The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday, Jan 23/22 St. Louis Blues @ Vancouver Canucks 7:00 Rogers Arena SNPTV SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, Devron said:

I won’t be reading tonight’s. It’ll be all the people saying what this team lacks blah blah blah. Only missing the entire first line and starting goalie. You can’t argue with those people 

Past few games does illustrate why trading Miller or Horvat is suicide.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Anyone that's questioning Dipietro should be checking their hat at the door. That's one hell of an assignment it's not his fault if he's not quite ready yet as a third rounder. Sheesh, some people. Lol, give the kid a chance.

Yea anyone looking to put blame on him need to look elsewhere.

Our forwards need to find a way to score in these ones. Can’t expect him to post a shutout for them.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, ktcy2 said:

Dipietro will not make it to the NHL with his size. He had the same problem in his last NHL game exposing both his shoulders and going down like no tomorrow. It’s the same problem today as it was years ago. 

Agree. he's way too small for NHL and not agile enough.

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Anyone that's questioning Dipietro should be checking their hat at the door. That's one hell of an assignment it's not his fault if he's not quite ready yet as a third rounder. Sheesh, some people. Lol, give the kid a chance.

His ELC ends this year.

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Poor petey, having another tough game with the puck rolling off his stick three times tonight and getting easily knocked off the puck as usual.   Not sure what the heck is wrong with him but hope he breaks out of it soon and gets back to what we saw three seasons ago.   Fingers crossed he snaps out of it.

I kind of laugh when people say I hope he breaks out of it soon but we have said that a lot this year. A lot. So maybe for this year it is the new normal.

Just now, thrago said:

It was his relentless work ethic IMO that made him successful, but it's  been gone for so long I assume it's  gone for good 

Which allowed him to get his shot away.

I don’t see his work ethic as the issue right now. It’s getting into positions where he can get his shot away. And it doesn’t always have to be a perfect shot.

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If there's something that Pettersson could improve on, it would be getting stronger on his skates.

i think he changed his type of skates at some point in the last year or two, he's looked wobbly since then.

8 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I haven't seen a single shot from between the dots. All from angles or range. 

Hoglander and Boeser have had some.  We will see after the game. 

Brayden Schenn just said that they're lucky to be up in this game. 

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The chance would just go over his shoulder too

• Haha 1