The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday, Jan 23/22 St. Louis Blues @ Vancouver Canucks 7:00 Rogers Arena SNPTV SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

This is so depressing.  Every single &^@#ing time we play a top tea, we dominate the entire game, yet they always seem to capitalize on their one chance.  Like why the &^@# do we not get the finishing luck these teams do.  Unluckiest shooting team in the entire NHL

A lot of our luck is used up by preventing goals

1 minute ago, shazzam said:

Dipietro is way too small

Taller than Halak who has made a nice career for himself.

He's still young, most goalies take years to become full time NHL'ers.

• Cheers 1

Shots =/= dominating. None of the Canucks shots have been good chances. No traffic wrist shots from range. That's not going to beat a pro goalie (looking at you Mikey)

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

This is so depressing.  Every single &^@#ing time we play a top tea, we dominate the entire game, yet they always seem to capitalize on their one chance.  Like why the &^@# do we not get the finishing luck these teams do.  Unluckiest shooting team in the entire NHL

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Maybe he will turn out be a Anton Khudobin-type goaltender.

He's definitely talented, so you never know. I just think it's an uphill battle for him to be a #1. Hopefully he can still making a career out of it, but I'd be looking at Arturs Silovs as our next successor to Demko.

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

Shots =/= dominating. None of the Canucks shots have been good chances. No traffic wrist shots from range. That's not going to beat a pro goalie (looking at you Mikey)

We've had quite a few good shots.  I'll be interested in seeing the dangerous chance numbers after the game.  

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Backbreaker. Good hustle by the team but the lack of skill and DiPietro in net is a recipe for disaster. 

Disaster?

They’ve been dominating play. The Blues capitalized on their first two chances with really nice redirections. The third goal was obviously a misplay.

I’m really happy with the way they’re playing, just need some finish. These are the games Petey and Boes need to be difference makers if they wanna be the top paid guys.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

Just now, GB5 said:

Taller than Halak who has made a nice career for himself.

He's still young, most goalies take years to become full time NHL'ers.

It’s pretty normal for people to talk this way. Last year it was Hughes. “He’ll never be good defensively” 

Boeser and Petey are both 28 years old too 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1