The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

That’s what I meant…in event of injury, he gets a last chance with this club to prove he can hang and is somewhat insulated too. Then he’s dealt as a slight sweetener in any deal that might require it. I don’t think he has a future with us, but might in the NHL with another club who is starved for offense on D. PIT might be a destination as Letang is getting on, and especially if they don’t deal for Karlsson 

Garland + Ratbone for Pettersson would be almost cap neutral. They'd have to like Rathbone over POJ though.

• Cheers 2

I think the most likely scenario for Canucks at this point is to start with Myers in the lineup and hope he'll motivate himself to perform better for his next contract, and we can flip him for something at the TDL to a contender that needs some depth for the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

I think the most likely scenario for Canucks at this point is to start with Myers in the lineup and hope he'll motivate himself to perform better for his next contract, and we can flip him for something at the TDL to a contender that needs some depth for the playoffs. 

If he’s playing well enough to draw attention from other teams and the Canucks are in the playoff mix I don’t see them trading him.

Only way I see him getting traded is in September after his bonus is paid, or if the Canucks are well out of the playoff picture again come deadline.

• Vintage 1

Saw a post regarding a 3 way deal involving Karlsson/Myers/Pesce that looked interesting. Carolina getting EK, Van getting Pesce, SJ getting Myers. No further details about other pieces moving around. 

Edited by canuck73_3

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Saw a post regarding a 3 way deal involving Karlsson/Myers/Pesce that looked interesting. Carolina getting EK, Van getting Pesce, SJ getting Myers. No further details about other pieces moving around. 

It had a first from us and Carolina as well as a second from Carolina going to SJ.  EK with 30% retained.

It was just a twitter based proposal not a true rumour.  Careful with Canucksdaily they post fantasy proposals as if they are news.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

It had a first from us and Carolina as well as a second from Carolina going to SJ.  EK with 30% retained.

It was just a twitter based proposal not a true rumour.  Careful with Canucksdaily they post fantasy proposals as if they are news.

This is certainly interesting, but don't think we have cap room to facilitate this deal. We'd have to dump contracts which means throwing in more draft picks on top of the first. Just the thought of that drives me crazy.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

This is certainly interesting, but don't think we have cap room to facilitate this deal. We'd have to dump contracts which means throwing in more draft picks on top of the first. Just the thought of that drives me crazy.

lol myers garland and rathbone was included on top of the 1st from us and 1st from carolina to SJ in the proposal. i simply don't see how SJ would remotely even consider the package coming from vancouver.. they might as well just take pesces and the 1st from carolina for EK 30% retained and then trade pesces themselves for a ransom.. coz i know i laugh and hang up the phone if van offers 1st myers garland and rathbone for pesce lol.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If he’s playing well enough to draw attention from other teams and the Canucks are in the playoff mix I don’t see them trading him.

Only way I see him getting traded is in September after his bonus is paid, or if the Canucks are well out of the playoff picture again come deadline.

If he's playing well and we feel that it's largely from finally having a complementary D partner, and playing behind Hughes-Cole and Soucy-Hronek, with some actual systems in place, puck support from F's and solid coaching from Gonchar and Foote....AND we feel there's either a kid ready or Bear healthy to replace him...I'd still move him.

Don't see us extending him, and we're still in no position to let assets walk. If we can get pieces from him AND clear his cap to add elsewhere in the lineup and/or take on cap for futures at the TDL... in a heartbeat.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

he's playing well and we feel that it's largely from finally having a complementary D partner

Yip. Just having Myers not paired with OEL will be an improvement. Those two together equaled clown city. I can't even count how many goals went in where one or both of those players were out of position, in no mans land,  looking dazed and confused. 

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yip. Just having Myers not paired with OEL will be an improvement. Those two together equaled clown city. I can't even count how many goals went in where one or both of those players were out of position, in no mans land,  looking dazed and confused. 

Square pegs, round holes...:lol:

• Haha 1
  • elephant 1

6 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

If only my wife looked at me the way that you look at Brett Pesce.

Hell!  I'd even settle for how you look at Pius Suter! :P

He's just such a DAMN good fit for exactly what we need...and potentially available :wub:

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1