The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Josh Manson to Avalanche for Drew Helleson, 2023 2nd-round pick

30 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I'm trying to ride with you, but we gotta quit tying our hands in the future; that should end with the crap already accumulated.

I agree, having dead cap isn't optimal for any team. But it's short term pain and I can live with that. It likely won't be a single season turnaround under Al and JR anyway.

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I agree, having dead cap isn't optimal for any team. But it's short term pain and I can live with that. It likely won't be a single season turnaround under Al and JR anyway.

Depends if they think we can contend next year.  Any retention of cap longer than 2 years is not acceptable though. No need to repeat the carnage Gillis and Benning brought with their dead cap.  Next year needs to be the last year we eat any salary whatsoever.

Edited by King Heffy

23 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Depends if they think we can contend next year.  Any retention of cap longer than 2 years is not acceptable though. No need to repeat the carnage Gillis and Benning brought with their dead cap.  Next year needs to be the last year we eat any salary whatsoever.

I don't think so, didn't JR say two years? And that's probably at the earliest, I'm inclined to think we're further off than that. 

But yeah, dead cap long term ain't something I want. 

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Pretty much guatanteed they'll use one of Girard or Byram in a move for a fwd.........I wonder who they could be thinking about

Pondering Which One GIF by Moncho

if avs are going all in, than id feel claude giroux from flyers would be perfect rental

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Byram for Boeser @50% retained then for them to really load up!!!

The cap space we open up after the season offsets the risk of Byram’s concussion issues.

Why would Colorado want Boeser though?   So they can have the headache of his 7.5M qualifying offer?  They are 1 of the 3 highest scoring teams in the league and it's not like he's bringing physical play for the post-season and his EV production has been rather underwhelming.  They are also built off speed with Bedard insisting how skating is now such an essential component of the game.

Edited by mll

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

It seems Duck is a seller before this TDL.

How about Canucks?

If we loss to NJ to-morrow, Canucks will be the seller

If we win to-morrow, we need to wait the rest of home games this week.

Yeah the NJD game is a big one. But even if we lose, I still don't expect Miller to be traded at the TDL. If we sell, it will be Motte and maybe, just maybe Boeser or Garland.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Manson is getting that return I wonder what a two time Stanley Cup champion like Luke Schenn with better point production would get on the open market at only $850k salary?

Manson and Schenn are not paid for point production.

56 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Manson and Schenn are not paid for point production.

Manson is also a top 4 RD while Schenn is a top 6 RD with us and was a 7th D with on a good Lightning roster. 

If we make room at RD(move out Poolman and/or Hamonic) I would go after Manson in FA. 

I remember a couple years back when Manson manhandled Myers in a scrum. Tough dude. Need more guys like him and Schenn. 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Manson is also a top 4 RD while Schenn is a top 6 RD with us and was a 7th D with on a good Lightning roster. 

If we make room at RD(move out Poolman and/or Hamonic) I would go after Manson in FA. 

I remember a couple years back when Manson manhandled Myers in a scrum. Tough dude. Need more guys like him and Schenn. 

Me too, Myers had just delivered a pretty good (clean hit) too.  Manson's at the very top of my wishlist for this UFA crop.