The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

4 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

We're actually not that deep on the wings. We're really not...

Here’s what we have:

Miller (can also play centre)

Garland

Pearson

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Chiasson 

Highmore

Lammikko

Dries

Karlsson

Lockwood

McDonough

not deep in high end talent but there’s enough here to replace Boeser’s 25 goals.  He’s not healthy enough to worry about.   I like Boeser but he’s had a significant injury in every season he’s played for the Canucks.  And it goes back to his last year in North Dakota hen he got injured.  He’s been injury prone ever since. 

The KHL is a league where clowns like Leipsic are among the top 25 scorers.

Other players in the top 25? Nikita Gusev - failed in Jersey; Vadim Shipachev - failed in Vegas; bunch of North American who couldn't crack the NHL and barely play at the AHL level - Corban Knight, Brian O'Neill, Curtis frickin' Valk, Kenny Agostino, Daniel Audette, Phillipe Mallett, Taylor Beck, Andy Miele and the aforementioned misogynist Brendan Leipsic.  You know who else was among the top KHL players a couple of seasons ago?  Linden Vey.

Throw in Goldobin, Granlund, Lohtera, Kohklachev, Niklas Jensen being some of the top players in the KHL, it's hard to get all excited about "an exciting free prospect" out of the KHL. 

If Kuzmenko signs elsewhere, I would hardly say that it's a big swing and a miss.

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Other players in the top 25? Nikita Gusev - failed in Jersey; Vadim Shipachev - failed in Vegas; bunch of North American who couldn't crack the NHL and barely play at the AHL level - Corban Knight, Brian O'Neill, Curtis frickin' Valk, Kenny Agostino, Daniel Audette, Phillipe Mallett, Taylor Beck, Andy Miele and the aforementioned misogynist Brendan Leipsic.  You know who else was among the top KHL players a couple of seasons ago?  Linden Vey.

Throw in Goldobin, Granlund, Lohtera, Kohklachev, Niklas Jensen being some of the top players in the KHL, it's hard to get all excited about "an exciting free prospect" out of the KHL. 

If Kuzmenko signs elsewhere, I would hardly say that it's a big swing and a miss.

Honeslty this take probably turns out 100% right in 2 years. Well said man

But let us continue to gush at his potential until he's chosen a team.

It's unlikely, but maybe he transitions into the next Panarin/kaprisov

(not meaning their exact play style, just that type of star) 

3 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Here’s what we have:

Miller (can also play centre)

Garland

Pearson

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Chiasson 

Highmore

Lammikko

Dries

Karlsson

Lockwood

McDonough

not deep in high end talent but there’s enough here to replace Boeser’s 25 goals.  He’s not healthy enough to worry about.   I like Boeser but he’s had a significant injury in every season he’s played for the Canucks.  And it goes back to his last year in North Dakota hen he got injured.  He’s been injury prone ever since. 

Lol you need an actual player to replace boesers 25 goals.. and no he wasn’t injured at all last season.. and because injury is part of the game winger depth is even more important and we have 0. Miller will never be a winger on the canucks. Pearson is ideally not ur top 6. Bruce doesn’t view garland or hoglander as a top 6.. so outside of podz we have 0 top 6 wingers.. pretty sad winger depth.. if u have to fill ur top 6 with a bunch of 3rd 4th line wingers and not 1 of them is a sniper. You listed 11 players minus miller.. only 1 player you can say is a legitimate top 6 or possibly top line player.. pretty sad depth no? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's like the Bee Gee's touring America FOUR TIMES!!!!! coast to coast, with Jimi Hendrix merely opening(ask the Monkees how that went!)

If I recall, The story goes that's Hendrix played "Foxy Lady" and fans sang "Foxy Davey"

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Maverick84 said:

If I recall, The story goes that's Hendrix played "Foxy Lady" and fans sang "Foxy Davey"

Not surprising, given another of Jimi's tunes was "Excuse my, while I kiss this guy".

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol you need an actual player to replace boesers 25 goals.. and no he wasn’t injured at all last season.. and because injury is part of the game winger depth is even more important and we have 0. Miller will never be a winger on the canucks. Pearson is ideally not ur top 6. Bruce doesn’t view garland or hoglander as a top 6.. so outside of podz we have 0 top 6 wingers.. pretty sad winger depth.. if u have to fill ur top 6 with a bunch of 3rd 4th line wingers and not 1 of them is a sniper. You listed 11 players minus miller.. only 1 player you can say is a legitimate top 6 or possibly top line player.. pretty sad depth no? 

lol, of course that kid is way out of his league. He'll make up anything in an attempt to justify keeping Miller. :bored: Yawwwwn ... newbies. :P

11 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

KHL and many other sports leagues in eastern Europe are OK with racism, homophobia and people with dicey records!! 

I wonder if Virtanen is going back to make a few more bucks! 

28 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Huge asset tho. If he's a middle 6 player next year it's an offensive contributor on an ELC. 

Could be a nice upgrade on Dickinson

for sure, no debate there, just that he's got more media on him than OJ's white bronco chase lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, seeteesee said:

And then when he doesn't choose us bash him as overrated! LOL

p.s. I don't see him as a big loss if we don't...We see this repeatedly with KHL or NCAA players, often the big fish is nothing more than a minnow.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NucknAsia said:

And then when he doesn't choose us bash him as overrated! LOL

p.s. I don't see him as a big loss if we don't...We see this repeatedly with KHL or NCAA players, often the big fish is nothing more than a minnow.

You know the people here well :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Yeah, most prospects don’t make it, even high choices. Older prospects give you a better look but still most will fail. It is a numbers game and so adding prospects adds to chances, simple math. 
‘I look at this as laying the groundwork to try to get the equivalent of a 4-5th round pick with a couple of years development for free. Nice to have, most likely nothing but another ticket in the lottery. 
‘I wouldn’t pencil any of our current prospects into our line up next year other than Spencer Martin nor would I assume Kuzmenko would be in the lineup if we signed him. 
Can’t score on shots you don’t take, it is just front office effort we are burning to try to add this guy for free, no real assets being burned except for maybe a contract spot and what is likely a fairly small amount of cap space. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, seeteesee said:

If Kuzmenko signs with the Canucks, I honestly hope I'm wrong and he turns into useful player.

1 hour ago, RakuRaku said:

KHL and many other sports leagues in eastern Europe are OK with racism, homophobia and people with dicey records!! 

I wonder if Virtanen is going back to make a few more bucks! 

Virtanen...LMFAO.  What loser he turned out to be.

18 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Yeah, most prospects don’t make it, even high choices. Older prospects give you a better look but still most will fail. It is a numbers game and so adding prospects adds to chances, simple math. 
‘I look at this as laying the groundwork to try to get the equivalent of a 4-5th round pick with a couple of years development for free. Nice to have, most likely nothing but another ticket in the lottery. 
‘I wouldn’t pencil any of our current prospects into our line up next year other than Spencer Martin nor would I assume Kuzmenko would be in the lineup if we signed him. 
Can’t score on shots you don’t take, it is just front office effort we are burning to try to add this guy for free, no real assets being burned except for maybe a contract spot and what is likely a fairly small amount of cap space. 

Totally agree...the more the better.  You can never have enough of these prospects/potential players in your system.  Like dating girls in your teen years and twenties.  You never know which one turns out to be your wife.  More tries, the better your decision will be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But are we still on the shortlist of 15 teams?? :frantic:

Well , I think Milstein said they would announce a decision a couple of weeks into June..  perhaps the favourite city / team was left til last DeNiro.

An announcement,  and then flight home to Russia to get things in order?

No need to double back across the continent.

Lets hope for beautiful weather,  and snow capped peaks ;) 

• Cheers 1