The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Guy was told to play a shutdown role b/c we basically have 0 competent shutdown defenders. Today he's told to make offence happen and does exactly that.

We need to ship poolman out and get a competent shutdown guy, and we'll have a top tier blue line. 

Poolman and Boroughs were doing a great job at shutting things down under Green. We need to put them back together on the third pairing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

:picard:

Not sure why that’s a face palm.

Crouse is 24 and is exactly what every team wants. 

I bet if he got out of Arizona you’d see him reach a new level offensively.

Id wanna be certain that the pick is later than 10 but I think that would be good value.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So if the Canucks used a lottery protected 1st round pick to land Crouse, would it be worth it?

Is he really worth Miller or Garland and OEL?  He’s nowhere near that level and people would never stop complaining about those trades.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

He does. He's a tough kid. Lots of heart and you can tell he bleeds blue. Like Stetch did.

I really like Burroughs, he is really a find, and I’d wager, no joy to play against. It’ll be an interesting day if he is still here when Lockwood and Woo arrive. None would be fun playing against unless you really have a taste for their kind of game - I kind of have the sense that Burrows  (of the Alex variety)  and Kesler would have loved playing against their doppelgangers.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Not sure why that’s a face palm.

Crouse is 24 and is exactly what every team wants. 

I bet if he got out of Arizona you’d see him reach a new level offensively.

Id wanna be certain that the pick is later than 10 but I think that would be good value.

We have priorities and that would like a #3 on any list of mine.............

#1.........1/2 RHD

#2. 3rd line center who can take FO and penalty kill

#3..........sure Crouse!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

No no no no no no  no NO!

For a 10-15 pick I would consider it.

Too many times we value those picks way too much. Like there’s really no guarantee that pick pans out and even it does that player is at least 5 years from making an impact.

If we can recoup picks from other vets it could be a good move. Crouse is a heckuva a player. Someone every top contender has.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

It was Arizona tonight, so I wouldn’t make plans for playing the rest of the NHL based on playing the Desert Mutts. OEL did get three points, but then Juulson had two, so what does that mean? Putting a strong defensive left D who could take on some of OELs defensive responsibilities would help, though. In addition, he creates play differently than Hughes, which is a good thing to have - when it’s not working for one guy, it might work for the other.

It is the Coyotes, so a grain of salt for sure. But I've been of the opinion that OEL should be getting more of those soft offensive minutes for a little while now. Given the career he's had it's strange that he's just fallen off offensively.

It's a number of things, no doubt, but Hughes getting preferential treatment offensively is part of it. If Hughes wants to grow as a player he'll need to take more of those hard minutes OEL and Myers are eating.

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

We have priorities and that would like a #3 on any list of mine.............

#1.........1/2 RHD

#2. 3rd line center who can take FO and penalty kill

#3..........sure Crouse!

There’s other ways to accomplish those other moves though.

Im not giving up a 1st for a third line center.

The number 1 RHD we for sure need. But again can be acquired in other ways. 

If we end up trading a forward we’ll also need a replacement winger. Crouse would be a great add.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, Ray_Cathode said:

I really like Burroughs, he is really a find, and I’d wager, no joy to play against. It’ll be an interesting day if he is still here when Lockwood and Woo arrive. None would be fun playing against unless you really have a taste for their kind of game - I kind of have the sense that Burrows  (of the Alex variety)  and Kesler would have loved playing against their doppelgangers.

Burroughs, Schenn, Myers, maybe Juulesen too. These D playing hard might take some pressure off Garland and Bo and JT to stand up for the group. Rough guys play hard, top guys score. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would say yes.

Fits the age range and our needs perfectly.

We could probably get him locked in for a pretty reasonable cap hit with his numbers too. A good replacement for Pearson.

If using a 1st then Canucks might as well go for it, keep Miller and make the playoffs.

Trade Dickinson + Poolman/Hamonic + unprotected 1st 2022 for Crouse.  

We get a young PWF and much needed cap space.