The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Jacob Chychrun as a TDL acquisition

Odd.

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

And is also a big boy who can play physical.

+/- means nothing when you play for ARZ

He's having a pretty bad season. Has the worst +/- in the league considering he's played only 39 games.

It's not--like some people say--a useless stat. Just needs context.
The next worst +/- on the Coyotes is Antoine Roussel with -18...

Edited by Nave
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, which is why i said it makes little sense for the team to do a trade like this for Chychrun. 

I think it's just posturing through the media, we've been doing that a lot lately so I think negotiations with New York are probably ongoing 

That being said, we could package some of whatever we got back for Miller and try to acquire Chychrun 

Which assets we have depends on how many larger moves Al and JR plan on making 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Nave said:

He's having a pretty bad season. Has the worst +/- in the league considering he's played only 39 games.

And Scrubby isn’t putting up points.  He’s terrible defensively and even worse offensively.  Without OEL taking all the hard minutes, Scrub bud is what we now see.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Nave said:

Here’s the question though. How many folks actually watch Yotes games and are aware of how poor their play is on occasion? How much of a minus was QH again last year, hmmmm?

year before that?

doesnt mean squat when the team you’re playing for plays like garbage.

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Here’s the question though. How many folks actually watch Yotes games and are aware of how poor their play is on occasion? How much of a minus was QH again last year, hmmmm?

year before that?

How many points was Quinn still putting up?  Hughes is a point producing machine.  Chychscrub can’t produce while trying to play a defensive role.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

year before that?

Hughes played terrible defense last year. He's head and shoulders better in that department now. 
I'm not saying Chychrun is a horrible player. I think he's worth his contract, and his ability to play the right side is intriguing.
But I don't want to give up our 1st for Chychrun. That is probably what the Coyotes want. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How many points was Quinn still putting up?  Hughes is a point producing machine.  Chychscrub can’t produce while trying to play a defensive role.  

That's it, Alfred. I'm gonna find you and shave you bald during this winter freeze so that your Melmacian pecans disappear into your body cavity.

Edited by RWJC

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What do you honestly gain from bashing someone the way you have with Chychrun?

Arent you like over 50 years old? Have some decency. It’s easy to sit there behind a computer and bash a 23 year old the way you have. 

Chychrun had a better season than QH last year, I don’t see you talking smack the same way you have with Chychrun. 

I understand constructive criticism, but some of the crap you’ve been spewing lately is questionable and far removed from reality. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Nave said:

Hughes played terrible defense last year. He's head and shoulders better in that department now. 
I'm not saying Chychrun is a horrible player. I think he's worth his contract, and his ability to play the right side is intriguing.
But I don't want to give up our 1st for Chychrun. That is probably what the Coyotes want. 

Our team has a few problems. 

Our pp and pk aren't good   

Does chic solve either of those?  He plays the same side as Hughes and oel, so that's an issue. 

We have Miller,  horvat, Garland, boeser, pettersson, Hughes,  demko , oel.....enough talent to perform better than we have been.

We come out flat many nights even against teams that aren't that good. Why is that? 

We are to soft.  Chychrun helps in that department.  

We also are low on prospects.  And reading for him would only worsen that.

He's not a fit so if they serious about giving up youth for him we might as well bring back Benning.

I like him but he doesn't solve much of our problems.

39 minutes ago, Nave said:

Yeah it'd be hard to lose that 1st for sure.

But what do we gain? A bonafide NHL young Dman who with some of his production might make that 1st even less valuable.

One thing to always consider/remember in all of these proposals is that drafting is by no means a guarantee.

Except for the ELC cap relief and bridge deal scenarios which literally buy time, its still a major gamble that you'll even have a talent that you can develop into an NHL player.

When you're getting a guy at 23 who can already participate at the level Chychrun has shown, I think the 1st is valid.

The big question is do we need him?

From my perspective, if QH or OEL goes down, we are F'd.  There is no one else who can guarantee offense from the backend.

I want a team that is balanced, that can push through the inevitable injury plague and keep relative pace in the standings.

We are almost always 1 or 2 injuries away from being in serious trouble. As well, if QH hits a slump, again, we are in deep doo doo.

We have some cheap young talent in the F group that just need more time to develop.

In that span, we really should focus on giving this D as much of an overhaul as we can and create a real solid group instead of some patchwork crap we have seen for a few seasons now.

9 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Our team has a few problems. 

Our pp and pk aren't good   

Does chic solve either of those?  He plays the same side as Hughes and oel, so that's an issue. 

We have Miller,  horvat, Garland, boeser, pettersson, Hughes,  demko , oel.....enough talent to perform better than we have been.

We come out flat many nights even against teams that aren't that good. Why is that? 

We are to soft.  Chychrun helps in that department.  

We also are low on prospects.  And reading for him would only worsen that.

He's not a fit so if they serious about giving up youth for him we might as well bring back Benning.

I like him but he doesn't solve much of our problems.

partially agree, and its a long shot, so i'll put my perspective to rest.

If mgmt trades for him, you can all blame me for my attempts at cosmic manifestation.

Edited by RWJC

8 hours ago, Odd. said:

From the Don Taylor and Rick Dhaliwal show. Canucks want Arizona to lower the asking price, and are also looking at a plan B scenario where they are looking to acquire someone similar to Chychrun, perhaps a McAvoy, Smith or Schneider.

It is Dhali.  Fake News. Anything from him in this department is garbage

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

How mean would it be to trade Garland back to them now he signed a new contract….

:D

He makes too much for them.

I think they’ve found a loophole where they’re gonna play college players that they don’t have to pay.

That’s the real reason they moved to a college arena.