The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Horvats a minus one. It happens.  Horvat has hits. that's unacceptable even in a game we're winning, and we weren't.  Yah, I'd say that comes in to question.

Heavy sigh.  :unsure:

I mean maybe the whole Horvat/Miller feud was blown out of proportion.

But I’m starting to think Horvat has been kind of cast aside as leader of the team. 

Something is affecting his confidence on the ice. He doesn’t look close to the same player he was.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

But I’m starting to think Horvat has been kind of cast aside as leader of the team. 

Something is affecting his confidence on the ice. He doesn’t look close to the same player he was.

We could trade Bo and Miller?  Bo, will for sure want to stay.  But Miller is gone as soon  as he gets to free agency.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

No one on the team was hitting anybody let alone their star.

And that's the non measurable we are very much lacking.  We are a soft team, and way too easy to play against.  We need a Bobby Clarke led Flyers' type club.  Bring in guys who will try to do serious damage to the other team.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And that's the non measurable we are very much lacking.  We are a soft team, and way too easy to play against.  We need a Bobby Clarke led Flyers' type club.  Bring in guys who will try to do serious damage to the other team.  

Yep and I hope JR is looking for those players to go along with the speed and skill.

The Sedins know the value of players like Rypien, Hordichuck, Torres, Glass etc. They don’t have to be goons they just need to be willing to take care of business.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Seen way too much of this from Bo over the last few years.

Bo the Ox died when they pinned a C to his chest. It's either too heavy a burden or he treated that letter as mission accomplished.

I wouldn't be upset if he's moved. 

• Vintage 1

Some stats on our playoff reality from Jeff Paterson. JR and PA know this team is very likely to miss the playoffs again with no cap room. They will be making changes:

for those that believe playoffs are still realistic goal for #Canucks, you have to also believe team won’t lose more than 10 more games in regulation. 21-10 over final 31 would yield 42 points + 52 they’ve already amassed. More than 10 regulation losses and they can’t gain 42 pts

11 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Seen way too much of this from Bo over the last few years.

Bo the Ox died when they pinned a C to his chest. It's either too heavy a burden or he treated that letter as mission accomplished.

I wouldn't be upset if he's moved. 

What I do know is that they always choose passive leaders. I have never understood why they haven’t chosen a captain who can lead by example and be vocal at the same time. Maybe they don’t have that person. Miller is the closest thing to it but he also losses his cool at bad times during the game and at times does not lead by example on the ice (When he is lazy going to the bench or does not back check).

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Wow!  What a slugfest in here.

We stunk up the joint.

There were some positives.

We threatened to come back several times after being down 5-zip in the first period.

Petey had a great game (and for those hating on Bo, Petey took the 'Figurative C' and showed the way).

Everybody has to learn from this game, JR, BB, Bo, Miller, everybody.

But they don't need to dwell on it, and neither do we.

Just get ready to gut out a win next game, no matter what it takes.

Learn, reset, work, and practice, practice, practice.

(And lets get Duster Goldie Goldthorpe to sit on the bench and glower.)

Bill "Goldie" Goldthorpe of the Broome Dusters (Binghamton, Broome County,  NY) in the North American Hockey League. Legendary cartoonist Johnny Hart  (creator o…

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

My question with Horat is whether he can be a solid 3C on a Cup contender? The stats says yes but can he truly carry a line? Bo hasn't had a lot of talent to play with during his time. There will be changes and as I said before I think the only truly safe holds are Demko, Hughes and Petey. Hoping that whoever comes back in trades can compliment the existing roster. Since JR wants youth and speed the immediate result on the ice could take another couple of years,