The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Feb 8th Coyotes Vs Canucks 7pm PST on SN

Rate this topic

86Viking

5 minutes ago, awalk said:

haha! I was just trying to listen to it again and it could be "hits the pass" too... the only thing I know is it is "pass"

Last time I played that game it was on a television that had to weigh at least 500 lbs…not even lying, how that beast got down into the basement was beyond me lol.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Last time I played that game it was on a television that had to weigh at least 500 lbs…not even lying, how that beast got down into the basement was beyond me lol.

Although BoS is still a classic, nothing beats NHL94. I still own a Sega with a 20 inch tube that I keep in storage for when any of my old friends come for a visit. We bust it out and compete like little kids all over again. The music drives my wife crazy :lol:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

the good old days, when your tv died, it just stayed in the room and a new tv was placed on top of the old one, until you had a family gathering where beer and testosterone got the best of men

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Although BoS is still a classic, nothing beats NHL94. I still own a Sega with a 20 inch tube that I keep in storage for when any of my old friends come for a visit. We bust it out and compete like little kids all over again. The music drives my wife crazy :lol:

i h8'ed 94 loved me some nhl 95. it had less of the cheap goals. nhl 98 is a pretty good kick, because we would skip last class every friday play nhl 98 until the coast was clear and then played street hockey

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I actually liked 95 better, and it had Kirk Maclean on the cover.  He was getting scored on by the Rags, but hey

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i h8'ed 94 loved me some nhl 95. it had less of the cheap goals. nhl 98 is a pretty good kick, because we would skip last class every friday play nhl 98 until the coast was clear and then played street hockey

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I actually liked 95 better, and it had Kirk Maclean on the cover.  He was getting scored on by the Rags, but hey

Sacrilege! Both of you! Take it back! Take it back!

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Sacrilege! Both of you! Take it back! Take it back!

95 had the classic Top Gun move........hit the brakes and he'll fly right by.  Coming down the boards, hit the brakes and the dman keeps going.  I loved 94 too, but 95 really kicked it up a notch for me.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

the good old days, when your tv died, it just stayed in the room and a new tv was placed on top of the old one, until you had a family gathering where beer and testosterone got the best of men

At 1:30 he tries to lift the TV. Lol.

Edited by Barnstorm
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i will take it back, cause i actually never owned nhl 94

Fair.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

95 had the classic Top Gun move........hit the brakes and he'll fly right by.  Coming down the boards, hit the brakes and the dman keeps going.  I loved 94 too, but 95 really kicked it up a notch for me.

Also fair. To each their own, as they say. Wasn't 95 the first year you could create your own player?

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Fair.

Also fair. To each their own, as they say. Wasn't 95 the first year you could create your own player?

yup and that was a big reason why I liked it so much.  I was going to UVIC and living in a house with two other guys and that's pretty much all we did, NHL 95 and ping pong.  We each got to create a character and make a certain number of trades

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

yup and that was a big reason why I liked it so much.  I was going to UVIC and living in a house with two other guys and that's pretty much all we did, NHL 95 and ping pong.  We each got to create a character and make a certain number of trades

Fantastic. I'm betting it was more 95 and less studying hahaha. 

Love all the talk about NHL 94 and 95 on the genesis. Both great, but 95 was the winner for me. Plus the Canuck line up rocked on it. (Mind you, Jiri Slegr’s ratings were far too low). After some good healthy competition on the 95, I’d always flip over to Mutant League Hockey for some light, fun finish. Bring out the chain saws and time to bribe the refs!

Edited by Slegr
  • Vintage 1