The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Giroux to FLA for Tippett, Samoskevich and draft pick

RWJC

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Because it is a fact. One of maybe two of at most Boeser/Miller/Garland along with possibly Myers/Hamonic  and Halak frees up enough cap and gives a beneficial return to work with. But this roster doesn’t need a scorched earth rebuild either. 

Likely see one forward moved for futures and maybe a hockey trade for a D.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

What's the projected Colorado offer?

If it's a roster player and 2 prospects (instead of a pick), then Philly might need to move a contract slot first (currently at 49/50)? I wonder if that's the holdup here.

Friedge reported that Philly likes the Colorado offer a bit more but they respect that Giroux prefers Florida just trying to get Florida to up their offer a bit more to their liking. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 2:16 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Semi finals of Florida, Carolina, Colorado and Calgary but good defences usually trump offences so I see a Floridq-Calgary final...

Please dont make me root for the Flames :sick:

7 hours ago, Gator said:

Please dont make me root for the Flames :sick:

Don’t worry.  
The Avs aren’t going to let that happen.  
Defence wins games, and Colorado has the best one in the game.  
Only thing the flames have on the Avs is goaltending, and Marky is due for his annual injury any time now.  

15 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Friedge reported that Philly likes the Colorado offer a bit more but they respect that Giroux prefers Florida just trying to get Florida to up their offer a bit more to their liking. 

The Avs will circle back for Miller.  I see Miller an Av this Monday afternoon.  Newhook and Byram on to us.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

22 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Because it is a fact. One of maybe two of at most Boeser/Miller/Garland along with possibly Myers/Hamonic  and Halak frees up enough cap and gives a beneficial return to work with. But this roster doesn’t need a scorched earth rebuild either. 

Yeah, no depth due to cap and lack of tradeable assets, besides a 1st or what is on the big club

Nice haul, by Chicago 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Avs will circle back for Miller.  I see Miller an Av this Monday afternoon.  Newhook and Byram on to us.  

Miller just keeps on putting up points! Now on pace for over 100 points. Signed for another year at 5.25 mill or a possible 2.6 million on retention! I’m thinking now it would have to be Newhook, Byram, +

Now I’ve said it before but I have to keep getting it out there on the idea of having your cake and eating it too! Canucks don’t have enough to win this year and next year while I see playoffs as a possibility we wouldn’t be a favourite. We could trade Miller for a haul to Colorado and sign him back to a 7 year deal in a year and a half.