The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders | Mar. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Do you know who else is in our sights? Vegas. They have been playing like absolute dogsh*tt and they're about to drop another one tonight. The Preds have been trending downwards too. There's like two divisional spots and both wildcard spots potentially up for grabs. 

Vegas being cocky could cost them the playoffs.

Conveniently placing Stone on LTIR to fit Eichel under the cap and now Stone can't come back even if he's healthy enough to play. Would love to see them miss the playoffs.

We will call it "Eichel curse".

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I got the Islanders feed here, and their commentating team said it was the right non-call. Same with the 3rd period one - they were ok with no call, but then said that if it had been called, there should have been an embellishment call as well.  I was impressed with the commentary, not at all as homery as I expected

Yeah

They are probably right but that would normally get called 90% of the time..

Im almost of the mind, if the management wants to give this group a run and see what they can do, then make moves to help them. If you don't think the group is good enough than make the necessary moves now. Don't sit back and wait this out.

Either make the moves to help this team win down the stretch or sell the pieces to move for the future. At points in the last few games I've teetered to the point where wow this team isn't good enough its not even close but also wow this team looks really solid if they had a few more pieces. I wonder what adding a few pieces could do to not only increase the moral but confidence of the group.

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Im almost of the mind, if the management wants to give this group a run and see what they can do, then make moves to help them. If you don't think the group is good enough than make the necessary moves now. Don't sit back and wait this out.

Either make the moves to help this team win down the stretch or sell the pieces to move for the future. At points in the last few games I've teetered to the point where wow this team isn't good enough its not even close but also wow this team looks really solid if they had a few more pieces. I wonder what adding a few pieces could do to not only increase the moral but confidence of the group.

The problem they have is acquiring more pieces when they have nothing to really trade for them.

• Cheers 1

Podkolzin back to back games with goals, nice to see him come on later in the season where games usually ramp up. 
Hoglander needed that, with Petey and Garland they managed to control the puck a lot in the game. Crazy to think we are in the playoff race from where we were with Green. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Podkolzin back to back games with goals, nice to see him come on later in the season where games usually ramp up. 
Hoglander needed that, with Petey and Garland they managed to control the puck a lot in the game. Crazy to think we are in the playoff race from where we were with Green. 

Vasily P > Vladimir P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2