The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] February 9, 2022 NY Islanders @ Vancouver Canucks at 7:30 on SNPTV and SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

When you're screened you're as good as guessing, $&!# happens. Game happens fast. 

Third was a deflection, those are tough on any tender.

Could maybe have had the first.

I've no problem calling a spade a spade when someone's awful, Halak hasn't been awful. 

We don't play well in front of backups more often than not. Holtby had the same thing happen last season, he was better than his record indicated.

I agree it's a guess on a screen but usually you go to the pucks last location he went to where he thought the pass was going to go

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

When you're screened you're as good as guessing, $&!# happens. Game happens fast. 

Third was a deflection, those are tough on any tender.

Could maybe have had the first.

I've no problem calling a spade a spade when someone's awful, Halak hasn't been awful. 

We don't play well in front of backups more often than not. Holtby had the same thing happen last season, he was better than his record indicated.

Agreed, but ive definitely felt Halak has been better than Holtby was. Halak has made some incredible saves, I never felt like Holtby was really stealing anything for us. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

1. Blown coverage by OEL

2. Screened and tipped of Myers

3. Deflection off a skate. 

Halak is not at fault here. 

1. Pad wasn't all the way down on the nice allowing the puck to go under

2. Was to far left and brutally out of position

3.Deflection but was still stupidly slow to react 

• Haha 1