The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday Feb 24 Calgary Flames (30-13-6) @ Vancouver Canucks (24-22-6) at 7:00 on SNP-TV AND SNP-AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Miller had like 9 hits last game no?

Not the noses dirty they were implying 

Flames are a tough group with multiple guys who can, and will, throw down 

They aren't going to be intimidated by any amount of hitting because that's actually their game 

1 hour ago, tas said:

people seem to think you were joking, and maybe you were, but I've been genuinely pushing this angle on here for years.

you're absolutely right, the canucks have a tradition of non-tradition, and what's wrong with that? I like seeing the myriad of colours in the stands, I like that fans are able to pick and choose their favourites, I like the excitement a new jersey release brings, and most importantly, I enjoy being able to mentally associate an era of players with the jersey they wore. 

the og blue and green is well before my time but I just think of it as the early years. the flying v represents steamer and that 82 stanley cup run. the skate will always represent linden, bure, and 94. navy and maroon orca is the west coast express, and green and blue orca will always be the twins and 2011.

I, for one, hope that the next competitive playoff core in vancouver gets their own colour scheme as well. 

I was half joking :lol:

At this point in our franchise, it just kinda is what we do, and after all these years, I see nothing wrong with it. I grew up with the flying skate and think they're the best we've ever had. I also don't like how the orca came to be with Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment and their company colours. 

I'm with you, though. I like the different jerseys and identities. The flying skate is definitely a past era, but even many of the players have said how much they love them, and I've never heard a report of them liking any of the others, although it's possible they do. 

24 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I was half joking :lol:

At this point in our franchise, it just kinda is what we do, and after all these years, I see nothing wrong with it. I grew up with the flying skate and think they're the best we've ever had. I also don't like how the orca came to be with Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment and their company colours. 

I'm with you, though. I like the different jerseys and identities. The flying skate is definitely a past era, but even many of the players have said how much they love them, and I've never heard a report of them liking any of the others, although it's possible they do. 

I've also been debunking the bolded nonsense for about 15 years on here. ;)

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks - Page 2 - Canucks Talk -  Canucks Community

The colours are hard to argue against.

the company was invented for the sole purpose of managing the canucks, grizzlies and gm place. it did not exist prior. it is the equivalent of canucks sports and entertainment today. pat quinn was personally involved in choosing the colours. 

REFEREES

Jake Brenk #26
JB26.jpg
Gord Dwyer #19
GD19.jpg
Games ’21-22 46 38
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 51 / 4 49 / 17
Career Games (Reg/PO) 343 / 0 1094 / 89
First NHL Game 11/12/15 11/19/05
Birthplace Detroit Lakes, MN Sackville, NS

LINESMEN

Kiel Murchison #79
KM79.jpg
Derek Nansen #70
DN70.jpg
Games ’21-22 45 42
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 51 / 12 51 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 636 / 46 1217 / 61
First NHL Game 1/21/13 10/11/02
Birthplace Cloverdale, BC Ottawa, ON

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Not the noses dirty they were implying 

Flames are a tough group with multiple guys who can, and will, throw down 

They aren't going to be intimidated by any amount of hitting because that's actually their game 

Don’t need to intimidate them we do need to finish our checks though.

They need someone to throw down with unless they wanna take an instigator.

Doubt we see any fights.

3 minutes ago, tas said:

the company was invented for the sole purpose of managing the canucks, grizzlies and gm place. it did not exist prior. it is the equivalent of canucks sports and entertainment today. pat quinn was personally involved in choosing the colours. 

Exactly, the logo and colours were designed and chosen around the corporation, and we saw an era of new jerseys and colours that were a 360 from the beloved flying skate. It is what it is, but it soured a lot of fans a result. Could you imagine Aqualini changing the logo and colours to suit The Aqualini investment group and we were suddenly red, green, and white to match the Italian flag? I jest, of course, but I also digress.