The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

17 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Myers? What's the return?

I’d rather keep Myers myself. However, look at what teams are trading for. Arm and a leg.

I think given the right deals, the Canucks can shed some salaries. 

Trading Boeser also has to be looked at. 

I don’t think the Canucks get anywhere near fair value for Miller. 

Myers and Boeser given the current markets could each probably get the equivalent of a 1st rounder and a top prospect.

Edited by Me_

Just now, combover said:

Trade him 

trader Jim reputation of trading isn’t living up to the panic or  hype when he was hired. 

We will see several trades by the noon (eastern) TDL this Monday.  Guys out:  Miller, Motte, Pearson, Hamonic and Hoglander.

If trading Garland brings in a stud RD like Brock Faber or Helge Grans +,  then they're on the right track IMO. Canucks need better, younger D.  I like Garland, he's like the underdog. His game is very physical for a small player, Canucks have been lucky he hasn't been injured long term yet.

10 minutes ago, Pears said:

I would be too but if the package is Grans+ that would ease the pain a bit. 

Turcotte and Grans plus a pick minimum 

But again these are just prospects. We’re gonna give up a legit top 6 player on a good contract for prospects who are not blue chippers?

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But again these are just prospects. We’re gonna give up a legit top 6 player on a good contract for prospects who are not blue chippers?

That is Turcotte, Grans, AND an extra $5 million in cap space this summer.  The big bonus is having cheap ELCs going forward in those prospects which means we can afford more expensive players.  If Turcotte is ready for 3rd line action alongside a new centre and Podkolzin... that could be some decent secondary scoring.

Edited by Provost

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Turcotte is a former 5th overall pick who’s still only 21 and a borderline blue chipper. Grans is a big puck moving RD who would look awesome in a couple years. I do agree though LA needs to pony up if they want him. 

Edited by Pears
correction

Just now, Pears said:

Turcotte is a former 5th overall pick who’s still only 20 and a borderline blue chipper. Grans is a big puck moving RD who would look awesome in a couple years. I do agree though LA needs to pony up if they want him. 

I think I would trade three pieces for a more sure thing with Clarke though.

Its nice to have multiple pieces but I’m not convinced either of those players are legit NHLers. 

23 hours ago, Provost said:

Garland and Poolman to LA for Turcotte and Grans

Garland, Rathbone, and Dickenson to Boston for Lysell, Debrusk and Senyshyn

Garland and Poolman to Pittsburgh for Marino

Garland and Myers to Jersey for Zacha and Severson

Garland, Rathbone, and a 3rd to Rangers for one of Schneider/Lundqvist and Kakko

They need to stop looking at my trade proposals as a basis for their tweets!!

:D

Kidding, I think a Turcotte and Grans trade for Garland would be pretty good.  If they take Poolman back instead of throwing us a pick, it makes it even better for us.  Not sure what money would have to come back for them to make it fit for this year as I don't know which of their IR guys could go onto LTIR.  We could easily take Edler back to retire a Canuck... but he would be pretty useful for their Cup run even as depth if he can get back up to speed from injury.

36 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I will be greatly disappointed if we trade Garland. 

Edited by Provost

26 minutes ago, Pears said:

I would be too but if the package is Grans+ that would ease the pain a bit. 

Grans would be a good starting point I think...he’s the kind of young right hand defenseman they need.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

To do a deal with LA, they need help with their cap. Division rival, make them pay

Garland (50% - you're welcome LA)

(RD) Brandt Clarke and (C) Alex Turcotte

No way! That's 2.5m in dead cap for us for years!

• Upvote 1