should be in over Hunt. 

He's just a better player overall. 

Im sure his teammates would also agree as he is the first to defend any of them in a fight. Id sure as hell want Burroughs in over Hunt if I was a Canuck. And hes also much more physical. 

No brainer going forward. 

I hope so.

Apparently Bruce has a history coaching Hunt in junior hockey.  And was enamoured with his shot from the point on the PP.  Seems like every coach has one or two of these kinds of players that they overvalue because of a past coaching connection.  Willie with Vey, Green with...Gaunce?  Sometimes you have to almost pry that player from him when everyone else sees the problem except them. I hope its not the case with BB and Hunt.

BB wants the D to play more offensive, north south, and maybe saw Hunt as filling that role better.  But surely by now he's seen Kyle's value in the defensive zone, even in keeping the puck in the O zone. And his physicality is sorely missing from this team as well.

I really think other teams would be interested in him. He's playing well above his cap hit.  We need more value contracts like that if we want to compete in the next few years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, RomanP said:

Wow, Paterson can't even get the stats right. Our goals for/against numbers are 101/111, not 98/109

Ugh, Patterson. Gave his podcast a try during my run today. I quit listening to it just because the negativity had become toxic, even for his standards. I figured, heck, the narrative around the team has improved immensely since I listened to it. And I swear the guy’s brain must be genetically wired to seek out ANY negative things around the team, because listening today you’d never guess this was a 10-3 team in it’s last 13 (or whatever the exact record is). Between J-Pat, Drance and Sekeres it’s tough slogging in the local market.

• Vintage 1